Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

Moyes is just the man we need

Has fight determination and the spirit to drive both the fans and the team onto success has alot of steel as well if we could bring his assistant here was well Round or w/e his name is would be good

Doubt we would get him though

He does seem entrenched at Everton, i will definately give you that. However, when Houllier is removed at the end of the season and we hopefully survive, i cant think of to many clubs as attractive as us, unless he was to move abroad.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moyes does seem to have this worrying trend of starting the season slowly?

However any money he has had to spend has been generated by selling players and he does seem to manage that side of the team well. Would he come to us? well if you don't ask?

Hes had some bad luck with injuries to key players over the last couple of seasons, and they have not got the strongest squad depth wise, so i think we can excuse him that.

Remember that Fellaini cost about £15m. To say he's never been able to strengthen his squad is not correct. He's spent less overall than us, and maybe Sunderland of the chasing pack, but he has had money to spend.

Indeed he has, and hes spent it quite astutely.

How much are some of those players worth now, and how many would walk into our side?

With the backing of Randy, i think he would take us pretty close.

However any money he has had to spend has been generated by selling players and he does seem to manage that side of the team well. Would he come to us? well if you don't ask?

Hes had some bad luck with injuries to key players over the last couple of seasons, and they have not got the strongest squad depth wise, so i think we can excuse him that.

except this season when he had his full squad fit & available at the start of the season with no injuries whatsoever. and yet somehow had his slowest start in 3 seasons. the other 2 seasons he had awful injuries though, so i'm not sure why this season was so bad.

except this season when he had his full squad fit & available at the start of the season with no injuries whatsoever. and yet somehow had his slowest start in 3 seasons. the other 2 seasons he had awful injuries though, so i'm not sure why this season was so bad.

Pot luck i guess :lol:

Maybe all the rumours during the summer about Moyes being off, unsteadied the ship?

Hell, look at us! :lol:

He does seem entrenched at Everton, i will definately give you that. However, when Houllier is removed at the end of the season and we hopefully survive, i cant think of to many clubs as attractive as us, unless he was to move abroad.

Thats how I see it. Moyes is one of those managers who has always seemed to have been there. He has'nt, obviously, but it feels that way and he has the knack of being fairly inconspicuous and yet succesful. I would imagine any move would be difficult for him to make, on a personal level.

My hope would be that Everton see this season as the time to make changes and then we 'might' tempt him down to VP.

Moyes obviously has his talents , remember how we Villa fans were up in arms when we were linked with Leighton Baines a few years back ..but spending £15m on Fellaini , not to mention close on £10m for Bilyaletdinov whilst claiming the poverty line shows there is a touch of hype about him ( not to mention misjudgement)

but that aside his breed of thug football isn't for me

lets be honest the alternatives being banded about are hardly inspiring .. not one winner amongst them so I'd stay with Houllier , let him get shot of Dunne , Collins ,Petrov and Brad and build the spine of HIS team ..

I think the football that he plays is far superior to our own brand, even when we've beaten them, they've usually been the better team by virtue of posession and passing.

However, his players are known to have a bit of a liking for the odd stray elbow or two.

Moyes is just the man we need

Has fight determination and the spirit to drive both the fans and the team onto success has alot of steel as well if we could bring his assistant here was well Round or w/e his name is would be good

Doubt we would get him though

He is referred to as "Dithering Dave" by Evertonians up here

when you line up with Cahill and Fellini there can only really be one conclusion on the style of football that will be on offer ??

Oh the players get stuck in, and sometimes unfairly, but the brand of football they play actually isn't bad. More MON than Houllier, but not so one-dimensional.

Moyes has done an excellent job given what he has spent. Without looking at his league finishes I am pretty sure he has had a 4th, couple of 5ths, and then a number of top 10 finishes with one season of struggle. Based on what they have spent I'd guess that they should be looking at finishing around 8th - 10th most seasons so he has over achieved a number of times.

He'd suit us down to the ground. He'd get us and see us for what a great club we are. He would certainly get the backing of the majority of the fans and would relish working with what is still a very good squad of players. At the very least he would more often that get the lads to give 100% something which the clown we now have as continually failed to do.

I'm looking forward to the summer and appointing a new manager from what will be a good selection to choose from. Exciting times. It is however imperative we stay up and we'll have to do that despite Houllier.

I'm looking forward to the summer and appointing a new manager from what will be a good selection to choose from.

so you think we will go down as that is only way we will get a new manager