Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Surely someone (say from Scotland) will see him as an option after tonight if only on a loan basis with us paying some of his wages as we did last season? 

Theres probably already been interest and then its like oh hes on 40k a week? No thanks.

Didn't he give Walcott an up and under? Walcott's currently nursing a swollen knee and might not play against Villa.

Potentially the best thing he has done for us.

Handball on the line away at WBA?

• Like 2

Bit harsh that he's not included on the OS round-up of our international players tonight. Did OK generally. Hope he gets a move.

There's now a piece from Lambert who says he was at the match and enjoyed it...but fails to mention Hutton was in the side. I think someone mentioned a little while ago that the OS is rather like the official news channel of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea. Hutton has clearly displeased the Supreme Leader and so is a non-person!

• Like 1

I actually feel a little sorry for Hutton. IMO he's a decent player, did very well at Sunderland on loan, he just failed to make an impact here. Obviously wants to play football, happy to train and not make a fuss. Did OK on Wednesday despite having no real pre-season either.

I hope he finds a new club soon.

I remember when he broke Shane Long at Villa Park a couple of years ago. That will be my favourite memory of him when he leaves :-)

Yeah. It was about time someone took Shane Long down a notch with a reckless, cowardly tackle.

:suspect:

• Like 2

I've nothing against the player (except for his excessive chewing gum usage) it's purely due to the fact that he's an Albion player! Plus, he got the ball and it was the follow through that got the player :-)

Edited by daggy_333

Did himself and the club no harm at all on Wednesday and we've seen far worse FB displays for those who have replaced him last season.

I would therefore be very surprised if someone doesn't take him on loan even one of the promoted teams as he would do a decent job for them and if by some chance he doesn't go then he is no worse than what we currently have at the club in his position.

Did himself and the club no harm at all on Wednesday and we've seen far worse FB displays for those who have replaced him last season.

Lowton replaced him. I thought Hutton played quite well but you'll have to jog my memory with the times his replacement was "far worse".

• Like 3

I think I'm the only VTer left who thinks Hutton is a good player and isn't ashamed to admit it.

He had a rough half a season, a few games in the middle where he did ok followed by a long layoff and then back into an ailing side devoid of idea. He was as much a victim of McLeish's madness as anyone, there's a serviceable footballer in him.

Of course the manager doesn't rate him which I can understand and he's on far too much money for what he is. Then there's Lowton. But I'm surprised we're not seeing much more interest in him, he seems to want to play football.

• Like 1

His seemingly intentional collection of yellow cards at Christmas, his late tackles, his wages and the fact he was bought by McHoofdraw definitely sour my view of him. He's better than some first team RBs, especially Shotton/Wilkinson at Stoke.

Â