Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think the only clubs Jose Mourinho can mange are Citeh, Spurs, Everton and Villa? Your off your **** rocker.

We have no chance at Mourinho, he will likely still be at Real Madrid next season, you dont leave Madrid for **** Everton or Villa.

I can only presume his reasons for not wanting to go to Liverpool would be he has his mind set on returning to English football as manager of Manchester United. I presume when he said this Man City was not a 'big' club. Not many other reasons to say no to Liverpool unless you want to go to Manc.

Let people cling to a hope of Mourinho, no point in flaming them, we know it wont happen but its a nice thought :D... but saying Mourinho will likely be between one of those four clubs is silly.

you're entered the Mourinho debate at a very late stage.

the discussion was already presuming certain assumptions, the main 2 being that:

1) Mourinho was leaving Real Madrid this summer.

2) Mourinho had decided his next club was going to be in the Premier League.

obviously, we expect him to stay at Real Madrid this summer as the most likely scenario, and even if he did leave, he could choose any team in the world.

but if you take the 2 assumptions, then the rest of the arguements start to make more sense.

what would your list of ENGLISH clubs THIS summer be? Bolton or Blackpool?

anyway, i'm still looking for anm answer to this:

going back to Moyes for a minute....

i'd be worried why his Everton team is always so rubbish for the first half of the season???

its like MON in reverse!

anyway, i'm still looking for anm answer to this:

going back to Moyes for a minute....

i'd be worried why his Everton team is always so rubbish for the first half of the season???

its like MON in reverse!

Makes you wonder why he is so highly rated

I don't understand the calls for Mark Hughes, Fulham they have won less games than us and he had at least some preseason to get them ready. Sure we have a better team on paper but Fulham under RH were not a bad side, under Hughes so far they have been fairly rubbish.

I don't understand the calls for Mark Hughes, Fulham they have won less games than us and he had at least some preseason to get them ready. Sure we have a better team on paper but Fulham under RH were not a bad side, under Hughes so far they have been fairly rubbish.

Yes but he's gettable. Moyes and Coyle arent gettable and they arent coming. Whether Hughes would be worth any sort of compensation I wouldnt like to say but I do think he has a future.

Rafa :cry:

Fat Sam :cry:

Hughes :|

Hang on, what's to say Moyes and Coyle aren't gettable?

I cant see Moyes leaving them for one and they wouldnt let him go either.

The corrie actor is on a sticky wicket there as it is and if Moyes went then that would be the end for him.

Coyle has already jumped ship to the prem club he played for. Again they wouldnt let him go and I dont think he'd want to leave either.

Nothing's impossible though and Moyes would be the easier to get but Lambert would be a cheaper and better option imo.

And McClaren could be better still.

I can see Moyes leaving this summer. I can also see Everton letting him go for the right compensation. As much as he's done at Goodison, there's a kind of feeling in the air that maybe its time for both to part ways. Moyes probably has ambitions of his own that he won't be able to fulfil at Everton due to the ever tighter budget there. Everton may also feel its time for a fresh face and fresh ideas

I can see Moyes leaving this summer. I can also see Everton letting him go for the right compensation. As much as he's done at Goodison, there's a kind of feeling in the air that maybe its time for both to part ways. Moyes probably has ambitions of his own that he won't be able to fulfil at Everton due to the ever tighter budget there. Everton may also feel its time for a fresh face and fresh ideas

Would you be happy with Moyes?

Would you be happy with Moyes?

I would, he's a motivator, everyone wants to see what he can do with a proper budget! Oh and atleast he doesn't bullshit like a certain someone, if his team plays crap he admits it, that's real management.

I'd rather have Houllier than Moyes. Faux pas aside Houllier is a good manager and any manager would have struggled with the task of separating the wheat from the chaff this season.

Moyes is overrated and he's been extremely fortunate to have patient fans and board at Everton.

Moyes is overrated and he's been extremely fortunate to have patient fans and board at Everton.

And I suppose he's fortunate to have finished in the top half almost every season, including a top 4 finish, despite never being able to strengthen his squad when all around are improving theirs.

I'll have some of that 'fortune' at VP then.

And I suppose he's fortunate to have finished in the top half almost every season, including a top 4 finish, despite never being able to strengthen his squad when all around are improving theirs.

I'll have some of that 'fortune' at VP then.

Remember that Fellaini cost about £15m. To say he's never been able to strengthen his squad is not correct. He's spent less overall than us, and maybe Sunderland of the chasing pack, but he has had money to spend.

I think Moyes would find the Villa job quite appealing. He can't go any further at Everton unless they find new investment from somewhere. The idea of coming to a similar size club but with more money for players is probably quite appealing I think. It's not like he's gonna get a chance at one of the CL clubs anytime soon.

And I reckon he'd be a great manager for Villa for what it's worth.

Moyes does seem to have this worrying trend of starting the season slowly?

However any money he has had to spend has been generated by selling players and he does seem to manage that side of the team well. Would he come to us? well if you don't ask?

Moyes is just the man we need

Has fight determination and the spirit to drive both the fans and the team onto success has alot of steel as well if we could bring his assistant here was well Round or w/e his name is would be good

Doubt we would get him though