How Will you Vote  

73 members have voted

1. 1. How Will you Vote

• I will Vote Yes, for AV
    • I will vote No, Everything's fine as it is
    • I can't be bovvered. I'm washing my hair
    • Christ, I'm in the wrong thread
    • I will vote no, AV doesn't go far enough and will block real reform

Ironic that there is a NO TO AV banner below the quick reply box/.

get it off my screen Limpid you swine!!! :lol: :winkold:

You know how to remove all the adverts Jon :mrgreen:

Ironic that there is a NO TO AV banner below the quick reply box/.

get it off my screen Limpid you swine!!! :lol: :winkold:

You know how to remove all the adverts Jon :mrgreen:

Touche, Sir.

:lol:

Touche_Turtle.jpg

Reform would be good but have still not been convinced that AV is the way to go and I've read loads on it.

The fact it isn't widely used and of those that do one wants out and another is moving that way too makes me less likely to vote for it.

I think that stupidity will win tomorrow, unfortunately (appologies if anyone is arguing for FPTP on here ive not completely read the thread)

no offence but you can't really dismiss people as stupid and then say you've not read their reasoning ...from the thread i think many people have also come to the conclusion that AV isn't what we need

I'm in the stupid camp as I don't think AV is the solution (AV plus would have been a better prospect ) and thus it would have to be a "no" vote from me ..

If only VT declared voting intentions were reflected in the polling booths .... :lol::cheers:

sadly, the chances are very slim indeed.

A guy I know on FB, not a dimwit but not einsten either, posted earlier that it would be a big NO from him at the booth as he wanted to keep out the BNP.

Jesus H Christ. If this is the kind of thing "Yes" has to contend with, we really don't have a cat in hell's chance .... C'est la vie!

Is it possible to reset the poll to see how people did vote? Might also be interesting to see how many bothered in the end?

Surely a new poll would do that AWOL?

No need to reset the poll surely?

It'll marginalise extremist parties, I don't think it will marginalise smaller parties at all.

In political terms a smaller party is an extremist party. No voting system is biased in a way that discriminates against ideas. (nor should it).

You're playing with semantics Bicks, and I've explained why I disagree.

At last year's general election, this meant the result was decided by fewer than 460,000 voters – just 1.6% of the electorate – in 111 marginal constituencies. That is, by any reasonable standard, unfair.

AV is not a proportional system, it is true. But it is the best way of retaining one MP, one constituency, making MPs seek more than 50% of the vote and making more people's votes count

The above couple of paragraphs from this article, especially the first one, stood out for me.

I'm proud to say I've voted yes today. The NO campaign has been like some propaganda war machine and it's been absolutely ruthless combating some of the ridiculous claims that people speil off as fact and hence why they are voting no.

If we don't win, which is pretty likely, I just hope the result is so close that reform isn't off the agenda just yet.

I'm proud to say I've voted yes today. The NO campaign has been like some propaganda war machine and it's been absolutely ruthless combating some of the ridiculous claims that people speil off as fact and hence why they are voting no.

If we don't win, which is pretty likely, I just hope the result is so close that reform isn't off the agenda just yet.

:thumb:

I voted no, its proportional representation 1st or first past the post 2nd.

A No vote will ensure that your first choice will never happen.

A Yes vote would have ensured that PR would be an option in the future

Is it possible to reset the poll to see how people did vote? Might also be interesting to see how many bothered in the end?

Surely a new poll would do that AWOL?

No need to reset the poll surely?

It would yes, but didn't think da MODS would want two seperate threads so closely related.

I'll be voting YES this evening.

Whilst the NO campaign has one or two valid points, most of their arguments seem to be about side effects to the actual system. for example, it will cost a lot (will it?) or "not many other countries use it". They seem to have very few reasons as to why the FPTP system itself is better than AV.

The side effects, as I called them, aren't serious enough, imo, to stop me voting yes.

In terms of the actual system itself, which is the most important thing, YES is miles ahead. The positives far outweight the negatives.

All IMO of course.

Bullshit.

Bullshit.

I was thinking of a more diplomatic reply than yours, but if it walks like a duck...

Bullshit.

Than you for your typical eloquent reply. Care to expand on why you think so strongly?

Â