Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

Maldini Paul Mernock

@

@avfcdj what special insight do I need to know? Benitez is one of the 5 best managers in the world. A club your size won't do better

3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Lambert signed a new contract with Norwich last week so regardless of any new offers put to him, he'll be staying put for at least another season.

When choosing a manager there are IMO two ways to go. One is to get a top top manager, who is strongly motivated and wants to make a fist out of it. The other is to take a chance on an up and coming manager like Lambert. If Lambert is unavailable, then I think we need to get a manager that will attract top players.

And the fantastic thing is that we are going to shit so many players, that it is possible to build a whole new team from scratch.

And the fantastic thing is that we are going to shit so many players

That's one of those typos that just kinda works :)

I still think the job is perfectly suited to Martin Jol. He has decent Premier League experience as well as success abroad.

Out of all the names being mentioned I would absolutely hate for Mark Hughes to get the job.

Ok. Gentlemen. What I'm about to say might aggravate you, but I think Rafa might do a good job here.

Well you got one thing right :)

Ok. Gentlemen. What I'm about to say might aggravate you, but I think Rafa could deliver an excellent job.

I'd be more than happy with Rafa...but wouldn't be disappointed with Moyes/Hughes either

Who should be Houllier's successor (when his exit is officially confirmed of course)? Vote on the Birmingham Mail poll

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/aston-villa-fc/aston-villa-news/2011/05/31/aston-villa-who-should-replace-gerard-houllier-97319-28793396/

I voted for Martinez. I think he would do a great job here if we gave him the money. Same goes for Moyes. Either of these two i would be happy. Anybody else on that list i certainlky dont want, including Ancelotti.

I like Martinez.

Just I like him as a manager, his personality and everything about him.

If he got the job, I wouldn't be displeased.

Would prefer Hughes though.