Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Aston-Villa-s-Gerard-Houllier-has-been-offered-an-escape-route-by-the-France-Football-Federation-with-Sam-Allardyce-and-Rafa-Benitez-heading-list-of-potential-replacements-article717457.html

Gerard Houllier is being offered an escape route out of Villa Park this summer – leading to his native France.

And Aston Villa are already lining up potential replacements with out-of-work duo Sam Allardyce and Rafa Benitez believed to be at the top of their list.

People Sport understands Houllier has been told a job is waiting for him at the France Football Federation, possibly even the role of technical director he left in September, if he walks away from – or is pushed out of the West Midlands club.

Just could be paper talk

This is bollocks.

Some stupid thick reporter reading Villa Talk (shock).

Laugh boyz, just laugh :lol:

Benitez is a good manager but he could easily 'do a Houllier', try to be too ideological and not pragmatic enough, and get it all wrong. Would be a risky appointment.

Allardyce is just a hoof merchant, I'd almost rather we went down.

All about David Moyes really, but if we couldn't get him I think I would rather have Jol, Hughes or Lambert ahead of these two.

Benitez is a good manager but he could easily 'do a Houllier', try to be too ideological and not pragmatic enough, and get it all wrong. Would be a risky appointment.

Allardyce is just a hoof merchant, I'd almost rather we went down.

All about David Moyes really, but if we couldn't get him I think I would rather have Jol, Hughes or Lambert ahead of these two.

Allardyce will have the everybody rebelling. The guy can cause an argument in a nunnary.

Nothing against yam-yams here, but the guy has got the tact of rabid bull elephant :lol:

Not convinced by his transfer record. Dont get me wrong, hes done very well with his disgustingly small budget and have mucho respect for the guy. I think Fellaini is a great buy for them but then he also goes and drops money on Bilylaetdinov. Very patchy at transfers but a half decent manager.

If he could bring Baines and one or two of Rodwell, Fellaini and Arteta or even Cahill on a small contract, I'd be rather happy.

No to them both. If we were going to get Big Sam it should have been on a 'Till the End of the Season' contract after the Sunderland game, give him some hope of staying on and then getting rid, fed up of us taking the moral high ground so often... its nice, but we get **** over too much. He'd have been our best chance of staying up and sorting the defence out. Calls of 'revolving door' etc etc... but i would never have taken him long term.

Rafa turned a champions league winning squad into a midtable one during his tenure. A nice manager who always has the players and fans on side at Liverpool... but buying some of the dross he did when a CL winning team should be able to attract the top players was poor... would I really want him backed in the transfer market? No.

As bad a link as it is it's no worse than The Mirror :P.

Goal.com reporting Spurs are lining up David Moyes as the board is worried Harry Redknapp will be installed as England manager within a few months.

I honestly we'll win vs Everton/Newcastle (think we'll win one, lose one - maybe get a draw) then 3 points vs 2 of Wigan, West Brom, Stoke, West Ham. think we'll get 11 points from these games (now im in a good mood) which should be enough to keep us up. We have to be safe by the end of these games though cause I can only see two losses vs Le Arse and Liverpool (maybe scrape a draw vs Liverpool if we REALLY **** have to).

Yeah those last 2 matches are not ideal. Both Arsenal and Liverpool could have something to play for still so we have to have ourselves safe before then. I fancy we can get a draw at Everton and we have to beat Newcastle. Really we should be winning all those games up to the Arsenal match but we obviously won't.

If we were going to get Big Sam it should have been on a 'Till the End of the Season' contract after the Sunderland game, give him some hope of staying on and then getting rid, fed up of us taking the moral high ground so often... its nice, but we get **** over too much. He'd have been our best chance of staying up and sorting the defence out. Calls of 'revolving door' etc etc... but i would never have taken him long term.

It defies belief that people still mention this as any kind of possibility. This kind of appointment just doesn't happen, and any club who tried it would be rightly derided in the media. Not being nicey nicey is one thing, but employing a guy on a full time contract with the plan of getting rid of him after 8 games is a pretty nasty and ridiculous thing to do. Sacking a guy on a long term contract after 8 games after he kept you up would also have legal ramifications, I would imagine. Cloud cuckoo land. Never ever going to happen. Can we please stop mentioning it as any kind of possible scenario now?

If we were going to get Big Sam it should have been on a 'Till the End of the Season' contract after the Sunderland game, give him some hope of staying on and then getting rid, fed up of us taking the moral high ground so often... its nice, but we get **** over too much. He'd have been our best chance of staying up and sorting the defence out. Calls of 'revolving door' etc etc... but i would never have taken him long term.

It defies belief that people still mention this as any kind of possibility. This kind of appointment just doesn't happen, and any club who tried it would be rightly derided in the media. Not being nicey nicey is one thing, but employing a guy on a full time contract with the plan of getting rid of him after 8 games is a pretty nasty and ridiculous thing to do. Sacking a guy on a long term contract after 8 games after he kept you up would also have legal ramifications, I would imagine. Cloud cuckoo land. Never ever going to happen. Can we please stop mentioning it as any kind of possible scenario now?

I agree, however I said after the Sunderland game, giving him half a season.