Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not one of those 48%,

Do you 48% really believe its just about money why Moyes has not made the big time. He may get the best out of the players (sometimes) but he finished 5th 07-08 5th 08-09 and dropped this season and last. Its not all about money. I think he's another MON. I mean he may not have lots to spend, but there are some good quality players in the side and he has bought players in, which have'nt really performed for him.

I'm not having that mate.

He's got everything we need. He respects and is loyal to his board - Kenwright adores him. He demands 110% every game from his players and usually gets it. He respects his players and staff and they 100% respect him. He always gives his youth a chance.. Osman,Victor Anichebe,Rodwell to name a few. He turns average playrers into top players.. Cahill,Baines,Arteta,Howard he turned Lescott from a championship player to a 25m England int.

He can also spot a bargain, who had heard of Coleman, Pienaar or Fellani ??

The whole game respects him and players want to play for him - He would be a major major coup for us and send a message to the rest we arn't fcking about this time !!

This is the man we need to return our famous old club BACK into a top 5 side challenging on all fronts.

It's just my opinion but I know I'm right.. :lol:

Hmmm, maybe be worth the risk rather than take on Moyes.

I just want some exciting football to Villa and to me that means taking on a foreign manager.

I keep reading Houllier is working on the new season, list of transfers, planning the pre training. Maybe were all barking up the wrong tree and Houllier is staying. I for one would welcome this. Im a little worried if we take on a new manager, he would'nt really know the players. Like who needs to leave and who we need to bring in. Moyes started last season with 2 points from 6 games with his own team and this worries me.

I think we would still need to change our number 2 though. He had a good game against Arsenal, but remember Houllier was pulling the strings.

Moyes is a much better version of O'Neill imo - more loyal & on the level.

He would be a brilliant capture for Villa and set the place alight again.

The club is flat and needs a lift but can't see anything happening yet.

If Moyes was appointed Villa manager in the next month I can guarantee this.....

1. 99.9% of villa fans will be ecstatic and full of optimism like when Randy & MON 1st arrived.

2. There will be 100's if not 1000's of us at Villa park when he's announced.

3. Season ticket sales will go up in there 1000's and probably sell out.

4. VP will be buzzing every week with attendances topping 40000+ per game depending opposition.

5. Big name players will want to come and play for us and players like Milner/Young wouldn't be leaving - Look how loyal his Everton players are to him.

6. With Randys backing we'll be challenging with Spurs & Liverpool for 4th every season.

7. The board will never here another moan from fans about the playing side of the club and how things should be done - The General will be able to sleep easy.

I just want this to happen so fcking bad !!

Mostly right ! - But I think Ash is to far down the line -

unfortunately I don't see Moyes coming.

Ancellotti has said he doesn't expect to be chelsea boss next season - what would you think to him ?

I'd take Ancellotti in a heartbeat. Shame about Moyes, if its true. Would have been nice to think we could have nabbed him, even just for the sake of us having that kind of pulling power.

I had a (non-sexual) dream about Mark Hughes last night. I am slowly coming to terms with the idea that he may be our manager next year. He seems a decent enough bloke and a pretty decent manager.

Hmmm, maybe be worth the risk rather than take on Moyes.

I just want some exciting football to Villa and to me that means taking on a foreign manager.

I keep reading Houllier is working on the new season, list of transfers, planning the pre training. Maybe were all barking up the wrong tree and Houllier is staying. I for one would welcome this. Im a little worried if we take on a new manager, he would'nt really know the players. Like who needs to leave and who we need to bring in. Moyes started last season with 2 points from 6 games with his own team and this worries me.

I think we would still need to change our number 2 though. He had a good game against Arsenal, but remember Houllier was pulling the strings.

My take on that is that is all spin from the club mostly from GMac. I think GH and the club have agreed an honourable exit for him once the season is over.

Looking at the facts he is still, weeks later, not fit enough to sit in the directors box and watch the game tomorrow. How long is this recuperation going to last for? Any more than a couple more weeks and it will impact into pre- season. RL and PF must realise that we cannot have a manager that is not fit in charge and as has been said in the media Mrs H will have a big say in this too.

So I think he will 'retire' in the next couple of weeks to be replaced by one of Moyes, Hughes or Benitez. All this talk of them not being interested is simply out of respect to GH. Once the post is vacant all that changes.

Also you can read the quote from Moyes two ways:

“The last thing he needs to hear is someone talking about his job but I’m not interested in it, so that answers it.”

The key phrase could be "his job". Once GH goes its a vacant position - very different IMO.

Also you can read the quote from Moyes two ways:

“The last thing he needs to hear is someone talking about his job but I’m not interested in it, so that answers it.”

The key phrase could be "his job". Once GH goes its a vacant position - very different IMO.

Yeah. But he could just say

'the last thing he needs is hearing people talking about his job, im already at a great club and i love it here and have a lot of respect for Houllier'

But He categorically says he's not interested in the job. Imagine if MoN said at the end of last season he wasn't interested in the Liverpool job and then 3 weeks later left us in the lurch to join them? We'd be fuming and I doubt Moyes will go back on it now he's so clearly said no.

Not sure what to make of Ancellotti, he inherited an ageing Chelsea squad, hard to judge if he's had a good year or not

Ancelloti certainly hasn't had a particularly bad year. Off the back of winning Chelsea's first double this season he has missed out on the league title to Man Utd and been knocked out of the Champions League to them. There is no shame in in that.

Really couldn't see him being interested in coming here though but as is likely he is going to leave Chelesea there is no harm in asking him if he'd be interested and it would be nice to believe the club would at least try for him.

I would rather if it was a manager who's grateful to have a job at Villa, while still being brilliant. I don't like managers and players who think they're too big for this club. It's happening too much tbh.