Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moyes has been linked with so many clubs over the years but never left Everton. I think his time at Everton is done. He has accomplished a lot and now Everton are wavering. If we stay up, then we could give a strong case for acquiring Moyes and if we got him, I'd be so happy with Lerner.

Yes, please. Knowing our luck as Villa fans it never works out, does it lads?

But Christ, please..:D :D give the man a bit of money and he will work wonders with this squad. There is never a time more than right now to bring in Moyes.

The Villa board will not deal with Rafa and his ego.

Do you have inside information, or something?

No, none at all. But I could almost certainly promise you that we will never see Rafa. Just look at his short stint at Inter. He managed to do absolutely nothing with suc ha talented squad and oversaw the drop of Liverpool from a top 4 to a mid table side. Add in his personality, and it does not add up to something Randy and the rest of the board would be willing to deal with.

"major developments at Aston Villa".

Are we building a new stand? :winkold:

I think Moyes will move to Manchester United when he does leave Everton and I don't want a manager in Rafa who is with us but would prefer to still be at Liverpool. :winkold: The special one it is then... :lol:

Someone should really approach Mourinho and say "We know you're the best and have a glowing reputation. Come to Villa for a couple of years and gets us Champions League football and your reputation will get even better. Seriously Jose, people laugh at you behind your back because you have only gotten success with the biggest teams. Prove them wrong. Also here's £10 million and Warnock and Beye will be your slaves for the duration of your stay with us"

One can dream. :)

:lol::lol:

Are they guessing like last time we would only be looking at managers who are not currently employed by a football club? If so, that would cut down on the options once again and leave us as possibly the only football club taking that moral high ground.

I was in this argument earlier on today. Give the man some credit. It is the same with people thinking Allardyce would come in for 8 games and then **** off in the summer.

Although, the same papers are saying Moyes is being lined up...

This would be a dream come true. We should have gone balls out and got him 1st time around though. I certain we wouldn't be in the shit we are in now if we had.

I read somewhere can't remember where that we asked if we could talk to him and his club said no.

I'm sure for managers too you need the clubs permisson as they're under contract.

Once the club says no, what can you do?

According to twitter Houllier banned players from talking in training but that sounds like BS.

It is BS, Mantis. Ian Taylor was actually laughing at the suggestion. I may not like Houllier, but some real rocket polishers out there despise us to make that crap up.

This would be a dream come true. We should have gone balls out and got him 1st time around though. I certain we wouldn't be in the shit we are in now if we had.

I read somewhere can't remember where that we asked if we could talk to him and his club said no.

I'm sure for managers too you need the clubs permisson as they're under contract.

Once the club says no, what can you do?

Like everything else you throw them a wad of cash.

Rafa would be meh. Could be decent, could be poor. Nice guy though I think.

Allerdyce, of course you'd never stop supporting Villa but I'd certainly lose something, just can't stand him.

I agree.

Moyes it is then lads? :lol:

Moyes would turf out those players that are sitting about on their fat arses picking up a salary, courtesy of the fans.