Alan Hutton

Rich_D

----------------Bent-------------

---------------Ireland-----------

Holman------El -Ahmadi------Nzogbia

----------------Bannan--------------

Licaj-----Clark----Vlaar-----Lowton

-----------------Given-----------

I think it will look more like this aaginst West Ham. Which does not fill me with much confidence

Bannan as the tough-tackling holding midfield enforcer. Good choice.

----------------Bent-------------

---------------Ireland-----------

Holman------El -Ahmadi------Nzogbia

----------------Bannan--------------

Licaj-----Clark----Vlaar-----Lowton

-----------------Given-----------

I think it will look more like this aaginst West Ham. Which does not fill me with much confidence

Bannan as the tough-tackling holding midfield enforcer. Good choice.

Yep - you need to switch bannan and KEA around there.

Why? Bannan played deeper against forest than KEA... If we keep the ball well enough we don't need a massive brute enforcer which people seems to love and bang on about, KEA is box to box and can tackle, Bannan plays as a deep midfield playmaker.

Bannan played deeper against forest than KEA... .

Might be worth pointing out that we lost against Forest.

Might also be worth pointing out it was only a friendly, but from the positives I saw of that game was that Bannan dictated play from a deeper position.

I think KHV is right but I'd expect Bannan to have more of a Xavi role, with KAE being a mixture of Busquets and Iniesta. Obviously not compairing him to the two of those in terms of talent but I think he will be buzzing around the place like Iniesta will also winning the ball and lay it off short if needs be but will look for it back.

Interesting fact about how our perceptions of players at rival clubs can be way off. Hutton is the most selected Villa defender in the fantasy league :lol: If only they knew...

Seriously.

Hutton 1.6%

Vlaar 1.3%

Warnock 1.2%

Clark 1.0%

Baker 0.8%

Stevens 0.3%

Lowton 0.3%

All tiny numbers relative to other defenders in the game, but Hutton's top of the heap.

• 3 weeks later...
He will be picked so people can get extra midfielder/striker points.

How would that work?

Pay less of your budget for a cheap defender who you know isn't going to play hence you don't lose any points; then you have a bigger budget to spend on better midfielders/strikers who will pick you up more points.

How would that work?

Pay less of your budget for a cheap defender who you know isn't going to play hence you don't lose any points; then you have a bigger budget to spend on better midfielders/strikers who will pick you up more points.

Hutton is more expensive than players like Edna or Williams, who also aren't likely to play ...

How would that work?

If your 1st choice defender does not play your 1st substitute will replace him (usually a midfilder or striker), hence effectivly playing 343 or 352.

Â