How Will you Vote  

73 members have voted

1. 1. How Will you Vote

• I will Vote Yes, for AV
    • I will vote No, Everything's fine as it is
    • I can't be bovvered. I'm washing my hair
    • Christ, I'm in the wrong thread
    • I will vote no, AV doesn't go far enough and will block real reform

Because AV is quite similar to FPTP - because it's effectively FPTP, with the Post being set at ">50% (and after second prefs etc. if necessary) rather than "the highest percent of anyone on first count".

Because PR doesn't have a "post" it's "you get a tenth of the total votes, then you get a tenth of the MPs".

There's an expression people use "Face-palm"

I've always thought that 'first past the post' is an enormously misleading name for our electoral system, because there isn't a post. I don't know how or why that name has become accpeted terminology. It is actually much more fitting for systems like AV.

I've always thought that 'first past the post' is an enormously misleading name for our electoral system, because there isn't a post. I don't know how or why that name has become accpeted terminology. It is actually much more fitting for systems like AV.
I don't know where it came from originally but surely it has something to do with parliament where a party needs a certain number of MPs to achieve a majority?

It looks like all labours gains in the councils today were all their own voters who voted Lib tactically at the general to try and keep the tories out. Funnily enough the same people who would benefit most from AV because they wouldn't need to vote tactically any more.

No vote officially wins with loads of results still to come. Unlucky Ed and Nick.

Say's a lot about your thinking Jon, when you are more concerned about a "victory" against Clegg and Milliband.

I'd be interested to see what you have to say now to the comments about no further debates on electoral change, didn't you call that BS?

I'd be interested to see what you have to say now to the comments about no further debates on electoral change, didn't you call that BS?

It is BS. Just because the chinless wonder leading the NO campaign says that doesn't make it so.

IMO full PR will be on a manifesto by the election after next at the outside. If we'd had a yes to AV then that would have been it and our voting system would be in the same bracket as those democratic giants, Fiji and Papua New Guinea.

Those who want reform (including me) dodged a bullet yesterday.

IMO full PR will be on a manifesto by the election after next at the outside. If we'd had a yes to AV then that would have been it and our voting system would be in the same bracket as those democratic giants, Fiji and Papua New Guinea.

:-) - that would be the same manifesto pledges as we saw at the last election :-)

I am against AV and PR and therefore voted no but, had the third option mooted by someone else of 'none of the above, but I am interested in what other options may be presented' then I would have marked my X there, purely because I believe that a large number of people are interested in change, and they should be given the right to receive more options.

Â