James Collins

AngelGabriel

Martin O' Neil used to buy people and if he didn't like them anymore or they didn't play well, instead of selling them on, he'd just leave them out to pasture until there contracts ran out.

Or if another club happened to want them, he'd sell them before he had a replcement, possibly because he may have never thought about replacing this player he'd just left to rot.

Aston Villa is a business to Randy Lerner, and this is not good business practice. When Lerner challenged O' Neil on this, they had a bust up and O' Neil left.

I think Randy Lerner is just looking for an employee in the manager role who will move people who are not working out on whilst simultanously replacing them with better quality. Not build up a collection of players where only one is ever used causing the wage bill to mount up. In Paul Lambert, Randy Lerner seems to have found an employee with this quality.

well we have signed him and now it looks like we will be working on selling collins, so we have done what you said. if we had to sell collins first why would we put in an offer for vlaar so long ago.

I imagine we spoke in detail with Vlaar but couldn't confirm it until a bid for collins had come in. Once that happened and we knew collins was off we could then finally confirm with vlaar.

or, we spoke to vlaar and lambert wanted to properly get a look collins, hence him featuring heavily in the states, before he would actually commit to anything. then after seeing him in the 3 games, as well as in training and with the squad on an away trip, he decided that he'd definitely replace him. vlaar took the hump because of the delay, probably despite being told that if anything would happen it wouldn't be until we got back, as he thought he might be seeing his chance to play in england slipping away

villa returned, lambert had made his call on collins, and within 24 hours the vlaar deal was wrapped up

And just a massive coincidence that james collins is off to talk to another club as we agree a deal with Vlaar. Oh and we apologise to Vlaar as well, i guess we said sorry for going on a pre season tour.

well we have signed him and now it looks like we will be working on selling collins, so we have done what you said. if we had to sell collins first why would we put in an offer for vlaar so long ago.

I imagine we spoke in detail with Vlaar but couldn't confirm it until a bid for collins had come in. Once that happened and we knew collins was off we could then finally confirm with vlaar.

or, we spoke to vlaar and lambert wanted to properly get a look collins, hence him featuring heavily in the states, before he would actually commit to anything. then after seeing him in the 3 games, as well as in training and with the squad on an away trip, he decided that he'd definitely replace him. vlaar took the hump because of the delay, probably despite being told that if anything would happen it wouldn't be until we got back, as he thought he might be seeing his chance to play in england slipping away

villa returned, lambert had made his call on collins, and within 24 hours the vlaar deal was wrapped up

And just a massive coincidence that james collins is off to talk to another club as we agree a deal with Vlaar. Oh and we apologise to Vlaar as well, i guess we said sorry for going on a pre season tour.

No it is not. Both deals happens right after we have completed the US tour.

There is no problem with it but there are a group of posters that have to find a problem with everything. It's tiresome.

No, what actually is tiresome is people moaning that some people have different opinions to theirs. The whole reason for this sites existence is to debate, if you don't like reading what other people have to say, why are you here?

There is no problem with it but there are a group of posters that have to find a problem with everything. It's tiresome.

No, what actually is tiresome is people moaning that some people have different opinions to theirs. The whole reason for this sites existence is to debate, if you don't like reading what other people have to say, why are you here?

I enjoy the debate. I just dont enjoy every single posters posts, which I imagine other people feel the same about other posters and I imagine there are some who dont enjoy my posts. The posts I dont enjoy is when people have a negative point of view in every topic they post in, I enjoy the differing opinions or, as you kindly pointed out, I wouldn't be here.

I have no problem with somebody being wrong, I mean, having a different opinion to me at all. No problem with negative posts or unhappy posts but never-ending negativity and whinging is tiresome and I believe there a couple of posters who are overly negative and those (small, vocal minority group of posters) are ones I dont enjoy.

Like I said, I imagine the same posters, or others, probably dont enjoy my posts. And thats fine, it creates debate.

I don't think people are moaning about different opinions, but rather a certain group trying to say it's a fact that we are on a sell to buy policy, when nothing really points to that.

One of the stand out things for me is that it states that vlaar's move is subject to a medical, and our medical team has been in the US with the first team, hence why it's on again.

I don't think people are moaning about different opinions, but rather a certain group trying to say it's a fact that we are on a sell to buy policy, when nothing really points to that.

One of the stand out things for me is that it states that vlaar's move is subject to a medical, and our medical team has been in the US with the first team, hence why it's on again.

So why the anger from vlaar, his agent and his club then? Why after just a supposed informal chat have we agreed everything 24 hours after landing? Why have we agreed to the deal at the same time collins goes to speak to another club? Why did we apologise to Vlaar?

To claim theres nothing that points to that is wrong. I'm not saying it will be the same for every potential signing but quite clearly this one required a defender to be sold.

So why the anger from vlaar, his agent and his club then? Why after just a supposed informal chat have we agreed everything 24 hours after landing? Why have we agreed to the deal at the same time collins goes to speak to another club? Why did we apologise to Vlaar?

To claim theres nothing that points to that is wrong. I'm not saying it will be the same for every potential signing but quite clearly this one required a defender to be sold.

When did we apologise to Vlaar? Genuine question because I've not seen anything of the sort.

Why does anything else you ask matter so much to you? Again, a genuine question because your stance has me baffled. It's almost militant, overbearing. You're dominating the forum with it and I want to know why.

The posts moaning about other peoples "tiresome" posts create no meaningful debate at all.

Maybe not. But he/she is also entitled to that opinion and the fact that he/she expressed it so well in his/her previous post perhaps deserved acknowledgement?

Â