Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I would actually like Moyes to come here. But it's alarming that he hasn't won a trophy (McLeish managed to in a similar budget and shorter time) and seems to get knocked out of the cup by teams that are easily winnable. I mean it was Reading at home and another lower league team at home in this season wasn't it?

There's also the other factor he seems to always have a bad start to the league meaning he'll probably never achieve a Champions League spot. Yeah, he managed to once (a long time ago...) but that was without Man City in the equation.

Good solid manager though. Is clearly getting wrestless with the lack of funds at Everton. Moyes, Hughes, Rapha, Coyle - can't see beyond those 4 myself.

Van Gaal is available :D

How many times......NO. ;)

The Chuckle Brothers on an acid trip would have done a better job than Houllier / McAllister so why not?

But realistically I'd like to see Moyes here.

I'm told by a Man United fan that Jack Rodwell is off to Old Trafford in the summer despite signing a new contract. This might push Moyes closer to the exit door as he wants to keep his better players. Either that or Moyes gets to spend the lot and put up (and shut up) with having his better players sold.

If I were Moyes, I'd leave Everton very soon. They are a sinking ship. The players are getting older and Everton will slowly start dropping. Plus, Everton can't afford to buy big name replacements or even somewhat known players so they are hoping to rely on their youth. Everton had a good run the last 6 years even making the champions league, sort of. Moyes come to Villa where we are filled with young talented up and comers and cash. If Young leaves, than that if even more money for Moyes to spend.

So... say we get Moyes and he can bring Baines & Fellaini here...

------------------ Friedel ------------------

L Young -- Collins --- Dunne ---- Baines

------------------ Fellaini ------------------

--------- Makoun ------- Delph------------

Albrighton ------- Bent --------- Downing

Ay, ay?

(I think Dunne and Collins will be replaced tbh, but even if they're not... selling Cuellar and a few other players could fund the purchases of Fellaini and Baines).

I think the only players that could feel safe when a new manager comes in are Downing, Bent and L.Young (assuming Ashley will be off)

As for the rest new manager might like them or he might not.

If we do get Moyes i'd be interested to see which members of his backroom staff he brings along and which players he wants from Everton.

i cant see why Moyes would come. We'd give him a little more money to spend but not necessarily enough to warrant leaving a club and area youve spent that many years in. Think he might hold out to see if he gets a shot at the United job or maybe Spurs when Redknapp goes.

If this is, as General Krulak's comments seem to suggest, is the end of Houllier's tumultuous reign as head honcho at VP, then it does give Randy the one precious commodity he didn't have when MON decided to flee: Time.

As it seems we are almost guaranteed Premier League football next year, Randy can focus from right now on getting the right appointment for the close season, ensuring the new manager has an entire Pre Season to get his ideas, tactics, style of play and new signings to work effectively. No excuses, no scrimping and saving, an opportunity to really do his homework and thoroughly search for the best man for Villa. (I'm not suggesting excuses have been made before, just that there needn't be any this time either).

If rumours are true that David Moyes is a preferred option I think that would be fantastic, but Houllier should take a great deal of credit from the way he has trimmed the squad, severely slashed the wage bill and blooded the youngsters. Whether some of that is due to his hand being forced I believe is beside the point, GH has left a very nice canvas for a new manager to work from.

If this is, as General Krulak's comments seem to suggest, is the end of Houllier's tumultuous reign as head honcho at VP, then it does give Randy the one precious commodity he didn't have when MON decided to flee: Time.

As it seems we are almost guaranteed Premier League football next year, Randy can focus from right now on getting the right appointment for the close season, ensuring the new manager has an entire Pre Season to get his ideas, tactics, style of play and new signings to work effectively. No excuses, no scrimping and saving, an opportunity to really do his homework and thoroughly search for the best man for Villa. (I'm not suggesting excuses have been made before, just that there needn't be any this time either).

If rumours are true that David Moyes is a preferred option I think that would be fantastic, but Houllier should take a great deal of credit from the way he has trimmed the squad, severely slashed the wage bill and blooded the youngsters. Whether some of that is due to his hand being forced I believe is beside the point, GH has left a very nice canvas for a new manager to work from.

where has GK said this will probably be the end of GH??

where has GK said this will probably be the end of GH??

I didn't say he did say that, but in his own thread, he states that Houllier won't be there for any more matches this season, that the illness is linked to the very serious one he suffered when at Liverpool and something along the lines of health being more important than all else.