Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

Doesnt play thug football but he plays similar football to MOn adn think we need to get away from that

I think that's along the lines on what Hou has tried to do and it hasn't worked out. I think we might need to go back to MON's ideals and go from there.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love Moyes. I think he has been decent in the transfer market and his players want to play for him. They believe in him. They had a pretty poor run but their fans and players weren't on his back like what has happened to GH. I would love to see Dunne and Collins get pissed and kick off with Moyes, I reckon he could knock them both out with just a stare. I really wanted things to work out with GH, but if we do stay up it will be because of the quality of players we have, not because of his management. I say in the summer we do everything possible to bring in Moyes.

Moyes has done an excellent job given what he has spent. Without looking at his league finishes I am pretty sure he has had a 4th, couple of 5ths, and then a number of top 10 finishes with one season of struggle. Based on what they have spent I'd guess that they should be looking at finishing around 8th - 10th most seasons so he has over achieved a number of times.

i'm not convinced. he's very inconsistent.

7th

17th next season

4th

11th next season

5th

8th next season

Ive been on the everton forum a bit this week... and i tell you what.. They are convinced Everton are better off financially than us so they see no reason why he would come :lol:

most thinking we are on the demise and cant control our spending habits and are worse off financially than everton.

I think Randy will sack him. His costed him nearly as much money as MON did. I mean 10m + is already lost from not reaching 6th place, 30m was splashed out in the Jan window which has no difference whatsoever and the majority of fans don't want him around any more which could lower the attendence if he is to have another season.

As highlighted above the real issue will be the massive drop in ST sales.....that will see him off.....unfortunately ticket prices will be cheaper in any case....in the Championship!
Prices may be cheaper but there's more games

Houllier is here for the season IMO, I cannot see him being removed now before the end of the season regardless of what happens to us as a club.

If we got Moyes, I'd hope that he could bring an Everton player or two with him!

I'd love to see Baines here, but he's supposedly turned down bigger clubs for them so he'd probably stick around. As has Arteta.

I'd go for Fellaini, if we could get him for a cut-price. If not I wouldn't mind Jagielka.

Some of the stuff on here reminds me of the time people wanted regory out as his football was crap - we ended up with GT2 and DOL. Now MONS gone as some thought his football was crap so we have GH........ I would love football that was effective if not that thrilling as I just can't hack this flirting with relegation.

But I suppose the few players we have left from the youth set up will do a great job in the Npower Champ whilst there are millions in the bank from player sales (Bent, Ash, Downing, Gabby, Collins, Dunne, LYoung, Petrov, Warnock = £60m and Randy gets his money back)

Many Everton players do... but i can assume it has more to do with Moyes than the club, you dont see player loyalty to a club much anymore but it appears to happen a lot at Everton with players that could/should be leaving to better their career staying put.

It would be interesting who their replacement would be if they were to lose Moyes, they dont invest much into their club so i assume they would be the ones to take a punt on somebody like Paul Lambert

Some of the stuff on here reminds me of the time people wanted regory out as his football was crap - we ended up with GT2 and DOL. Now MONS gone as some thought his football was crap so we have GH........ I would love football that was effective if not that thrilling as I just can't hack this flirting with relegation.

But I suppose the few players we have left from the youth set up will do a great job in the Npower Champ whilst there are millions in the bank from player sales (Bent, Ash, Downing, Gabby, Collins, Dunne, LYoung, Petrov, Warnock = £60m and Randy gets his money back)

Dont see £60m there im afraid, player values will drop considerably in the Championship. Bent supposedly has a £7m buyout if we get relegated.