Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

Problem with Moyes is that his team are always terribly slow starters. I don't care how high they finish at the end of the season because Houllier was getting stick for the slow start he had, and he was a new manager.

Surely, Moyes should be able to hit the ground running after a few seasons in charge.

Alladyce should never be near Villa apart from when he is the visiting manager and simply no to Benitez.

Lets all get used to the FACT that Houllier will be manager next season, baring he makes a speedy recovery, he WILL get a pot of money to spend in the summer and WILL bring in players that will want to play for the fans/club/himself and we will be back to competing for EL again.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the thread has been going for over a month and it's taken GH's ill turn to give someone the excuse to complain it is disrespectful. If they really had a problem with the thread they could have posted their issues 30 days ago, but it smells like aftertiming.

Well the thread has been going for over a month and it's taken GH's ill turn to give someone the excuse to complain it is disrespectful. If they really had a problem with the thread they could have posted their issues 30 days ago, but it smells like aftertiming.

I agree absolutely.

Ha, actually, no, please read the first line in my post... there is a reason why I don't post as much on here anymore.
You've made 30 odd posts on the site since the thread opened. So if there is a reason, feel free to share.

The only way I think this thread would not be disrespectful was if Houllier had said he was leaving. But he hasn't. And he's not (unless he doesn't recover fully).

Blimey, a journo with a conscience.....wonders will never cease :)

I've been a big fan of David Moyes since his days as manager of Preston when he had them playing out of their skins! I also think that Owen Coyle could produce a Villa team that would be well worth watching, and I'm fairly sure that Paul Lambert would be effective as a Prem manager.

However my first choice given a swift and full recover by GH would be to sit back and watch Gerard implement his "summer of change." He's done a lot of the painful preparation for this already, and he's taken a hell of a lot of flak for both his own mistakes and also situations which arose from our previous incumbent.

I would love to see a fully fit Houllier having got rid of the naysayers and dead weight, starting next season with his own football philosophy firmly in place and 24 fully fit and focussed players ready to die for the Villa cause.

This. Excellent post.

Spot on for me.

Not disrespectful Stevo but any thread of that nature is usually locked... "we don't allow pure speculation threads".

Luckily for this thread, a couple of mods are more than happy to discuss Houllier's replacement, despite breaking their own precious rules.

IMO, of course :lol:

Sarcastic criticism is a sure fire way to get on their good side though.

Well done :thumb:

I try my best :winkold:

On Owen Coyle, he got his tactics dreadfully wrong against us at the Reebok this season, and he didnt attempt to change it all game. They played way to high a line and we should have smashed them.

dont forget his dreadful tactics on sunday vs Stoke. Promising manager but still a lot to learn

Ha, actually, no, please read the first line in my post... there is a reason why I don't post as much on here anymore.
You've made 30 odd posts on the site since the thread opened. So if there is a reason, feel free to share.

Wow 30 posts.. compare it to how many times I used to post previously.. it's this little thing called a busier job