Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Well we all knew this was the case right?

This is literally no surprise at all...

Honestly if we're trying to get rid of him and we have younger players who can improve like Lowton & Bacuna in that position I'd rather play them than play someone like Hutton who is average 'just because' he is on 40k a week...

Even if people consider Lowton & Bacuna average at right back the argument could me made that they'll improve whereas Hutton certainly won't... What surprises me is that he hasn't found a club even though Lambert has admitted he'll help the loan out on the financial side...

In the past now, the club are trying not to get in this position again however, much it pisses off the fans.

Next time your pissing and moaning we’re not signing so and so, Fulham have signed him **** Lerner blah blah blah look at them.

In a few years time some of the players they signed this Jan will be in a similar position, on high wages doing not a lot for the club. They had to pay high wages to get them in during January...

So remember that when your crying because we’ve not appeared on the Sky Sports yellow bar signing someone. It didn’t happen because we didn’t want to be in another Given/Hutton situation thats why!

Hutton also allegedly beat up his own dad, so i defiantly have something against him!

We're not playing him because of his wages but doesn't he get the same if he was playing or not? Also would it not have increased the chances of selling him if he'd actually played? I can see why not many clubs want to sign a player who spent 2 years training with the reserves.

Its just been one big **** up from the moment he signed. From the manager who picked him, to his agreed deal and so on.

• Like 1

In the past now, the club are trying not to get in this position again however, much it pisses off the fans.

Next time your pissing and moaning we’re not signing so and so, Fulham have signed him **** Lerner blah blah blah look at them.

In a few years time some of the players they signed this Jan will be in a similar position, on high wages doing not a lot for the club. They had to pay high wages to get them in during January...

So remember that when your crying because we’ve not appeared on the Sky Sports yellow bar signing someone. It didn’t happen because we didn’t want to be in another Given/Hutton situation thats why!

Hutton also allegedly beat up his own dad, so i defiantly have something against him!

Haha so you use the signing of Hutton to defend future lack of signings to defend what Lerner may do.

Brilliant.

Haha so you use the signing of Hutton to defend future lack of signings to defend what Lerner may do.

Brilliant.

tumblr_mgjirgkJMA1rxayxlo1_400.gif

In some ways with the form of Lowton this season why not use him if we are paying his wages anyway??

How is sticking him with the kids saying anything other than he is rubbish??

I know he hasn't been great but I don't understand this sticking them with the kids, we must have the most expensive development squad in the country?

When we are paying him every week why not even think about playing him?

Would Lerner rent a house and them sleep on the bench outside?

• Like 1

Well that is one way of looking at things I guess. Another way would be to say we dropped a bollock by not signing so and so and paying him 40k a week as he has turned out to be another Milner, Young, Petrov, Carew, Freidel, Bouma, Laursen,Mellberg…..

There shouldn’t be a one size fits all policy. We have been stung with some players not performing to the level to justify their high wages. However we have had others on 40k, 50k, 60k a week who have earned every penny.

Just as it would be stupid to say all cheap signings won't make the grade it would be foolish to say all players on high wages will be no more than a drain on the clubs finances.

One things for sure if we want to build a squad capable of getting back up in and around the top 6 then the standard of players we are going to need to do that will want to be paid the going rate and 40k+ will not be an exceptional wage. It is no coincidence that those sides that consistently finish with in the top 6, bar the very odd exception, will have the top half dozen wage bills in the country.

Well that is one way of looking at things I guess. Another way would be to say we dropped a bollock by not signing so and so and paying him 40k a week as he has turned out to be another Milner, Young, Petrov, Carew, Freidel, Bouma, Laursen,Mellberg…..

There shouldn’t be a one size fits all policy. We have been stung with some players not performing to the level to justify their high wages. However we have had others on 40k, 50k, 60k a week who have earned every penny.

Just as it would be stupid to say all cheap signings won't make the grade it would be foolish to say all players on high wages will be no more than a drain on the clubs finances.

One things for sure if we want to build a squad capable of getting back up in and around the top 6 then the standard of players we are going to need to do that will want to be paid the going rate and 40k+ will not be an exceptional wage. It is no coincidence that those sides that consistently finish with in the top 6, bar the very odd exception, will have the top half dozen wage bills in the country.

Yes but its also quite clear that we’re trying very hard not to be in that situation and have our fingers burned again.

Its lose lose for the club, don’t sign anyone they’re in the wrong. Sign someone, fans happy for a short while if it doesn’t come off the club is wrong for paying them high wages.

All transfers are a gamble, some fans forget on a very regular basis as they crave for transfer activity and ignore the actual impact it can have on the club in a positive or negative fashion.

So, we need to get the wage bill down.  Could somebody explain how paying somebody £40K+ a week, and just bombing them out helps to achieve this?  At least if he was involved somehow, we'd have a better chance of selling him.  We really are run by a set of clowns.

• Like 1

Â