Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Shoody

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's playing today! Although he scored that reserve hat trick, he looked lost when he came on against Arsenal and was at fault for the last goal..although he looked OK when he cam on against...was it Everton?

Sorry as much as i try and look at it in a good way i think its disgraceful 8 changes...

Why not play the same team which played so well against blackburn get them gelling together as a side it may even benefit us playing the same side our prem season is as good as over anyway cant see us being relegated now with the fixtures we have remaining surely what else do we have to aim for?

Just saw the selection. It would appear on the face of it as though we're dumping the FA Cup in favour of a league campaign :) It'll at least be good to get a good look at Bradley, though it's not an ideal situation to put him in a side like that one.

Just like Moscow all over again. O'Neil should be ashamed!

The players out there aren't exactly terrible, we're still in with a chance.

It's not though.

Some of those players in Moscow had never even made it onto the bench before.

I thought even without a wink, it was fairly obvious I was being sarcastic... :|

Why the **** are we resting players? We have nothing else to play for WTF Ashley Young on the bench?

Only our future in the Premier League.

If only Blues had the same idea last Sunday :twisted:

Its a cup we can win, go for it!!!!!

And its a Cup that we have tradition in, and one we would all dearly love to win again.....

The fullbacks are weak and City may take advantage of this. Our attack is pretty solid though. 3 Strikers with Bannan and Bradley attacking while Petrov sits back. May be a high scoring match. Let's go VILLA!

Overreact much? I think some people forget we have more important things...such as PRemier League survival to concentrate on. Don't write them off so quickly either, I'd rather us lose today and have all our best for the next PL game. UTV!

We're a win and a two draws from safety with ten games left. Frankly we'd have to be ridiculously bad to go down.

Resting players in this game is for me a poor decision and one that's going to have the top off the worms again.

I'm really not looking forward to this.

The players ran their arses off against Blackburn. I'd rather have 11 energetic players than a bunch of knackered players who'll be even more knackered for the vital game against Notlob. We're always moaning that Bannan, Delph, the Fonz and Bradley don't get games, well now's their chance.

Apart from Hard, not a single player out there I think 'hmmmm'....so not really that bothered, I'd of liked to see Downing and Young but at least it gives players who are desperate to impress, a chance to do exactly that.

We have a squad, nothing wrong with using it.

I agree we have a squad but considering we lost 4 - 0 last time against these **** id like to see Houllier in a hungry mood with revenge on his mind isnt that what he's been saying in the press today about that loss being his lowest ebb? Great way to vindicate it perhaps he thinks we can win with this side and we have nothing to worry about and he just wants to insult Man City kind of like Ronnie O Sullivan beating an opponent using his weaker arm... only time will tell

doesnt look a weak side to me, petrov / bannan / bradley will hopeully be a strong and hard working midfield.

Herd at RB is a mystery though, wheres Walker?

Glad to see Delfouenso and Bradley getting games. Too risky to through too many new or young players into the team when we are still near the bottom 3, however they both need game time so this is a perfect game for them and a big test.

Likely getting a spanking, although that was still likely even with Ash and Downing playing.