Alan Hutton

Rich_D

I think everyone is jumping the gun, just because we told him to bugger off doesnt mean anyone would want him.

They would have to be certified mental to sign Hutton, even if you were a pub team.

I doubt he'll be fussed, as he will still get paid.

There are clubs interested in him, he will be gone! One thing i'll say about him is that he isn't another Beye, he doesn't want to sit on the bench and collect a wage.

You seem rather certain of a lot things here Troon. There has been speculation of interest from Stoke and Forest but that speculation also suggested that offers had been made but we heard yesterday that no offers have been made. So how do you know clubs are interested in him?

Also how do you know he isn't another Beye? How do you know he doesn't want to sit on the bench collecting his wages? Do you know him?

Hopefully it'll be a case of somebody taking a punt on him hoping to recapture his form from old, but he won't be doing that here which will be no loss to us. If we can't sell him I can see him being loaned out to the championship once the window has closed.

I think unlike Beye he'll want to play week in week out and also he'd be keen to get back in amongst the Scottish International team.

This will likely drag out until the end of the transfer window and the fee if any will be miniscule.

Also how do you know he isn't another Beye? How do you know he doesn't want to sit on the bench collecting his wages? Do you know him?

Well we know that because he could have sat on Spurs bench collecting a wage but opted to move to a club where he would play more.

Well we know that because he could have sat on Spurs bench collecting a wage but opted to move to a club where he would play more.

Well we know from that he was willing to move to a similar sized club and to play for a manager he had enjoyed good times under in McLeish and no doubt similar wages. That doesn't mean he would be willing to move again so quickly, or to a club like Stoke or to drop down a division to a team like Forest.

His willingness to move again will depend on many things and isn't certain because he moved before. Beye might have been happy to move had he had the right offer.

One thing I will say against you Trent is, that its not much of a step down from Spurs to Villa, but I think his stock has certainly dropped in the last 12 months, I can't see many Premiership teams being in for him, nor Scottish, so the step down becomes even further then, plus would those clubs be able to pay these kind of wages? All hypothetical I know, but I think he'll be harder to shift then we think.

I'd rather get Warnock out before Hutton.

Warnock is totally disinterested and has allegedly expressed his dislike for the club in the past. His performances have been worse than Hutton, who I think actually improved a bit towards the end of the season.

I don't think we have great cover at either fullback berth but it looks like they will have to be shifted before they are replaced.

Being an MON signing, I would also expect Warnock to be on significantly higher wages.

One thing I will say against you Trent is, that its not much of a step down from Spurs to Villa, but I think his stock has certainly dropped in the last 12 months, I can't see many Premiership teams being in for him, nor Scottish, so the step down becomes even further then, plus would those clubs be able to pay these kind of wages? All hypothetical I know, but I think he'll be harder to shift then we think.

Er you aren't disagreeing with me :D

I'd rather get Warnock out before Hutton.

Warnock is totally disinterested and has allegedly expressed his dislike for the club in the past. His performances have been worse than Hutton, who I think actually improved a bit towards the end of the season.

I don't think we have great cover at either fullback berth but it looks like they will have to be shifted before they are replaced.

Being an MON signing, I would also expect Warnock to be on significantly higher wages.

Good points.

Hutton does seem to be restless when not thought of as first choice where Warnock did seem to hang about.

Â