Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

Reckon with more money to spend that he got at Everton, Moyes would get us into Europe every season, then maybe challenge for the champions league in afew seasons. Who knows what he could do if he was given a decent amount.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reckon with more money to spend that he got at Everton, Moyes would get us into Europe every season, then maybe challenge for the champions league in afew seasons. Who knows what he could do if he was given a decent amount.

“The last thing he needs to hear is someone talking about his job but I’m not interested in it, so that answers it.”

Its a bit categorical that last bit. Moyes would be great but I just dont see him moving.

Moyes has predictably drifted like the Kon Tiki to 4/1 with Skybet. Interestingly Mark Hughes is now odds on with both Skybet and Chandler. Now both firms were going around 7/1 about a week ago and I would say Hughes has been lined up.

I think your overestimating our chairman if you think Hughes has been lined up - ! - I think he is content to let GMAC run the show for as long as it takes for GH to return.......and if if he doesn't I think Randy will take the easy option of Benitez.

Who knows what he could do if he was given a decent amount.
Run away to acapulco would be my guess. You don't spend that long in scouseland without picking up a few of the locals' habits.

Moyes has predictably drifted like the Kon Tiki to 4/1 with Skybet. Interestingly Mark Hughes is now odds on with both Skybet and Chandler. Now both firms were going around 7/1 about a week ago and I would say Hughes has been lined up.

I think your overestimating our chairman if you think Hughes has been lined up - ! - I think he is content to let GMAC run the show for as long as it takes for GH to return.......and if if he doesn't I think Randy will take the easy option of Benitez.

Now you've said that I reckon Hughes is nailed on.

@JonnyGould - CEO; Sportsmedia Broadcasting Ltd., talkSPORT radio presenter, Sky News & ESPN football pundit, Soccermongery blogger, Aston Villa fan, cyclist, roulettist - http://twitter.com/#!/jonnygould

RELIABLE SOURCE: unnamed #AVFC board representatives have had TWO meetings with #EFC's David Moyes.

I can't reveal my source except that he's informed. An #AVFC player from the eighties who's still involved in the game. #UTV

he's a reliable source but Moyes appointment is far from certain. Approach confirmed #AVFC

no, #AVFC haven't confirmed the approach because it's informal. Remember, we still have GH.

If Moyes was appointed Villa manager in the next month I can guarantee this.....

1. 99.9% of villa fans will be ecstatic and full of optimism like when Randy & MON 1st arrived.

2. There will be 100's if not 1000's of us at Villa park when he's announced.

3. Season ticket sales will go up in there 1000's and probably sell out.

4. VP will be buzzing every week with attendances topping 40000+ per game depending opposition.

5. Big name players will want to come and play for us and players like Milner/Young wouldn't be leaving - Look how loyal his Everton players are to him.

6. With Randys backing we'll be challenging with Spurs & Liverpool for 4th every season.

7. The board will never here another moan from fans about the playing side of the club and how things should be done - The General will be able to sleep easy.

I just want this to happen so fcking bad !!

Probably bull though so i wouldnt get too excited, your right though i think such an appointment would create a buzz again amongst the villa faithful. If houllier is manager next season expect more of the same in terms of attendances and general pessimism.

7. The board will never here another moan from fans about the playing side of the club and how things should be done - The General will be able to sleep easy.

This'll never happen. Look at the poll, only 48% of us want Moyes, the other 52% will moan? Arguably. One thing is for absolute certain, you cannot please all of the people all of the time. So why try?

This'll never happen. Look at the poll, only 48% of us want Moyes, the other 52% will moan? Arguably. One thing is for absolute certain, you cannot please all of the people all of the time. So why try?

Maybe we need the alternative vote then. :lol:

Hasn't Hughes come out and said he's happy where he is?

isn't that kinda predictable, until it is certain you are going.

Ash is happy by all accounts.....and we'll see how that develops too.

Maybe we need the alternative vote then. :lol:

I'd prefer proportional representtion. Have 50% moyes, a slice of Jol, Hughes, Coyle etc to make the 'perfect' manager!

Only a paltry 365 votes out of a fan base of about 100,000 worldwide ?

I say every man and his dog would want him appointed Monday morning.

And of that 100,000, how many come on this site to vote, only 48% of the 360 ish that actually voted want David Moyes. I'd like Moyes but my point is that you will never get universal approval to any appointment.

**** Monday morning. Make it Sunday night please.

Im not one of those 48%,

Do you 48% really believe its just about money why Moyes has not made the big time. He may get the best out of the players (sometimes) but he finished 5th 07-08 5th 08-09 and dropped this season and last. Its not all about money. I think he's another MON. I mean he may not have lots to spend, but there are some good quality players in the side and he has bought players in, which have'nt really performed for him.

Seems good to average. The likes of Klinsman, Ancelloti would do me!