Alan Hutton

Rich_D

this is slightly unfair

yes, hes made a bad challenge, but he shouldnt be villianised for it for the rest of his career

everyone likes a 'badboy' in the team, look at players like vinny jones, dennis wise, roy keane, stuart pearce, martin keown, joey barton, robbie savage (sort of) these guys would always win you the ball back, and their respected clubs fans loved them for it, theres probably more than can be named

i think theres a saving grace for hutton, he can have a part in the team if hes willing to develop his game, but at his age (hes still younger than me!!!) he can still play a part for villa

clearly RB is out of the question now, but what about CB, DM, LB? how much is he willing to add to his game?

lets not forget, hes a professional footballer, this is his job and career, we can all mock from the stands and infront of the tv, but everyone deserves another chance

How is it unfair? he was aware Lambert didn't want him when the window was open, he had the chance to look for another club for a while when the window was open and for whatever reason he is still with us.

Is it because of Villa? I doubt it, Lambert made it clear he didn't want him.

I think he has been treated fairly personally, he had the chance to look for another club and for whatever reason he is still here. Lambert obviously doesn't want him in the first team.

Maybe he couldn't find another club or doesn't want to drop the level to championship.. can't rule out anything I guess.

clearly RB is out of the question now, but what about CB, DM, LB? how much is he willing to add to his game?

The only place, out of those, I could imagine him playing is left back.

Habib Beye against Rapid Vienna mark II.

Looks like we have our very own Winston Bogarte situation for the next 3 Years unless we can somehow shift him. I cant see him leaving for a pay cut. So probably about £6m on wages for doing f**k all. !!

Nahhh, someone will take him eventually CI.

He's still young enough to have a career somewhere, he has had a few decent games in the last few seasons & we all know he can put up a fight when he plays (even if it results in yellow or red cards).

I can see Stoke or a Championship side taking him.

Truly terrible player, awful signing. What money Mcleish was given he wasted

Looking back at last summers dealings is depressing. I can't say any more about Hutton that hasn't been said before, Given looks like he has left his best days behind him, and N'Zogbia is not looking like good value for money either. And then there is Jenas, which again was a total waste of time and money. Were there any good signings that I've forgotten about? I don't think so, it was all bad business.

This summer, although some of the names are not so well known has proven to be far more refreshing in our approach. I'm a lot more optimistic this season.

Holman was the only decent signing, the others have been very expensive **** ups

Here's what I estimate in fee and wages if they all see out their contracts -

Given - £20m

Hutton - £11m

Jenas - £2m

NZogbia - £20m

Total £53m ish

Still dont' think Given was a bad signing. 5 year deal was a bit silly.

But he was a large factor to keeping us in the league last season. And if Guzan is going to be permanent number 1, we won't have any trouble offloading Given to someone else.

I know it's possible, but it's highly highly unlikely that Given will see out his career sat on our bench.

I don't think Given's the type of guy to just sit on the bench and see out his contract. By all accounts he's a really level-headed, down to earth person. I'm sure he'd be much happier to get £25k a week to play than get £50k to be back-up at Villa.

Where else is Given going to find 50k a week for 4 more Years !

Exactly

Your assuming he's happy to not play for the rest of his career and just pick up his pay cheque.

Which I agree, is possible. But I think it's very unlikely. Otherwise he'd still be sat on the Man City bench and wouldn't have come to us in the first place.

He'll want to play, and other clubs will want him. If we want to offload him, I wouldn't think we'd have a problem.

Â