Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

Please be Moyes. Would rather Lambert or Rafa than Hughes, I don't get all the love for Hughes, I'd feel underwhelmed. Did quite well at Blackburn, had a good half a season at Fulham, and didn't do all that well with City, seen as he spent a shed load in the time he was there.

Are you merging Hodgson & Hughes into one? Surely the fact you think he was at Liverpool means you cannot make an informed opinion on his suitability?

Wow VillaRoy, you edited that quickly!!!!

Edited it straight away, Liverpool must be playing on my mind right now. Gerard Houllier, Rafa Benitez, Roy Hodgson (Fulham/Liverpool), Stewart Downing & Ashley Young. Can smell Liverpool everywhere right now :lol: .

Hughes could have done a lot better than he did in the year and half at City with the money. 9th and leaving the club the following season having drawed so many games and sitting behind us in the league. He must have spent around £200m in that time. Doubt Hughes could take us as far as MON did, Moyes on the other hand... If only Lambert had premier league experience.

Rafa had a poor season at Liverpool under shocking owners. The previous season he was just a couple of points off the Premier League title. Inter just didn't work out, only given a few months. Still quite a young manager and probably has a lot to offer + a point to prove again. Don't think his appointment would be all so bad.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever they appoint, even if it's someone I'm less than enthusiastic about, and even if they start off with a string of poor results, I WON'T be joining in with any of the foaming-at-the-mouth venom that has been directed at GH on here virtually from Day One.

I agree mjmooney, shocking behaviour imo.

My 2 cents...

A few Plops fans i was talking also kept telling me how good Rafa was.

They would definatly take him back at some stage, say hes fantastic manager that made changes everywhere from youth,scouting etc for the better.

I have to say, he gets a bit of a bashing with the media, and i don't/didn't like him much, but the more i think of it i think he would be a great apointment!

His record speaks for himself, Hes a Winner.

I don't care who manages the club and if he is likable or not, i just want us winning & for that reason i think Rafa more than worth a punt.

allardyce would my first choice, i have always rated him as a manager, i can't understand the opposition of the majority of posters to him getting the job, he is out of work and has done well wherever he's been

if there's even the remotest hope of getting carlo ancelotti then there's no-one else even close as far as i'm concerned. he's won everything as a player and as a manager in club football, would be a major draw for great players to come to us etc.

i just can't see him coming unfortunately

I agree about Ancelotti; I think the proffessionalism he has will fit in with the Aston Villa ethos, and I can see him building some loyalty from the players which will stop this obsession with being picked for England and then thinking they need to move to another club.

allardyce would my first choice, i have always rated him as a manager, i can't understand the opposition of the majority of posters to him getting the job, he is out of work and has done well wherever he's been

Marijuana-Not-Crack-Magnet-C11754995.jpg

Trolling troller is trolling.

No to Allardyce for me simply because he divides opinion so much. We need a manager that the majority of fans will get behind.

Moyes for me. If nothing other than to show the Everton fans that we are an attractive big club with lots of potential and not just a sideways step.

wtf!?!? just NO to fat sam.

you'd seriously prefer fat sam to ancelotti? i mean, seriously??? i'd be ecstatic to get carlo, i'd be totally gutted with sam.

although ancelotti might not be realistic, if we could get jol, he put spurs on the path to getting into the top 4. hughes hasn't proven to be as good as either of them YET, but did great work straight away with a limited wales squad and isn't doing bad at fulham.

no harm in trying for someone like carlo though, he'd be a massive pull for top drawer players...

Although Moyes is definitely my favourite, maybe having a foreign coach will make a refreshing and much needed change? Before Houllier, we've been going british since I can remember. This resulted in over expensive UK based transfers and some dodgy foreign signings.

Foreign managers have failed miserably at Villa.

Marijuana-Not-Crack-Magnet-C11754995.jpg

Please do not associate a fondness of weed with support for Sam Allardyce. The two are not related, I can only imagine those who do want Big Sam have some sort of biopyschological impairment

Do people honestly believe Ancellotti will be our manager? :o

Ill have whatever those that think this are having :lol:

Moyes, Hughes or Martinez for me.

he is a superb manager who's done well at every club he's been at, he gets the best out of players, i will be majorly surprised if we appoint a better manager than him

he is a superb manager who's done well at every club he's been at, he gets the best out of players, i will be majorly surprised if we appoint a better manager than him

Every club except Newcastle and arguably Blackburn.

Do people honestly believe Ancellotti will be our manager? :o

Ill have whatever those that think this are having :lol:

Moyes, Hughes or Martinez for me.

i said it may not be realistic, we shoudl deffo be sounding him out though, he's out of work and wants to work in the uk. the regular CL clubs aren't looking for new management, spuds won't get rid of harry, king kenny is set to reign for the forseeable at anfield, we are potentially the best of the rest. so if he wants to stay in england, that means he accepts he won't just walk into a club in the CL. i'm personally going to pray for carlo.

after that jol, hughes i'd prefer to moyes to be honest...

We've only had 2! :D

More British failures so do we not go for a British manager now?

EDIT: That is aimed at the foreign managers fail miserably at Villa comment.

% of foreign failures - 100%

% of British failures - less than 100%