Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

I would like to see Michael Laudrup take the job on, he has had some success in his short managerial career, plays attractive football and is a well respected name.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see Michael Laudrup take the job on, he has had some success in his short managerial career, plays attractive football and is a well respected name.

31% win rate at Getafe, 28% at Spartak (which is **** shocking!) and 40% now at Mallorca (only played 5 games).

He's no good at managing.

Laudrup would be good but dont think he would come. Often has talks break down with bigger clubs (which I can only presume is to do with money). He was 1st choice for Athletic Madrid before Flores but talks broke down and h instead took over of Mallorca. And is very much a Journeyman in management, only seems to sign 1 or 2 year deals and tries to get clauses put in whereby he can leave if a Spanish Club come in for him.

Good attacking football and good with youth though if we could tie him down to a longer contract and he cared more about the success than the money.

31% win rate at Getafe, 28% at Spartak (which is **** shocking!) and 40% now at Mallorca (only played 5 games).

Ouch, didnt know that. No thanks

Yes but only had 14 games at Spartak and 38 games at a getafe side which is not exactly a main stream spanish side but still managed to get to the final of the copa del ray and the q/f of the uefa cup.

But you fail to mention he had a 57.58% win rate at brondby and won the double

(I obviously got this information from Wiki as opposed to off the top of my head)

Whoever it is, Get martin laursen in as assistant!!

I could Laursen coming in as first team coach - with Foullier in some higher role.

I don't foullier to stay at any cost - but should the board be determined this might be the least they could get away with.

We need a modern day Manager who knows the Premier League ( Providing we stay up) Moyes,Coyle or Jol would be the best bets imo.

That's great but Moyes and Coyle are highly unlikely to come here either now or in the summer. Martin Jol would be more than a gamble for me.

If we stay up Lambert or McClaren for me.

We need a modern day Manager who knows the Premier League ( Providing we stay up) Moyes,Coyle or Jol would be the best bets imo.

That's great but Moyes and Coyle are highly unlikely to come here either now or in the summer. Martin Jol would be more than a gamble for me.

Why do you believe that Moyes and Coyle would be unlikely?

I know Moyes has a long association with Everton and that he might not consider us much of a step up, but he's known to be looking for a change and the budgetary constraints here are quite so restrictive.

I know Coyle has an attachment to Bolton and is enjoying his work there, but he'd surely recognise this as an opportunity to prove himself at a bigger club?

Whoever it is, Get martin laursen in as assistant!!

I could Laursen coming in as first team coach - with Houllier in some higher role.

I don't Houllier to stay at any cost - but should the board be determined this might be the least they could get away with.

i really dont see why, he has no experience as a coach.

Laudrup would be good but dont think he would come. Often has talks break down with bigger clubs (which I can only presume is to do with money). He was 1st choice for Athletic Madrid before Flores but talks broke down and h instead took over of Mallorca. And is very much a Journeyman in management, only seems to sign 1 or 2 year deals and tries to get clauses put in whereby he can leave if a Spanish Club come in for him.

lexi just said laudrups record so no thanks, another houllier..

I still think Gh will be here next year in some capacity as RL has great faith in him as he gave him the money in January for Bent and i think he was brought in to build for the future unlike the short term manager we had before.

Assuming Moyes has had enough of being given 2 bob and Ginsters pasty to play with at Everton, where else would he go?

Man Utd? Fergie's not going anywhere, and when he does it'll likely be Mourinho who replaces him. Even if Moyes did have his eyes on that job, his CV would look better if he'd achieved some success and possibly won some trophies with another club.

Chelsea? Nope.

Arsenal? No.

Citeh? No.

Spurs? No.

Liverpool? Looks like Kenny will be getting that job, and I doubt he'd want to cross Stanley Park.

I'd argue that we're the most attractive club in the league to manage after this lot. We just need to make sure we stay in the league.

Assuming Moyes has had enough of being given 2 bob and Ginsters pasty to play with at Everton, where else would he go?

Man Utd? Fergie's not going anywhere, and when he does it'll likely be Mourinho who replaces him. Even if Moyes did have his eyes on that job, his CV would look better if he'd achieved some success and possibly won some trophies with another club.

Chelsea? Nope.

Arsenal? No.

Citeh? No.

Spurs? No.

Liverpool? Looks like Kenny will be getting that job, and I doubt he'd want to cross Stanley Park.

I'd argue that we're the most attractive club in the league to manage after this lot. We just need to make sure we stay in the league.

I wouldnt discount citeh, although unlikely but I can see him going to spurs quite easily. Other than that you're assuming he would want to come to Villa. I'd like him here too but I just cant see it.