Alan Hutton

Rich_D

I third it. But we won't.

I thought Chris Herd was excellent... OK... I thought Chris Herd showed alot of promise... in the games he played last season. To be relegated to the bench on reputation alone from a new signing (Hutton has shown nothing so far to suggest he's better than Herd) must be a tough one for him. I know he is only young and can't be rushed into the team, but I just hope we don't end up with another Gary Cahill

- not a debate about how good Gary Cahill actually is... simply a statement that we sold a young player due to "inability to give him first team football", and he goes on to be a player many fans regret we sold.

Not great yesterday.

Would rather give Chris Herd a run, the boy can leap like a salmon.

Don't think we've scored to many from corners or free kicks lately

Well he should have a good jump on him, he's a Skippy? :D

Hutton is championship player no more, no less? But he is a AM player so he seems to get the nod whatever. And to think I used to moan about no RB under MON? Be careful what you wish for, can't believe we sold LY for this useless lump (I know the problems over contracts/age etc, but still)?

I agree that Hutton's a donkey!

The argument was always stipulated that he was better going forward, but as far as I can tell he is equally as bad; he cannot beat a player, his crossing is woeful and an average touch.

Such a waste of money it seems.

Hutton is really starting to look like Turkey of the season for 4m.

Mind boggling comment considering we have Nzogbia on our books who was more expensive, has higher wages and has contributed much less to the team.

I really wonder what people expect from a right back, He has been getting up and down the pitch a lot but his final ball has been lacking so far. Defensively he is getting caught out a little but he has hardly made any massive howlers that are costing us points.

But he is a AM player so he seems to get the nod whatever.

Strange thing to say when N'Zogbia is an even more AM player (cost a lot more) and has been axed after poor performances.

Your statement seems to indicate that AM will keep "his" players even when they are poor. The N'Zogbia history has reallt falsified that view.

But he is a AM player so he seems to get the nod whatever.

Strange thing to say when N'Zogbia is an even more AM player (cost a lot more) and has been axed after poor performances.

Your statement seems to indicate that AM will keep "his" players even when they are poor. The N'Zogbia history has reallt falsified that view.

I think he is referring to the fact that Hutton and Eck have the history together with past teams (ie Rangers), so Eck favours playing Hutton without as much consideration for form. That history does not exist with N'zogbia and the link has nothing to do with him just being one of his squad additions.

Mind boggling comment considering we have Nzogbia on our books who was more expensive, has higher wages and has contributed much less to the team.

I really wonder what people expect from a right back, He has been getting up and down the pitch a lot but his final ball has been lacking so far. Defensively he is getting caught out a little but he has hardly made any massive howlers that are costing us points.

What do I expect from a right back? An ability to tackle people might be a start.

My comment is not really mind-boggling, as I said he was a waste of space/money at the moment. Which is true. Why are you bringing up N'Zogbia?!

Oh, and Jordon Henderson can't be turkey of the season so far: I'm sure he made TWO completed crosses against Lonchester United on Sat!

defensivley caught out a little????? he gets caught out all the time. he cant cross, he cant tackle and he has all the positional sense of a blind hedgehog in a carrier bag. Truely dreadful player, its no wonder Arry made him train with kids at Spurs, he took one look at him and thought this lad is cack and he was right.

Turkey of the season so far must be Nzogbia, I agree with the comment that McLeishs outfield signings have been poor so far. When you have a limited budget it helps if you dont buy cack players. I wish our scouts were as good as Newcastles as they have done really well with their signings in comparison

He is the worst recognised RB I have ever seen at the club.

As bad as Hutton is, Gary Charles gets my vote for that accolade.

Bardsley was worse than Charles, but Bardsley was better than Hutton

He is the worst recognised RB I have ever seen at the club.

As bad as Hutton is, Gary Charles gets my vote for that accolade.

Bardsley was worse than Charles, but Bardsley was better than Hutton

Its why Hutton gets played ahead of Bardsley for Scotland ;)

Â