Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Back to Bent. I would have thought someone would have signed him on a permanent deal but I guess that may have been one that might not have gone through until the end of the window when clubs panic about bringing players in and by then we might have been just as concerned about having him left on our books. Could it be as I would like to think we wanted something done now so we could bring someone in now rather than risk not having time to do it on the last day? In any case Bent like Benteke after him played a big part in keeping us in the top flight and as yet he has not been negative about the club so I wish him well at Craven Cottage.  

• Like 2

Downing can't use 'a lack of ambition' because we'd just spent 24 million so his reasoning seems to be 'he's a word removed', especially considering 6th with Villa is still his highest finish.

Barry wanted to go to play CL football, and we spent a large amount net while he was here, so to say he left because we weren't spending enough seems a bit unfair.

Young going was fair enough. He left to play at a higher level. Nothing to do with money spent.

Milner is a weird one.

The level of spending was unsustainable then and it would be unsustainable now, but I don't think it had anything to do with those players leaving.

Your missing the point. Players leaving because they wanted success and didn't feel they could achieve it here. A manager who had achieved top six finishes, still left.

Investment was going to be cut and both the manager and players knew that which equates to progression stopped and no chance of success. They were right about that.

Investment is still low and we've slumped from top six candidates to possible relegation fodder which smacks of a lack of ambition.

Edited by Morpheus

(I was actually going to say he looks a bit like Idris Elba but I'm not sure if that makes me sound like a racist or not.)

That isn't racist at all. Can't see much of a resemblance though besides the beard.

Downing can't use 'a lack of ambition' because we'd just spent 24 million so his reasoning seems to be 'he's a word removed', especially considering 6th with Villa is still his highest finish.

Barry wanted to go to play CL football, and we spent a large amount net while he was here, so to say he left because we weren't spending enough seems a bit unfair.

Young going was fair enough. He left to play at a higher level. Nothing to do with money spent.

Milner is a weird one.

The level of spending was unsustainable then and it would be unsustainable now, but I don't think it had anything to do with those players leaving.

Your missing the point. Players leaving because they wanted success and didn't feel they could achieve it here. A manager who had achieved top six finishes, still left.

Investment was going to be cut and both the manager and players knew that which equates to progression stopped and no chance of success. They were right about that.

Investment is still low and we've slumped from top six candidates to possible relegation fodder which smacks of a lack of ambition.

However we sorted out our financial mess whilst remaining in the league. Also still providing managers a minimum of 20million.

Nobody likes dropping from top 6 to where we were, but it had to be done to keep the club in sound financial state. It's something you just won't accept.

When I read the first article about a loan with a potential £2m bonus if they stay up, I thought it was a potential £2m bonus for Bent, not for Villa.

EDIT: But that was for Palace, not Fulham, of course.

Edited by Rob182

Milner is a weird one.

This man IS ignoring the dire financial situation which smacks of a lack of reasoning. And **** MON who caused it. And **** Mcleish who perpetuated it. 

Â