Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

There isn't even a remote chance that Mourinho will ever come here. He's currently managing one of the biggest clubs in the world and the only job he'll take in England is Man Utd or Chelsea if Abramovich ever leaves.

When has he ever mentioned that he would like to manage a club like Spurs or Everton?

i think it last summer when he said he plans on coming back to manage in England. There were quotes saying that he'd like to manage a club on the rise like "a Tottenham or Everton". i've had a quick look on google news, but couldn't find any article about it, but i definitely read that at the time.

Roman isn't leaving Chelsea, and so it'll probably be one of the Manchester clubs.

also, there is a very high chance he'll leave Real Madrid either this summer or next.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More of a chance having Muammar Gaddafi as our next manager than Mourinho.

Well, he's more coherent than Gordon Strachan. But seriously, do people talking about Mourinho actually live on planet earth?

Course they do, do you not know that were a massive club with the pick of any manager or player in the world!!

But seriously, do people talking about Mourinho actually live on planet earth?

well yes, nobody has said its even remotely likely, just that there might be a tiny chance if a lot of certain things fell into place at exactly the right time.

Sorry he's already drunk in last chance saloon for me, I think he should go. If he can't motivate his players, can't get his tactics working, the writing should be on the wall...

Hang on a minute

Are you willing to carry on supporting players who seem to pick and choose when they can be arsed? But yet you seem to want to shoot the manger down?

Yes.

I dont understand that logic then

He was given the task of making a group of players perform to their potential, they're not. He is ultimately responsible.

well yes, nobody has said its even remotely likely, just that there might be a tiny chance if a lot of certain things fell into place at exactly the right time.

which equates to 'no chance'

er, no it doesn't.

it equals a slim chance.

If Mourinho does leave Real Madrid this summer & does want to come to England (both realistic possible scenarios), then we would be one of the favourites to get him for the reasons already stated earlier in the thread (Ferguson, Abramovich, Wenger, etc).

er, no it doesn't.

it equals a slim chance.

If Mourinho does leave Real Madrid this summer & does want to come to England (both realistic possible scenarios), then we would be one of the favourites to get him for the reasons already stated earlier in the thread (Ferguson, Abramovich, Wenger, etc).

Man City??

Tottenham??

Liverpool??

Thats even after your somewhat ridiculouse reasons regarding Wenger (whos under a lot of pressure atm) and Ferguson (I really dont think Mourinho has a need to avoid failure attitude).

No chance!!!

Maybe Randy's plan is to let Houllier build a squad & improve the youth over the next two seasons, then when Mourinho's had enough of Real, get him in with a bumper pay package?

He'll have a decent squad to work with, decent youngsters to use and can be given another £50m by Lerner to add a few of his own choices?

:winkold:

I think I've found out why Randy is reluctant to let Houllier go! It'd be a bad move to have 3 managers in 3 seasons!!

Man City??

Tottenham??

Liverpool??

Thats even after your somewhat ridiculouse reasons regarding Wenger (whos under a lot of pressure atm) and Ferguson (I really dont think Mourinho has a need to avoid failure attitude).

No chance!!!

Man City - yes, they would be favourite.

Liverpool - Mourinho has said he would never go to Liverpool "for his own reasons" (he didn't give the reason).

Man Utd - Ferguson has no plans to quit this summer as far as anyone is aware.

Spurs - would be possible, as he has mentioned them before. But i don't think Redknapp will get the England job this summer, i think he will get that job next summer.

Arsenal - i don't see the Arsenal board sacking Wenger this summer.

so in summary, if Mourinho was to come to England this summer, the only teams i could see him coming to are:

Man City (favourite)

Spurs (only if Capello gets sacked in the next 4 months)

Everton - only if Moyes quits & they get new richer owners

Villa - vacant managers position, and Randy willing to back manager.

Man City??

Tottenham??

Liverpool??

No chance!!!

Man City - yes, they would be favourite.

Liverpool - Mourinho has said he would never go to Liverpool "for his own reasons" (he didn't give the reason).

Man Utd - Ferguson has no plans to quit this summer as far as anyone is aware.

Spurs - would be possible, as he has mentioned them before. But i don't think Redknapp will get the England job this summer, i think he will get that job next summer.

Arsenal - i don't see the Arsenal board sacking Wenger this summer.

so in summary, if Mourinho was to come to England this summer, the only teams i could see him coming to are:

Man City (favourite)

Spurs (only if Capello gets sacked in the next 4 months)

Everton - only if Moyes quits & they get new richer owners

Villa - vacant managers position, and Randy willing to back manager.

everything you say takes me to my original equation - no chance!!

everything you say takes me to my original equation - no chance!!

i think we'll have to agree to disagree.... though we are almost agreeing. :)

you're saying a 0.00000% chance.

i'm saying a 0.01% chance. (ie: 1/10,000)

If we're looking for a big name then someone along the lines of Hiddink would be possible, Mourinho unfortunately, is not in our reach. If we were based in London we might have a chance but that's a non starter unfortunately.

Wouldnt be a problem he could get a lift in with Pires and watch DVD's.

You think the only clubs Jose Mourinho can mange are Citeh, Spurs, Everton and Villa? Your off your **** rocker.

We have no chance at Mourinho, he will likely still be at Real Madrid next season, you dont leave Madrid for **** Everton or Villa.

I can only presume his reasons for not wanting to go to Liverpool would be he has his mind set on returning to English football as manager of Manchester United. I presume when he said this Man City was not a 'big' club. Not many other reasons to say no to Liverpool unless you want to go to Manc.

Let people cling to a hope of Mourinho, no point in flaming them, we know it wont happen but its a nice thought :D... but saying Mourinho will likely be between one of those four clubs is silly.

If we're looking for a big name then someone along the lines of Hiddink would be possible, Mourinho unfortunately, is not in our reach. If we were based in London we might have a chance but that's a non starter unfortunately.

Wouldnt be a problem he could get a lift in with Pires and wat ch DVD's.

Touche

going back to Moyes for a minute....

i'd be worried why his Everton team is always so rubbish for the first half of the season???

its like MON in reverse!

They only seem to do well when they have a metric fucktonne of injuries to their best players... and they always get a horrid injury crisis in the second half of the season... One thing we were lucky with was Injuries under MON.. I can only think part of Moyes' training schedule creates so many injuries.

Although it would be a good chant for him!

'Are you Quitter in reverse?'