Alan Hutton

Rich_D

I wonder what you would get if there was an actual Alan Hutton Fan Club one could join?

Basic "Bairn" package - £5 a year

•Monthly updates on Alan's activities, including Alan's special recipes and personal excerpts from his FunFax diary.

•A signed photograph of Alan. Erotic/non-erotic option available.

Advanced package - £10 a year

•Bairn package plus...

•Your own very own cuddly Alan Hutton plushie (WARNING: may contain shards of Shane Long's leg).

•Corinthians Cafu figure, spray-painted white.

Premium package - £20 a year

•All of the above, plus Alan will make a personal visit to your doorstep and break the leg of your choice.

You forgot the father and son package that comes with a 50% discount on one of the membership fee's. It is left to father and son to fight it out between themselves who gets it.

Troon's probably the poshest town in the west, I was sheltered from chat like that 'till I was about 18!
I was up in Forres for 10 years, due to it's proximity to Aberdeen such dialogue was abundant.

How much of the reason for Hutton's' poor form last season was a result of lack of confidence and/or poor tactics?

Not as much as lack of talent.

What percentage would you say?

20% Poor tactics

15% Lack of confidence

65% Lack of talent

He definitely is amongst the worst right backs I've ever seen down the Villa. I'd say 80% is down to lack of talent. He's just a poor player.

That's fair enough.

Do you think he's always been a poor player at each club he's played for?

If not, what do you think made the difference?

He definitely is amongst the worst right backs I've ever seen down the Villa. I'd say 80% is down to lack of talent. He's just a poor player.

That's fair enough.

Did look very decent when he first came on the scene, think BOF stated he had a serious injury at Spurs that ended all positives in his game.

That's fair enough.

Did look very decent when he first came on the scene, think BOF stated he had a serious injury at Spurs that ended all positives in his game.

Ah yes, that's a shame then.

I wonder what you would get if there was an actual Alan Hutton Fan Club one could join?

Basic "Bairn" package - £5 a year

•Monthly updates on Alan's activities, including Alan's special recipes and personal excerpts from his FunFax diary.

•A signed photograph of Alan. Erotic/non-erotic option available.

Advanced package - £10 a year

•Bairn package plus...

•Your own very own cuddly Alan Hutton plushie (WARNING: may contain shards of Shane Long's leg).

•Corinthians Cafu figure, spray-painted white.

Premium package - £20 a year

•All of the above, plus Alan will make a personal visit to your doorstep and break the leg of your choice.

Oh Gareth you do make me :lol:

Has he gone Germany ?

No an neither has Warnock.

This is the 18 man squad I think -

Given, Guzan, Marshall,

Lowton, Vlaar, Clark, Lichaj, Stevens, Baker,

El Ahmadi, Bannan, Ireland, Delph, Gardner, N'Zogbia, Holman,

Bent, Weimann

Hmmm not the strongest of squads that, I hope we're going to bring in at least 3 players before the window shuts...

Yes, I agree. I wonder if it'll look like this -

---------N'Zogbia---Bent

---------------Holman---

------El Ahmadi---Ireland

----------------Delph

Lowton-----Vlaar---Clark---Stevens

-----------------Given

On the Bench

Guzan

Marshall

Baker

Lichaj

Bannan

Gardner

Weimann

I just wonder if he'll start with full-backs in their natural positions and have Lichaj on the benh as he may be the one who'd be most comfortable in either position.

Delph at the back of the midfield may not be right, it may be Bannan, who I think is brilliant in that position taking the ball from the defence and distributing the ball to the rest of the team but suffers in the defensive aspect of that role.

Or, with Herd injured I think Clark could come in to that role and Lowton/Baker in central defence. Clark could play this role well I think, I do think he's intelligent but he'd play this role more defensively than Bannan or Delph would.

Where as I think Delph would like to dribble forward and Bannan would do too, plus spray a variety of passes around the pitch, Clark would take a simple ball from the defence and play a simple ball to the nearest player.

I'm not knocking that, it's intelligent as it keeps possession but I don't think we'd see a splitting through pass.

N'Zogbia may not be up front either but if it was Weimann there wouldn't be another striker on the bench.

It could happen with N'Zogbia available on the bench to offer a different tactic if Weimann and Bent start.

Or N'Zogbia could possibly be in there instead of Holman. Holman's' work-rate has been higher than N'Zogbia which may give him a starting place. Although, if used as a substitute, he'd have an effect on the game for the same reason.

I think Lambert will play a team closest to the one he'll start with at West Ham, so maybe it'll be Lichaj and Bannan starting instead of Stevens and Delph.

Or maybe those will be the positions, plus up front instead of N'Zogbia, that new signings will come in to.

Hmmm not the strongest of squads that, I hope we're going to bring in at least 3 players before the window shuts...

Yes, I agree. I wonder if it'll look like this -

---------N'Zogbia---Bent

---------------Holman---

------El Ahmadi---Ireland

----------------Delph

Lowton-----Vlaar---Clark---Stevens

-----------------Given

On the Bench

Guzan

Marshall

Baker

Lichaj

Bannan

Gardner

Weimann

I just wonder if he'll start with full-backs in their natural positions and have Lichaj on the benh as he may be the one who'd be most comfortable in either position.

Delph at the back of the midfield may not be right, it may be Bannan, who I think is brilliant in that position taking the ball from the defence and distributing the ball to the rest of the team but suffers in the defensive aspect of that role.

Or, with Herd injured I think Clark could come in to that role and Lowton/Baker in central defence. Clark could play this role well I think, I do think he's intelligent but he'd play this role more defensively than Bannan or Delph would.

Where as I think Delph would like to dribble forward and Bannan would do too, plus spray a variety of passes around the pitch, Clark would take a simple ball from the defence and play a simple ball to the nearest player.

I'm not knocking that, it's intelligent as it keeps possession but I don't think we'd see a splitting through pass.

N'Zogbia may not be up front either but if it was Weimann there wouldn't be another striker on the bench.

It could happen with N'Zogbia available on the bench to offer a different tactic if Weimann and Bent start.

Or N'Zogbia could possibly be in there instead of Holman. Holman's' work-rate has been higher than N'Zogbia which may give him a starting place. Although, if used as a substitute, he'd have an effect on the game for the same reason.

I think Lambert will play a team closest to the one he'll start with at West Ham, so maybe it'll be Lichaj and Bannan starting instead of Stevens and Delph.

Or maybe those will be the positions, plus up front instead of N'Zogbia, that new signings will come in to.

----------------Bent-------------

---------------Ireland-----------

Holman------El Ahmadi-------Nzogbia

----------------Bannan--------------

Licaj-----Clark----Vlaar-----Lowton

-----------------Given-----------

I think it will look more like this aaginst West Ham. Which does not fill me with much confidence

Â