Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Shoody

Just saw the selection. It would appear on the face of it as though we're dumping the FA Cup in favour of a league campaign :) It'll at least be good to get a good look at Bradley, though it's not an ideal situation to put him in a side like that one.

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have wanted us to go out and try and win this game by playing our strongest squad possible especially after the blose wankfest recently with them winning a trophy

Reading are still in the hat if we were to get through this match we are still 1 match away from wembley again with the possibility of it being Reading who we have already beaten twice in a cup run before.

Spot on.

Why the **** aren't Downing and Young playing?! I'm digsusted. Whether it works or not, they should be in that starting line-up. No Albrighton either in the starting line-up. What is Houllier playing at?!

So if we win you will still be pissed off that Ash and Ste aren't playing...Behave yourself!

If we somehow manage to win then yes I would be. I think that if we are going to somehow win now, then it will be once at least one of them has come on the pitch.

Bit of a knee-jerk reaction when I first saw the team sheet and hopefully the lads will do well. I'm just baffled as to why he has left all of them out to be honest. Man City have put out a much stronger side on paper...

Maybe Houllier thinks our league position is more important right now huh, getting any of the players injured tonight that he's left out wouldn't be good for us in the league which at this moment in time is far more important than the FA cup.

Downing and Young have played a lot of games this season.

Strange lineup yes and on paper it don't look like we will win this game, but give them a chance?

Just to re-iterate. Herd in for Walker is the only suicidal option that Houllier has made. Otherwise he is playing 3 CM's who are capable of playing deep and probably 2 wingers who'll do a shift aswell.

I would have wanted us to go out and try and win this game by playing our strongest squad possible especially after the blose wankfest recently with them winning a trophy

Reading are still in the hat if we were to get through this match we are still 1 match away from wembley again with the possibility of it being Reading who we have already beaten twice in a cup run before.

Spot on.

x2 .

Just saw the selection. It would appear on the face of it as though we're dumping the FA Cup in favour of a league campaign :) It'll at least be good to get a good look at Bradley, though it's not an ideal situation to put him in a side like that one.

Just like Moscow all over again. O'Neil should be ashamed!

The players out there aren't exactly terrible, we're still in with a chance.

Bannan going under viera's legs will be good to see. Anyway walker and downing both had knocks before last w/e and I am sure Ash was reported as having an ankle prob recently too, can see why they're rested.

Think we might play 253 with all those midfielders.

Why the **** aren't Downing and Young playing?! I'm digsusted. Whether it works or not, they should be in that starting line-up. No Albrighton either in the starting line-up. What is Houllier playing at?!

So if we win you will still be pissed off that Ash and Ste aren't playing...Behave yourself!

If we somehow manage to win then yes I would be. I think that if we are going to somehow win now, then it will be once at least one of them has come on the pitch.

Bit of a knee-jerk reaction when I first saw the team sheet and hopefully the lads will do well. I'm just baffled as to why he has left all of them out to be honest. Man City have put out a much stronger side on paper...

Maybe Houllier thinks our league position is more important right now huh, getting any of the players injured tonight that he's left out wouldn't be good for us in the league which at this moment in time is far more important than the FA cup.

Downing and Young have played a lot of games this season.

Strange lineup yes and on paper it don't look like we will win this game, but give them a chance?

I can't see is going down and don't see the need to rest the players. I have said it was a knee-jerk reaction and of course I will get behind them.

In all honesty though at the moment I'm not convinced that Houllier has made the right choice. I will be over the moon though if I am proven to be wrong, and I hope that I am. After all there are still some very talented players on that pitch for us. Come on the Villa!

Just like Moscow all over again. O'Neil should be ashamed!

The players out there aren't exactly terrible, we're still in with a chance.

It's not though.

Some of those players in Moscow had never even made it onto the bench before.