Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope we get it sorted quickly although it's likely to drag on like every other decision the club makes.

1. Ancelotti

2. Moyes

3. Hughes

4. Benitez

would be my order of preference

Hughes for me. Solid job wherever he's gone and some exceptional speelsd with Blackburn and Wales. He has a good record in the transfer market, has CL, International and PL experience and wouldn't cost us any compensation. Would motivatie the team and take no crap from anyone....plus potenial Zamora/Bent partnership. Yes please.

Same here. Also I think he would know that it will be the job that defines his managerial career. I like that in a candidate.

I think that's a good point - and furthermore, I think Hughes would see it as the pivotal role of his managerial career too.

Rijkaard is not working (I thought he left them 2010?)

Pretty sure he left them just before Christmas as he was linked with the Liverpool job before Kenny came back. Would love to see him at VP to be honest - he's had a mixed managerial career but was instrumental in the transformation of Barcelona into the team they are today

Paul Lambert signed a new contract with Norwich last week so regardless of any new offers put to him, he'll be staying put for at least another season.

Ancelotti (with Wilkins hopefully) or Deschamps for me. Highly ambitious but worth a shot. I think Rijkaard would be a big gamble.

Wouldn't be unhappy with the likely top-targets Hughes or Moyes, though.

why not stu? last week he said how much he loves england and that he'd be willing to drop into the championship because the attendances were still so high

Hes not exactly gonna come out and say 'manage another club in England? No, its a shithole' is he?????

Cmon, we all know footballers/managers/agents/ are absolutely full of shit. I will bet my house that hes not managing in England come the start of next season.

Moyes please.

Ancelotti wont be coming here, get yer head out the clouds!!

I think it's quite feasible, given that he has explicitly said that he would like to stay in England and that he would take on a club that is not in Europe if it was the right sort of challenge.

Probably my second preference after Moyes.

All the Rijkaard lovers in here are delusional! Don't want him as a manager.. He's abysmal. I don't want his name ever be mentioned in here again.

Frank Rijkaard, oooooooooooops

Yeah, right - what's he ever won?!!!

Blinkered, ill-informed, puddle of arse-drippings. Took over a struggling Barcelona, reinforced the youth policy with Guardiola's appointment of Barcelona B, won the European Cup and ended R Madrid's dominance of La Liga.

Oh.. Really? And with a powerful side like Barca does make things quite easier to manage if you have world-class players in your squad. Look at Galatasaray now, enough said.

All the Rijkaard lovers in here are delusional! Don't want him as a manager.. He's abysmal. I don't want his name ever be mentioned in here again.

Blinkered, ill-informed, puddle of arse-drippings. Took over a struggling Barcelona, reinforced the youth policy with Guardiola's appointment of Barcelona B, won the European Cup and ended R Madrid's dominance of La Liga.

Oh.. Really? And with a powerful side like Barca does make things quite easier to manage if you have world-class players in your squad. Look at Galatasaray now, enough said.

Exactly.

It's not hard to win trophies with Barcelona.

It's much harder to win trophies with Everton or Fulham - which is why you can't directly compare Riijkard to Hughes, or Deschamps to Moyes on the amount of silverware won.

I'd like to see Riijkard or Deschamps win a trophy with a smaller club (Barca massive club in Spain, Marseille biggest club in France)

Why do Liverpool fans think they know everything about other clubs?

Maldini Paul Mernock

It's funny how Rafa going to Villa is the best thing that could happen to the club but their fans think it's the worst. #Lfc #AVFC

I told him he can stick a dildo up kennys arse.

Exactly.

It's much harder to win trophies with Everton or Fulham - which is why you can't directly compare Riijkard to Hughes, or Deschamps to Moyes on the amount of silverware won.

I'd like to see Riijkard or Deschamps win a trophy with a smaller club (Barca massive club in Spain, Marseille biggest club in France)

Yes it is so easy to win with bigger clubs as Arsenal, Madrid, Juventus have all found recently. Get some perspective.

Exactly.

Yes it is so easy to win with bigger clubs as Arsenal, Madrid, Juventus have all found recently. Get some perspective.

It's really not that hard.