Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Don't see the issue here. Yes he saved us from relegation and for that I'm grateful but now he's an expensive benchwarmer. Unfortunately for Darren we signed this bloke called Benteke who turned out to be amazing and it doesn't make sense to keep one of our highest earners as cover.

I'm sure if he was on 20 - 30k and Bent wasn't desperate for first team football then we would be keeping him.

Somebody will take him before the end of the window, of that I have no doubt.

Sort of depends how desperate he is for first team football, because it looks like nobody is going to pay him anything remotely near what he's on here.

Could be our Darren will prefer to see his bank account growing while he plays for the reserves?

Don't see the issue here. Yes he saved us from relegation and for that I'm grateful but now he's an expensive benchwarmer. Unfortunately for Darren we signed this bloke called Benteke who turned out to be amazing and it doesn't make sense to keep one of our highest earners as cover.

I'm sure if he was on 20 - 30k and Bent wasn't desperate for first team football then we would be keeping him.

Exactly, his wages are just too high for us. we have better options for cheap although he is still a great player.

Don't have anything against Bent, he just doesn't have a 1st team future at Villa Park anymore so I now want him gone asap so that we can re-invest the money to the betterment of the team  by further introduction of personnel suitable for Lambo's system & career development.

You've kept your dignity but please go now  Darren & good luck with your future except for when you face us ofcourse.

Go! Go! Go!

Lets all hope then that 'direction' will be worth selling one of our best players for a nominal fee.

depends what you mean by "Best"

If its out and out goalscoring without any consideration for approach play, it could

be so.

just remember before a goalscorer can " have it on a plate" a lot of hard work has to be put in....Darren contributes very little to all that, where as players like Benteke, Weimann, agbonlahor do contribute in the approach play.

I would suspect in Lamberts eyes he is a luxury that he just can't afford. much like Greaves v Hurst in the world cup '66

There is another side to a game of football, its when you havn't got the ball and your first line of defence is your attack...that's something else I would suspect Lambert is not attracted to with Bent ( he is passive in that respect)or a passenger in somebody's language.

Its a shame really, because he has been a model pro, but then I guess you would be on c80k per week

Newcastle United are closing in on the signing of Astonvilla's Darren Bent on a season long loan deal. The Aston Villa forward claimed yesterday that a move was imminent as long as the Toons agree with the wage structure.

Wtf? why would we agree a loan move?

Newcastle United are closing in on the signing of Astonvilla's Darren Bent on a season long loan deal. The Aston Villa forward claimed yesterday that a move was imminent as long as the Toons agree with the wage structure.

We won't agree a loan unless there isn't any offer .. Most likely due to wages .. 

My favourite Darren Bent memory from his short time with the club is when he scored that double at the Emirates. one of the most impressive performances from a player in a claret and blue shirt.

No way we should be loaning him out- either pay the fee and buy him or we should keep him in our squad - to loan him out would be a joke.

Â