Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

latest odds from Chandler have a more realistic look about them now:-

Rafael Benitez – 2/1

Mark Hughes – 2/1

Martin Jol – 6/1

Steve McClaren – 11/2

Sam Allardyce – 13/2

Paul Lambert – 7/1

David Moyes – 9/1

Alan Curbishley – 10/1

Andre Villas-Boas – 12/1

Bob Bradley – 12/1

Ronald Koeman – 12/1

Roberto Di Matteo – 14/1

Gordon Cowans – 14/1

I still think Allardyce is out of the running - and reckon hughes will discount himself shortly. No price on Ancelotti yet - Benitez, Jol, Mclaren all look feasible .....if a little scary !

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moyes has done well but Everton have stayed stationery over the past few years. I'm not convinced he has what it takes to go the distance. (I know he hasn't had the funds)

Obviously he could do a job in the short term but notconvinced about the long term. He hasn't won a cup whilst at Everton either.

They've stayed stationery because of a lack of investment. The fact they haven't regressed is testament to the man himself.

True, he has done a great job I agree. It's whether he has the ability to take a team any further which I question.

I'm not saying he can't do it, but I think we would be taking a chance.

There are other stronger managers. Who have achieved things and won titles/cups out there. Whether they would be willing to come to us though is another matter.

I am undecided on who I believe would be the ideal candidate to take over FTR. :)

Hopefully we'll have 'something' to work with by the end of next week. I'd like to think that it's partially sorted already, to be perfectly honest. I cannot accept that GH might stay for the summer and onwards - it would be a ludicrous decision in every possible sense (from Randy and GH himself).

Most contracts in Football end/renew in June which is when i thnik everything will take shape. Clasues will become active (like Hughes) and various other factors come into play. Furthermore it allows for a much 'cleaner' termination of Houllier's contract with villa. I doubt things will be announced on Sunday but people's actions and words may give hints hopefully

Moyes for me.

And he might bring Howard and Cahill with him! (Well, its a dream)

Don't forget Baines and Rodwell!

Too right! :lol:

Would be nice to see what he can do with some decent money to spend. Hes not everyones cup of tea, but he certainly does have an eye for a player, aswell as being a good man manager.

Having said that, we will proberly end up with someone like Maclaren :oops:

Cahill played just behind bent, dreamy! Although i agree with the reasons given in the article im not so sure personally every article from the club lately have indicated they are giving him the chance to return.

Everton boss David Moyes fears seventh place is the best the club can aspire to in the future.

The Blues could finish in seventh today.

"Seventh might be as good as it can get for Everton with the resources and the way teams are spending now," said the Everton manager.

“I hoped we would do better than that this year but I think it is going to be much tougher next year. But I don’t think we are too far away. I don’t think this football club needs hundreds of millions. It just needs some fresh cash to try to start again and give us some impetus going into the new season.

“We have been able to do it without loads of money, we have been able to do it in a different way. That will be the route we take and I am hoping we are able to give ourselves a fresh start next season. We have been doing it that way for the nine years I have been here.

“Other clubs might have their own route to try to gain success but we have had to be slower and more progressive over a longer period.

"If anybody connected with Everton thinks our expectations should be better than seventh maybe they need to start asking the real reasons why. Maybe that is Everton's position. I thought we could do better than that in the summer so maybe I'm the one who got it wrong and maybe I have to reassess where I think Everton can be."

Another way of looking at it is if Moyes thinks that there is not much more he can do with Everton what options are there in the PL for him?

Man City - No as he's not a big enough name.

Man U - No, Fergie wants more trophies.

Chelsea - not the manager RA would go for.

Liverpool - No as he will not get past King Kenny.

Spurs - yes if Rednapp wants the England job but that's a year away and very speculative,

Arsenal - Wenger's not going anywhere and there is no fit.

Newcastle - no bigger than Villa and are unlikely to sack Pardew any time soon.

So if and its a very big if we would be a decent shout. Big club with ambition and a decent squad and money but I think he will probably stay where he is at least for next season.

I do like the speculation on the thread around Ancelotti and Wilkins. That would be interesting.