Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Bent just never fitted in with Lambert's philosophy, reports say he was 'too lazy' to try and adapt and that's the reason he had the captaincy taken off him and it given to Ron 'concrete' Vlaar. The deal is a loan and is worth around 2 million fee and 65k of his wages being covered.

Am I the only one who doesn't think a loan deal is that bad ( assuming they take on his wages )? He's at the lowest low of his market value right now. If he has a good season then his value might go up and thus Villa would be able to get a better offer than what has been on the table this summer.

Edited by BG_Villa_Fan
  • Like 1

Here is more on the news that Aston Villa forward Darren Bent is having a medical atFulham, according to Sky sources. The 29-year-old was reportedly the subject of a £4m bid from the Cottagers in July, which was rejected by Villa, but they are believed to have made an improved offer of around £5m.

That was around half 9 though?

Am I the only one who doesn't think a loan deal is that bad ( assuming they take on his wages )? He's at the lowest low of his market value right now. If he has a good season then his value might go up and thus Villa would be able to get a better offer than what has been on the table this summer.

Only thing is he'll be 30 and a year closer to the end of the contract.  I hope it's a permanent deal for about £5m, that seems to benefit all 3 parties best.  We could do with the cash to spend on a couple more players to finish off the squad, and I'm sure Lambert knows who he wants to bring in.

Not sure why Darren would consider joining Palace anyway,  half arsed club that never have been famous

To be fair. It was Holloway who made those comments not Palace. So your beef should be directed at him, not the club.

He made them about the club I support (actually he said used to be famous,  I've altered them to be more appropriate now) I have made them about the club he manages.

We are selling Darren Bent to a team that has beaten us three years in a row. Real smart!

Let's just give our nearest rivals a proven goalscorer at 5M, that is awfully good business after all.

Good luck to him though, always been a fascinating goalscorer and will probably score goals at Fulham when he will get some games. He leaves Birmingham for London and gets to play for a better club, so he isn't losing out much. Only thing is playing at that old cottage they have down by the river bank, awful place indeed. Been there a couple of times, always afraid of the floor giving up under me.

Again, I think it is a travesty selling him to them. If they beat us with 3-4 points come the end of the season and they have scored 10 more goals than us, we can only blame ourselves.

I dont care who he goes to as long as its going to save us a sh1t load for a player who doesnt even get near the first team.  Invest in a quality player now hopefully, somebody who will make a difference to the first team

Bent isn't being sold due to being a poor player. 

Not sure why Darren would consider joining Palace anyway,  half arsed club that never have been famous

To be fair. It was Holloway who made those comments not Palace. So your beef should be directed at him, not the club.

He made them about the club I support (actually he said used to be famous,  I've altered them to be more appropriate now) I have made them about the club he manages.

I know. You have insulted Palace when they haven't done anything.

Here is more on the news that Aston Villa forward Darren Bent is having a medical atFulham, according to Sky sources. The 29-year-old was reportedly the subject of a £4m bid from the Cottagers in July, which was rejected by Villa, but they are believed to have made an improved offer of around £5m.

That was around half 9 though?

Telegraph claims it's a loan deal.. Sky claims it's a full transfer.

Guess we'll wait and see.

Â