Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or he might get them performing.

Thinking of standard of football that is sustainable and can result in consistent success - have they ever really performed??

They're underperforming. A new manager might change that.

yeah but he might not!

The only way to guarantee it is through the players themselves

Thinking of standard of football that is sustainable and can result in consistent success - have they ever really performed??

yeah but he might not!

Unless the problem is actually the manager...

yeah but he might not!

Never had a problem with your boss? Work Colleagues?? - Ive never NOT tbh. Always looked to do my best no matter what - until i found Villa talk. :D

yeah but he might not!

Never had a problem with your boss? Work Colleagues?? - Ive never NOT tbh. Always looked to do my best no matter what - until i found Villa talk. :D

ha ha, well I've worked with some rubbish ones. I'm not defending Dumb and Collins or any other player not giving 100%. But ultimately Houllier's overall performance has fallen way short.

yeah but he might not!

ha ha, well I've worked with some rubbish ones. I'm not defending Dumb and Collins or any other player not giving 100%. But ultimately Houllier's overall performance has fallen way short.

Absolutely, but hes not the only one!! And if were prepared to cut some slack off the players in order to try and give them a better chance, then maybe we should do the same for Houllier??? - (not aimed at you by any means)

There is one name i can think off.

Its unlikely that we can get him, but...

- he's an amazing manager

- he wants to return to manage in England again

- he doesn't want to manage Liverpool

- i don't think he'd like to be always compared to Ferguson at Man Utd

- he wouldn't go to Chelsea

- Arsenal will stick with Arsene forever

- He has mentioned he'd like to manage a club like Spurs, Everton, etc. i believe we are on a par with those clubs (present situation excepting).

- he changes clubs a lot, i think he'd like to create a legacy at the next club he manages.

- he has a large ego, and so coming to a club where if he won a few trophies, we would worship him forever and build statues/name stands after him.

- Real Madrid change managers frequently.

The man is MOURINHO.

Randy, go get this man this summer, pay him £6mill/year.

it'll be the best 6mill you'll ever spend.

i know, i know, he's way out of our league.... yet for the reasons stated above, i think he might just fancy the challenge.

Leadership comes from the top though.

If overall performance wasn't dependant on managers -if football players (or indeed anyone in regular work) were autonomous to the point whereby managers were close to irrelevant, the concept would have been done away with a long time ago.

Sorry he's already drunk in last chance saloon for me, I think he should go. If he can't motivate his players, can't get his tactics working, the writing should be on the wall...

Hang on a minute

Are you willing to carry on supporting players who seem to pick and choose when they can be arsed? But yet you seem to want to shoot the manger down?

There isn't even a remote chance that Mourinho will ever come here. He's currently managing one of the biggest clubs in the world and the only job he'll take in England is Man Utd or Chelsea if Abramovich ever leaves.

When has he ever mentioned that he would like to manage a club like Spurs or Everton?

Sorry he's already drunk in last chance saloon for me, I think he should go. If he can't motivate his players, can't get his tactics working, the writing should be on the wall...

Hang on a minute

Are you willing to carry on supporting players who seem to pick and choose when they can be arsed? But yet you seem to want to shoot the manger down?

Yes.

Leadership comes from the top though.

If overall performance wasn't dependant on managers -if football players (or indeed anyone in regular work) were autonomous to the point whereby managers were close to irrelevant, the concept would have been done away with a long time ago.

I dont disagree. ive said many a time, i think hes doing an abysmal job. But no worser job than the players.

Lets just for a minute take the defending from set pieces issue. Should Houllier have a plan of action - it certainly wouldnt hurt. Does he? By the sounds of it - no!! Bad management.

Now, are you going to tell me that the players need that in order to defend them??? Theyre not 12. Its basic. Mark your man or zone, and stop the ball going in the net at all costs. Done!! What more do they need to know. IF HOULLIERS not doing it, someone take **** responsibility. Its not rocket science, and your certainly paid enough

Hang on a minute

Yes.

I dont understand that logic then

More of a chance having Muammar Gaddafi as our next manager than Mourinho.

Well, he's more coherent than Gordon Strachan. But seriously, do people talking about Mourinho actually live on planet earth?