Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

I do like the speculation on the thread around Ancelotti and Wilkins. That would be interesting.

So do I but I think he would have 'bigger' clubs he would be more interested in probably Spain or Italy

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do like the speculation on the thread around Ancelotti and Wilkins. That would be interesting.

So do I but I think he would have 'bigger' clubs he would be more interested in probably Spain or Italy

Yeah but he wants to stay in England. We kind of fit the bill of being a challenge. It's too good do think about though, I'd love it.

I just can't see any better option out there for us than Moyes, not sure we are looking for a manager and that if we are we have the ability or balls to go and get him but he is the best option out there in my view.

If he wants to stay in the PL i'd take Ancelotti and will go as far putting him in front of Moyes who openly admitted he isn't interested and he can bring Ray in too.. can't see it though as he'll get offers from Roma etc I presume.. I hope we atleast enquire though.

can't see it though as he'll get offers from Roma etc

He wants to stay in England

This definite? If so, we should go all out. Just hope our current position doesn't put him off - he could do so much better than us. (it's true though!)

Chelsea have been heavily linked to gus Hiddink and he said he would quit Turkey if an offer was on the table.

Its all speculation we know. I think Ancellotti thinks his going becasue every other manager who has not brought a trophy home has got sacked by Abramovich. He would'nt go a to West Ham, they will have o'neil in the end I reckon.

Would be an amazing move though to Villa, all day long over Moyes!

It aint gonna happen though................is it????

There's gotta be a health and safety aspect to Houllier coming back. Like if he became ill again or even, ya know, goes. Villa would be to blame for employing him surely. Unless that is what his solicitor was for the other day, to get something written up!

If he wants to stay in the PL i'd take Ancelotti and will go as far putting him in front of Moyes who openly admitted he isn't interested and he can bring Ray in too.. can't see it though as he'll get offers from Roma etc I presume.. I hope we atleast enquire though.

Ancelotti will be no good for us. He has never or very rarely brought any youth players through. He works with sides that are already built. Or signs players that require wages out of our league. Where has he proved himself with a club like Villa?

If Houllier goes, the top choice would have to be Rijkaard..He is another manager than has proven he can build.

can't see it though as he'll get offers from Roma etc

He wants to stay in England

From Ancellotti

'I love the atmosphere in England. Everyone respects your job, there is no violence, the stadiums are full. That's the reason I want to stay here. If it's not possible, then I am Italian and if there are opportunities in Italy, I will take them.

Whatever Manager we may or may not take on will need to also have good coaching staff they are an important cog in the wheel, Moyes has good staff so does Hughes.Ancellotti is missing his ex number 2 Ray Wilkins at Chelsea imo, Houllier no longer has Bergues with him,he was the coach and master tactician at Liverpool.

Anyone from Moyes,Hughes or Carlo would be excellent choices for Villa but I cannot see it being Carlo tbh.

Most contracts in Football end/renew in June which is when i thnik everything will take shape. Clasues will become active (like Hughes) and various other factors come into play. Furthermore it allows for a much 'cleaner' termination of Houllier's contract with villa. I doubt things will be announced on Sunday but people's actions and words may give hints hopefully

This is a very good point, there may also be something in Houlliers contract that becomes active in June that allows Villa and him to go their seperate ways if either party are unhappy.

Also with this MON tribunal perhaps nothing can be sorted until its over because MON is set to become the new Everton manager with Moyes coming here :detect:

Ancelotti will be no good for us. He has never or very rarely brought any youth players through. He works with sides that are already built.

I agree with this, he's a good manager but he's not the right fit for us. His reputation is irrelevant.

Carlo Ancelotti a must if he available and willing. People mention Rijkaard, but he failed at two clubs will a similar standing as Villa, Galastary were near relegation till they got rid of him and he got sparta rotterdam relegated. Carlo hasn't really failed as a club manager and it be interesting what he can do with a club like Villa.

Hughes was not great at Man City...His signings are pretty poor..Is he a special one that can take Villa forward,or just your run of mill stop gap to keep us "the best of the rest"?

Lescott

Bridge

SWP

Santa Cruz

All very expensive signings yet give very little..A dose of the MON's maybe??

Hughes was not great at Man City...His signings are pretty poor..Is he a special one that can take Villa forward,or just your run of mill stop gap to keep us "the best of the rest"?

Lescott

Bridge

SWP

Santa Cruz

All very expensive signings yet give very little..A dose of the MON's maybe??

Not true at all. His signings are still the spine of the side, he signed kompany, de jong and tevez. Also zabaleta who has been a big part of the defense. Lets not forget barry either.

Also lescott has finally settled in. You'd have him at the villa in a heart beat.