Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

allardyce would my first choice, i have always rated him as a manager, i can't understand the opposition of the majority of posters to him getting the job, he is out of work and has done well wherever he's been
Trolling troller is trolling.

he is a superb manager who's done well at every club he's been at, he gets the best out of players, i will be majorly surprised if we appoint a better manager than him

I'll indulge you.

He was sacked as assistant manager of WBA.

He was sacked as manager of Blackpool.

He presided over the relegation Notts County.

He was 'sacked' (mutual consent) from Newcastle.

He was sacked from Blackburn.

Overall managerial record: P-731, W-293.

He is not a superb manager

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Foreign managers have failed miserably at Villa.

tried them all have we?

Nope but it's true.

Logic fail anyway - you want us to keep trying with foreign managers until eventually one of them is a success?

:lol:

Do people honestly believe Ancellotti will be our manager? :o

Ill have whatever those that think this are having :lol:

Moyes, Hughes or Martinez for me.

He's said he'd manage west ham, why the hell couldn't we get him?

Are we not as big a draw as west ham?

allardyce would my first choice, i have always rated him as a manager, i can't understand the opposition of the majority of posters to him getting the job, he is out of work and has done well wherever he's been

he is a superb manager who's done well at every club he's been at, he gets the best out of players, i will be majorly surprised if we appoint a better manager than him

Every club except Newcastle and arguably Blackburn.

how did he not do well at blackburn? they were comfortably in mid-table when he left and they only just survived by the skin of their teeth

tried them all have we?

Nope but it's true.

Logic fail anyway - you want us to keep trying with foreign managers until eventually one of them is a success?

um, maybe trying to get the best manager regardless of where he was born might be a start on the road to success?

I'll indulge you.

He was sacked as assistant manager of WBA.

He was sacked as manager of Blackpool.

He presided over the relegation Notts County.

He was 'sacked' (mutual consent) from Newcastle.

He was sacked from Blackburn.

Overall managerial record: P-731, W-293.

He is not a superb manager

When have the facts ever gotten in the way of SGC's opinions?

Although Moyes is definitely my favourite, maybe having a foreign coach will make a refreshing and much needed change? Before Houllier, we've been going british since I can remember. This resulted in over expensive UK based transfers and some dodgy foreign signings.

O'Leary didn't do too bad in his first season.

tried them all have we?

Nope but it's true.

um, maybe trying to get the best manager regardless of where he was born might be a start on the road to success?

Can't have that though can we? We can't have those bloody foreigners coming in here and taking our jobs. Britain for the British!

Although Moyes is definitely my favourite, maybe having a foreign coach will make a refreshing and much needed change? Before Houllier, we've been going british since I can remember. This resulted in over expensive UK based transfers and some dodgy foreign signings.

O'Leary didn't do too bad in his first season.

Clever boy.

Basically as long as we don't get in McClaren, Ericcson, or Alardyce, I'll breath again.

Hughes is seeming more and more appealing HOWEVER I think he has shown the best he can lead a team is to a top 10 finish.

Would love to see Klinnsman, Jol or Rijkaard.

We've only had 2! :D

More British failures so do we not go for a British manager now?

EDIT: That is aimed at the foreign managers fail miserably at Villa comment.

% of foreign failures - 100%

% of British failures - less than 100%

This has no relevance..

Aston Villa is a football club...Its not a good/bad luck club for certain managers and their birth place.

Wenger took over Arsenal, no English managerial experiance and they had a ground in worse shape than VP is now..

Yet you look at Arsenal today..

There are more Wenger type managers out there, you just have to find them..And the Arsenal way, is the ONLY WAY we are ever going to rule Europe again..We cannot compete financially with the top clubs.. So we MUST find a manager than can build, find, unearth, reshape the whole club into his image..This guy must be very knowledgable,Respected,in touch with the modern game and players all over Europe if possible. Hughes and Moyes do not fit into this catorgory. If they did, they would have done it at previous clubs..Its not JUST about money(which both of them seem to need in abundance to find achievement)..

Irish managers do not count under the foreign managers umbrella. Technically he was foreign, but given he played football and managed in britain and English is his first language, DOL isn't foreign to the english game

He's said he'd manage west ham, why the hell couldn't we get him?

This is just getting silly now.

I think you're getting silly. Carlo Ancelotti said he'd manage West Ham. Therefore, by taking those quotes into consideration I think it's a fair bet he'd manage us.

If you want to bring other factors into it, then okay, but based on those quotes alone there is nothing wrong with anyone saying he'd manage us. It'd be a step down from Chelsea, yes, but it would also be a challenge and mean staying in the Premier League. Besides the managers who have achieved almost God-like status i.e Mourinho, Ferguson, Pep et al. I'd say any one of them is gettable - stranger things have happened.

The way you go on I would have thought your real name would be something like Albert Arthur George Windsor, not Tayo Scott-Thompson

Aston Villa have described as 'premature' reports that Gerard Houllier will stand down this week on health grounds.

Assistant manager Gary McAllister finished the campaign in charge of first-team affairs in April after the Frenchman was admitted to hospital.

Reports in the Midlands press have stated the 63-year-old will stand down from his position as Villa manager after medical reports revealed it was too risky for him to return to his high-pressured position.

However, Villa have rejected the growing speculation after stating that any reports that Houllier had stepped down are 'premature'.

The former Liverpool manager is currently one-third of the way through his three-year £8million contract after taking over from caretaker boss Kevin MacDonald in September following Martin O'Neill's shock exit.

More to follow...

I wonder why Ancelotti actually ISN'T managing West Ham, then? :)

Allardyce said he'd manage Real Madrid.

Bill Clinton said he didn't have sex with that woman. Hitler said that the Sudetenland was his last territorial claim in Europe.

Oops, sorry, Godwin's Law, close the thread.

I think you're getting silly. Carlo Ancelotti said he'd manage West Ham. Therefore, by taking those quotes into consideration I think it's a fair bet he'd manage us.

Dunno if you are aware, but 'saying' and 'doing' are actually two totally different things. You honestly think he would go and manage West Ham? Seriously?

If so, u sir are indeed a nutter.