Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

How unsettling will it be to have yet ANOTHER manager come in? Makoun? Will he be a part of any new manager's plans? And what about the youngsters, Albrighton,Clark,Bannan and Delph they all know they have big parts to play under Houllier, will that be the case under a new guy? We all had visions of the squad being cleaned out from its deadwood etc and rebuilt over the summer, same conditions under the new guy?

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like from what the General said that Houllier had another heart attack, if it was "similar to what he had at Liverpool". If so he should definately be off for the sake of his health and we should now be looking for a replacement (NOT Gary McAllister).

Moyes please!

How unsettling will it be to have yet ANOTHER manager come in? Makoun? Will he be a part of any new manager's plans? And what about the youngsters, Albrighton,Clark,Bannan and Delph they all know they have big parts to play under Houllier, will that be the case under a new guy? We all had visions of the squad being cleaned out from its deadwood etc and rebuilt over the summer, same conditions under the new guy?

Reasons why I would like to see Houllier stay on in some capacity, help the new manager settle and provide some advice + make them aware of the youngsters properly.

Houllier + Moyes seeing as they are meant to be good friends.

Sounds like from what the General said that Houllier had another heart attack, if it was "similar to what he had at Liverpool". If so he should definately be off for the sake of his health and we should now be looking for a replacement (NOT Gary McAllister).

Moyes please!

Not a heart attack but an 'aortic dissection' whilst at liverpool.

Without wanting to second guess the situation I would imagine the process of appointing a new manager will be nearby.

Dear me, the statistics on aortic dissection make for frightening reading. I wish Gerard and his family all the best, and I agree with Billy_loes, I can't see him coming back if what he's suffering from this time is linked to what he had at Liverpool.

Reasons why I would like to see Houllier stay on in some capacity, help the new manager settle and provide some advice + make them aware of the youngsters properly.

I would imagine that if Houllier does have to call it a day then the hand over to a new manager will be much better than the hand over at the beginning of this season!

I'm sure Houllier will let any new manager know his full opinions on each and every player in the squad and recommendations as to what he would have done if he had the chance to continue.

Whether the new manager would act on these would be entirely down to how much he respects the opinion of Houllier, but at least he would have a head start over most new managers coming into a team.

Moyes please!

He didn't have a heart attack at Liverpool.

Have read before that Moyes and Houllier are quite good friends.

It was Houllier that recommended Gueye to Moyes .

Looking at the odds I think I've missed the boat, was going to whack some on Moyes but the odds are only 8/11.

Guess a lot of people must be thinking the same thing.

You have to put this in perspective. They made a market and probably havent taken twopence halpenny on it. Installing Moyes at 8/11 is bait more than anything, making people think this is a 'good thing' .

What you have to do is second guess Lerner and who you think he'll go for and more importantly get.

Moyes would be great but I wouldnt be overly confident of him coming here and even less so throwing money at it.

Looking at the odds I think I've missed the boat, was going to whack some on Moyes but the odds are only 8/11.

Guess a lot of people must be thinking the same thing.

You have to put this in perspective. They made a market and probably havent taken twopence halpenny on it. Installing Moyes at 8/11 is bait more than anything, making people think this is a 'good thing' .

What you have to do is second guess Lerner and who you think he'll go for and more importantly get.

Moyes would be great but I wouldnt be overly confident of him coming here and even less so throwing money at it.

In honesty I'm never going to be able to second guess Lerner, the punt was a mostly blind bet on something that could come off with good returns. I didnt put the bet on as for me to be putting on a bet like that the potential rewards are simply shit @ 8/11.

Of course if I thought it was a sure thing then slapping more money @ 8/11 would be tempting :).

This would have simply been a bet and hope bet, losely based on things I have read (i.e. paper moyes gutted about not being able to spend), Moyes rumored as being our original no.1 and the possible exit of our current manager & being good friends with Moyes.

All those things considered, they arnt enough to bet a lot of money but would have been worth a punt with lower money and higher odds.

I did the same with Houllier and turned 20quid into 200+ ;p

The more I think about it the more I think Moyes would be a great manager and that he would be interested in coming if he was promised a budget. As much as he cares about Everton he has to care about his own career too, I think with Randy backing him he has to believe he will be able to take the club further then he has Everton.

I would like to see Moyes as manager but I would wanna see Houllier still involved in the club in some form. Not necessarily as a Director Of Football but he could be there purely as an adviser to the manager and the board and aid in the running of the club and expanding our brand world wide.

I'm concerned with Ancelotti's ability to bring through young players, I know at Milan he relied a lot on prolonging the older players careers with the Milan lab and at Chelsea a lot of fans aren't happy at the lack of chances the likes of Kakuta, McEachren and Bruma have had.