Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

The future of Ashley Young.

The future of Stewart Downing.

The future of our current crop of youngsters.

We're at the end of the 5 year plan, where do we go next? Stand still or push on?

Making sure we have a tight wage bill.

No trophy for nearly 15 years, if we have another MON who comes close but gets nothing, by the end of the next 5 year cycle we will be 20 years with no trophy.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The next Villa manager should be British.

Who agrees with me?

I certainly don't. I don't think it matters what nationality the next Villa manager is. All I care about is how good a job he does. Why should the next Villa manager be British?

Who agrees with me?

I certainly don't. I don't think it matters what nationality the next Villa manager is. All I care about is how good a job he does. Why should the next Villa manager be British?

I don't think that foreign managers should be banned or anything but I do think that British managers should be given preference over foreign managers since this is England afterall...

Also, the more British managers employed in the Premier League, the better it will be for the England job in the future in regards to appointing an English manager and not having to look abroad...

Who agrees with me?

I don't think that foreign managers should be banned or anything but I do think that British managers should be given preference over foreign managers since this is England afterall...

Also, the more British managers employed in the Premier League, the better it will be for the England job in the future in regards to appointing an English manager and not having to look abroad...

Surely Villa comes before the national team?

Who agrees with me?

Surely Villa comes before the national team?

Yes, but foreign =/= better manager

I'm sure British managers could do just as good a job as foreign managers - and if that's the case then I'd rather we had a British manager.

Who agrees with me?

Scottish

Italian

French

Italian

BRITISH

BRITISH

BRITISH

BRITISH

BRITISH

BRITISH

French

BRITISH

BRITISH

BRITISH

BRITISH

BRITISH

BRITISH

Spanish

Irish

Israeli

I'm not bothered what nationality the next manager is, and I think there are a couple of British managers in that list that could do a job in the top 4. Whether they are available to manage a club that can realistically make it into that elite group is the question. You have to displace one of the non-British managers that is doing that job already.

Pick a manager for their nationality? Nick Griffin country.

Haha - I love how in that list you have got Scotish at the top then British. Last time i checked Scotland was part of Britain. Unless u mean English instead of British.... Just a thought.

If our next manager comes from is Libyan and called Gaffer Gaddaffi and he gets us Europe i wouldnt give a ****.

"Gaffer Gaddaffi's claret and blue army" kinda rolls off the tongue, sign him up.

New manager will hopefully be in place by late May/early June at the latest. I'd say there is already a short-list of 4 or 5 with wheels already in motion.

That based on hope (aka your negativity) or based on what you've heard about GH going upstairs as DoF?

Mark, would you take Moyes as the manager?

New manager will hopefully be in place by late May/early June at the latest. I'd say there is already a short-list of 4 or 5 with wheels already in motion.

That based on hope (aka your negativity) or based on what you've heard about GH going upstairs as DoF?

Mark, would you take Moyes as the manager?

I don't think he is wrong tbh.

There is only one man who can even give us a flicker of an idea...

Some say that he once ate an aeroplane, and that Aston Villa FC is tattooed on his buttocks - all we know is, he's called the MysteryMan!.....