Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

We are selling Darren Bent to a team that has beaten us three years in a row. Real smart!

Let's just give our nearest rivals a proven goalscorer at 5M, that is awfully good business after all.

Good luck to him though, always been a fascinating goalscorer and will probably score goals at Fulham when he will get some games. He leaves Birmingham for London and gets to play for a better club, so he isn't losing out much. Only thing is playing at that old cottage they have down by the river bank, awful place indeed. Been there a couple of times, always afraid of the floor giving up under me.

Again, I think it is a travesty selling him to them. If they beat us with 3-4 points come the end of the season and they have scored 10 more goals than us, we can only blame ourselves.

We are selling Darren Bent to a team that has beaten us three years in a row. Real smart!

Let's just give our nearest rivals a proven goalscorer at 5M, that is awfully good business after all.

Good luck to him though, always been a fascinating goalscorer and will probably score goals at Fulham when he will get some games. He leaves Birmingham for London and gets to play for a better club, so he isn't losing out much. Only thing is playing at that old cottage they have down by the river bank, awful place indeed. Been there a couple of times, always afraid of the floor giving up under me.

Again, I think it is a travesty selling him to them. If they beat us with 3-4 points come the end of the season and they have scored 10 more goals than us, we can only blame ourselves.

I dont care who he goes to as long as its going to save us a sh1t load for a player who doesnt even get near the first team.  Invest in a quality player now hopefully, somebody who will make a difference to the first team

• Like 1

Turns out to be the only club to want him. Sometimes you have to get into bed with the fat ones to get want 'you' want.

• Like 1

If we only sold him to teams that we didn't lose to over the last three years there wouldn't be much choice.

• Like 1

Not really.

Bent does not fit in to our style of play and a high earner that we can't afford.

Not ideal selling to rivals I agree, but I think Fulham will struggle. Any team with Bent, Berbatov and Taarabt up front will put a lot of pressure on the rest of the team defensively. Their work rate is pretty much no existent.

Good luck Dazza, thanks for keeping us up and some great memories. Shame it didn't work out, best move for both parties though. We should have enough about us to finish above Fulham this year but I hope he does well there anyway and gets in the WC squad again. And anything to piss off Holloway along the way is a bonus in my eyes!

So what should we do  keep him sitting around on 60-80k as a back up striker ?

Bottom line is he is 29 he has spent the last year mostly injured there is a reason the most solid offers for him came from Fulham and Palace.If he was that good for 5mil alot more clubs would have been interested.

You should wait on confirmation before pouring the champagne but if it is confirmed then i think we'll regret selling Bent come the end of the season.

I wouldn't have thought so!

Lambert originally wanted to utilise Bent and was prepared to alter his set-up to accomodate him but Bent refused to meet him halfway and alter his style even slightly. A Villa coach said recently that Bent "...wouldn't even run 20 yards for you..."

He is a good finisher but his style of player is fading out.

He goes with thanks for what he did for us during that one season under Houllier but glad to get him off the books - no regrets at all

• Like 1

We've only lost to them last season away !

Before that under eck we won and drew .. with Houllier we drew 2 !

so 4 draws .. 1 win to us and them !

• Like 1

Â