Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

My Dad had Alan Pardew in his taxi today at Gatwick airport but didn't think to ask him about Bent.  Very disappointed in him tbh, I could have gone down in ITK folklore if he'd got a decent scoop.

"My dad's a taxi driver and he drove Alan Pardew from Gatwick airport today. Asked him about DB and was told a deal is imminent."

I'm afraid nobody would believe it even if it did happen :)

Well, plenty in the papers now about him going to Palace on loan, with them picking up the wages. Could be a good option all around. Could save Villa £3m odd in wages and a good season would add to his value. A permanent move might be preferable but out on loan is better than having him here not playing.

I think this is going down to the last minute of the transfer window now as It would appear teams are simply content to sit back & let us continue to pay DB's wages for as long as possible before making their eventual move.

It will be interesting to see if we remain rigid with our hard ball stance as the clock ticks down?

Whose going to blink first?

My Dad had Alan Pardew in his taxi today at Gatwick airport but didn't think to ask him about Bent.  Very disappointed in him tbh, I could have gone down in ITK folklore if he'd got a decent scoop.

My dad had Alan Partridge in his taxi today. He reckons Bent's got a foot like a traction engine.

• Like 2

My dad had Alan Partridge in his taxi today. He reckons Bent's got a foot like a traction engine.

I read the original post as Alan Partridge first time around and thought I was missing the joke until I read more carefully. :blush:

Am I right in thinking that Crystal Palace's option to buy after a season-long loan would be based on his market value in a year's time and they would have first refusal to buy at that price? If so that would get his wages off the books for this year and might actually lead to a decent fee if he has a good season!?

Well, plenty in the papers now about him going to Palace on loan, with them picking up the wages. Could be a good option all around. Could save Villa £3m odd in wages and a good season would add to his value. A permanent move might be preferable but out on loan is better than having him here not playing.

I thought his contract was up next summer?

Could be, I have no idea to be honest. Still better to have him off the wage bill than on if he's not going to play. Maybe we can get small loan fee as well. Depends what the interest is like elsewhere and whether we can actually flog him.

No. He signed a 4 and half year deal in January 2011 so it will run until end of June 2015.

Edited by markavfc40

THAT- IS A GOAL. Partridge would probably be better than most commentators!

The way i look at it is this.

If we don't get the rumoured asking price then he stays. He is an out and out goalscorer who can be incorporated into the team if Benteke needs resting or worse, he picks up an injury. Bent will have to knuckle down if he has any hope of going to the WC if England qualify so we'll still have a motivated player and we won't go bust just on the basis of having to pay Bent's wages at least until January.

The majority of posters on site seem to think that if we do sell Bent then the manager will be given more funding to buy players, hence the clamour and panic to get him out the door.

The sale of Bent will certainly help offset our current expenditure this window while getting another big wage earner out of the club and therefore it might be foolhardy to hope for more than that if your look at the recent trend of our expenditure.

Â