Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

Really excited about the managers that will be available come the summer and who we can attract providing of course we stay up which is looking unlikely under the clown we currently have leading us. Defeat against Everton and I'm hopeful he'll be gone anyway. If not we'll have to hope we can stay up despite Houllier.

He is now just by his very presence a negative influence on players and fans.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fran, as Zatman said.. Shearer is remembered for taking down Newcastle, as is Dowie for Hull.

Just like no-one remembers the shots that Heskey/ Downing missed off the line/ hit the post/crossbar this year, they'll just remember Houllier being the manager that made us lose.

Because of that, I doubt that a manager will be happy to come in just to TRY and keep us up.

If the players don't react kindly to a new managers methods or tactics (purposely or not) then it'll dent that managers reputation when they're known as the manager that took us down for our first time in 20-odd years.

Fran, as Zatman said.. Shearer is remembered for taking down Newcastle, as is Dowie for Hull.

Just like no-one remembers the shots that Heskey/ Downing missed off the line/ hit the post/crossbar this year, they'll just remember Houllier being the manager that made us lose.

Because of that, I doubt that a manager will be happy to come in just to TRY and keep us up.

If the players don't react kindly to a new managers methods or tactics (purposely or not) then it'll dent that managers reputation when they're known as the manager that took us down for our first time in 20-odd years.

I think a manager like Fat Sam would take one look at the squad we have and say he can keep us up. The only reason i'd want him as manager is because i think he could get the best out of the squad we have. Been honest, i don't really class the above as the managers that took them teams down, i think the damage was long done before they got the them clubs. Its the very same as us right now with Foullier really.

And it doesn't even enhance his reputation if he keeps us up, as we'd be getting rid of him regardless. That doesn't look good to other clubs looking to hire him. He'd get himself a rep as a manager who can save teams in trouble and nothing else, and that would be the death knell of his career in the long term. It's a no win situation for a manager like him.

So to everyone creaming themselves over getting Moyes. Do you think we'd let him get away with his annual not winning a game until January before hounding him out with protests, facebook groups, hate campaigns etc. so he'd never get a chance to go on his winning run to end up 5th?

So to everyone creaming themselves over getting Moyes. Do you think we'd let him get away with his annual not winning a game until January before hounding him out with protests, facebook groups, hate campaigns etc. so he'd never get a chance to go on his winning run to end up 5th?

There will always be a small minority whom will prefer another name. But Moyes does have an eye for a player, and with the extra financial musscle he would have here, im confident that wont happen.

So we get in another manager...

Makoun and Bent arent happy with this managers techniques. Also, the same players who have a problem with Houllier have a problem with the new manager. What we going to do then? Sack him straight away?

How about we just ask the players who they want to play for and get that manager in? :lol:

Makoun and Bent arent happy with this managers techniques. Also, the same players who have a problem with Houllier have a problem with the new manager. What we going to do then? Sack him straight away?

How about we just ask the players who they want to play for and get that manager in? :lol:

Now your depressing me :lol:

I've been saying this for a long time.

Problem is half of them would more than likely say MON. Which is part of the problem really. They're his players, and want to work in the way which he did... and that needs to change.

why do we need a manager that has already managed in the premier league? all the great managers...fergie...wenger...moyes...ancillotti...mourinho etc, were all first timers when they had success

Im starting a Joachim Loew cult, sacrificing a pig on thursday, then making sausages in a bid to lure the guy here

xx

Maybe not. The new manager might not be as much of an irritating, underperforming, clueless old fool as Houllier.

Maybe not. The new manager might not be as much of an irritating, underperforming, clueless old fool as Houllier.

the new manger will still have overated, irritating, overpaid, underperforming, clueless players!