• Makoun
    • Reo-Coker
    • Agbonlahor
    • Bent
    • Collins (for Cuéllar 27)
    • Heskey (for Bent 57)
    • Bradley (for Agbonlahor 73)

NRC was a beast today.

This. Him and Makoun were excellent in the middle today.

Makoun's tackle was a stupid one though, and after he went we really weren't the same team.

Was also a stupid goal to conceed. Just went to sleep against a team who are very very good from corners.

Apart from that our general play wasn't too bad. We really need to turn this into points though or we really are in the shit.

The teams around (and below us) have a game in hand on us, Birmingham and Everton have 2.. If those games are won we are only out of the bottom 3 on goal difference.

The game was there for the taking in the first half but we never had a chance in the second half.

Gabby, Downing, even Young were lively in the first but completely disappeared after the break.

Reo-Coker was the only one who had a decent all round game but one player isn't enough.

Young has gotten way to big for his boots and I get the feeling he thinks he's too good for us. Really poor second half from him and the miss at the end summed it up.

No Makoun in the next three matches is gonna make it tough for us.

Reo was immense today, especially in the second half.

Makoun good until that needless tackle, i think the red was maybe a bit harsh but it was a silly tackle, studs showing and two footed. Walker, Dunne and Collins were good i think. Downing is a joke, extremely wasteful today. Young, im sick of that cry baby. This is not **** womens ice hockey where youre not allowed to tackle, get the **** up and stop moaning! Bent was tired but Heskey instead of Delfouneso was a joke. Bradley made some good tackles and Gabby yet again poor on the left. Clark decent, think he makes things harder than they are sometimes, especially when he time after time starts dribbling at the back.

Let the hysterical overreactions begin.

I'll check back here in a week or so when perhaps the rage has subsided enough that conversation is possible.

Hysterical overreactions ?

The weeks tick by and we are desparately close to relegation - what is hysterical to see and be concerned by that ?

Jeez - I remember people moaning blind when we were struggling to get in the top 4 -that was hysterical overreaction - but to complain/wory about us now ?

Simple realism that is all.

I'm not one of the doom merchants but this is the first time i've looked at the table and actually felt genuinely worried...

12 Fulham 26 0 30

13 Everton 25 -1 30

14 Birmingham 25 -8 30

15 Aston Villa 27 -15 30

16 Blackpool 26 -11 29

17 West Brom 26 -17 27

18 Wigan 27 -18 27

19 West Ham 27 -18 25

20 Wolves 26 -19 24

Wait, you weren't worried back in December/January? I was a bit worried then - not now.

Didn't see the game but a point isn't really ideal, although Blackpool are no mugs and have taken a few scalps this season. The two things that really bother me are the fact that we always seem to score first but then always seem to let in a goal straight after and that we've had 4 players sent off in league and cup this year already.

I thought there was a decent shout for it being a penalty in the end and I thought Cathcart went 2-footed on Young in the box and somehow the ref decided there was ball in there. I suspect though that by the end he'd had enough of Young's bitching and wasn't going to pay it no matter what.

I thought Dunne was our best today - pushed them back in the air and covered for Clark who seemed to struggle against the might of Marlon Harewood.

Downing and Walker tore Carney a new one but the wastefulness of the final ball was absolutely criminal.

I want to see us forget about this player in the hole business and go back to a 4-4-2. Left-footers on the left and right-footers on the right. Strikers up front please.

Makoun was pretty good up until the red - a deserved red. Bradley was decent - a bit of a headless chicken for the most part. Hopefully he will be better for the experience.

Houllier's only mistake was making Ash captain today.

A captain is supposed to lead by example and try hard - Young did neither of those things and was an embarrassment. I really hope we sell him in the summer because that was just the final straw for me. Plays shit lately, ok, fair enough, the side are on a bit of a downer due to low-confidence - but after busting a gut when playing for England and scoring a good goal.. it just rubs salt in the wounds. **** him off.

NRC MoTM today - fantastic performance.

not good enough. We are in the shite.

Quote me on this all you want.... If we finish top half 10quid to VT. Because it won't happen.

Fair enough, and I can certainly see why you're confident in saying that - what I will say though is that we're currently three points from 8th. It's a madhouse table.

Yeah I can see that. But we just ain't making enough chances. Its the current lay out of the team IMO. 2 up top is needed with two wingers.

I'm starting to feel that (like MON had) GH has players he won't drop i.e. Downing or Gabby. I'd like to see Marc on the pitch with Ash or Stu on the left at times. The 3 should be used better.

NRC was good today made a case to start against Blackburn.

I still say we will struggle. 2 games I thought we would get at least 4points from and we have 2. Blackburn next, before the cup so a must win AGAIN imo.

I am angry and upset but UTV as ever.

Not so long ago who would have thought that some fans would see a draw at Blackpool as a good result. How low we have sunk and how low are the aspirations and expectations of some of our fans.

This season is a right off and all we can hope is that we scrape more points together than the other shit teams around us.

Frustrating. Had a pretty good first half and probably should have go in ahead. But 2nd half was pretty woeful, even before the red. A loss would've been very nasty, so take the point and move on. Really need to get 6+ pts out of the next 3.

Friedel 6 - not much to do, few catches and easy saves but nothing serious. Had no chance with goal

Walker 6 - I love his willing to take the ball up the pitch, just needs to be a bit more aware sometimes. Gave Friedel a couple of nasty backpasses.

Dunne 7 - some key blocks & challenges, particularly in 2nd half after being a bit ropey first

Cuellar 6 - okay. injury will be very frustrating just when he gets picked ahead of Collins

Clark 5 - struggled a bit defensively and consistently failed to get crosses in. It's not his position, we know that, a proper LB would give much better outlet, particularly to do the overlap if Gabby's on left

Reo-Coker 8 - best player for us, remained strong throughout

Makoun 6 - probably our best player 1st half, but the red could've been very costly

Gabby 6 - got the goal, but didn't get much change out of their right back otherwise

Young 5 - frustrating afternoon - where was the cool head he showed midweek in that injury time chance?

Downing 6 - v.good first half and had a lot of space for much of the afternoon, but did not always use it most effectively. Disappeared for much of 2nd half

Bent 5 - got the assist but that was his only notable touch

Collins 6 - got some important headers

Heskey 4 - was literally just sitting down at one point; won a few headers but kept falling over and being offside

Bradley 6 - not long on pitch, but he played important role in closing stages and made some vital blocks

Extremely angry at the refereeing today, very very one-sided, the ironic cheers when we got a free kick were justified. On the players - Walker looks a real asset, those runs are great to watch, Makoun was assured and strong until the red card(his tackle that lead to our goal was outstanding) and Downing looked dangerous just needs to better that final ball, NRC played one of his best for the club.

Ash was awful today, and I'd love to see how many touches Bent actually had before he was taken off.

Poor result.

NRC motm. Downing utter shit, whats the point of a winger who cant deliver a cross or pick out a team mate?! He squanders possession and kills attacks dead so often that his ability to carry the ball and find space is pointless.

Houllier tuned me around with his ability in the transfer market but its a shame we cant use him for that purpose only and get a proper manager in to coach the team. Its clear he isnt good enough and needs to go.

Decent game. Good point in the circumstances. Blackpool are notoriously hard to beat on their patch.

If you ignore they had won 3 and lost 6 of the 11 games they played at home until we turned up :lol:

The problem wasn't that Blackpool are hard to beat at home (see above) - the problem is the clown we have for a manager!

Utter gash. NRC my MOM.

If Young hadn't gone down every time someone breathed near him we may well have got that penalty at the end as well.

Agree about Ash and the penalty, Webb wasn't going to give it after all that ear ache.

I did have Walker as my MOTM as he did what he had to (ie defend) and linked up well in attack. Can see why most would give MOM to NRC though.

im sure this is some kind of piss take? it is isnt it?

firstly, gabby didnt score from the left midfield, he was upfront with bent , secondly, yes downing may keep posession and play some decent football but again, how many crosses did he put in the box today? and how many chances did he have to put it in the box today?

what is the point in having our fastest forward who is right footed stuck out on the left of midfield? what is the point of having downing who is the only player we have who can put in regular crosses on the run from the left on the right?

there is no point, unless we we now have bent a a keeper becuase he may save a shot at goal, or dunne on the wing because he may swing a cross in? or clark up front because he has scored this season?

play players in their proper **** positions for **** sake, every week this happens and oh what a **** suprise, every week we play pretty football and either scrape a win ( which is becoming rarer than rocking horse spunk) or never look like winning and grimly hold on to a loss or draw which apears to be most weeks now.

stop trying to fit downing in on the right, he is utter **** wank as a winger on that side, i couldnt give a flying **** if he has a 90% success pass rate, fantastic, im sure i would if every time i got the ball i either **** it up by refusing point blank to cross it in, trying to cross it in but am on the wrong side so **** it up or as in 90% of the time, he passes the **** back to a defender when we are on the break and attacking.

his shit play when we were on the attack ended with him mis controlling the ball and it ran an extra foot infront of him, instead of go for thr 60/40 ball in his favour he **** bottled it, the ball went into the middle and makoun then makes a bad challenge and gets sent off. ALL because that fuckwitt is on the wrong side.

how many times did gabby cross the ball in when he had skinned his man and bent got in to position? none did i hear you say? but that cant be, i saw him in a crossing position at least 8 times today, yet he didnt manage 1 cross? i wonder how right footed gabby didnt manage to make a cross from the left when in a perfect crossing position?

hmm i wonder?

ashley young yet again being played in this magical place called the hole? the **** arse hole maybe, because he was shit.

young should have been captain but who could imagine he would be back to his crap shit from earlier on in the season? falling down and whining like a bitch.

time to start droppping some of these and play people in the proper place becasue you are trying my patience GH, i can only presume you have got a little confused. sort yourself out before you look a complete **** cock.

as a side note, can anyone tell me how many points we have got by playing gabby on the left, downing on the right and young up front?

im guessing not very many.

Why oh Why did we not start with Makoun, Reo, Bradley & young in midfield with Bent & Gabby up front?

Downing is not a midfielder - can't tackle, can't cross can't defend..... We should have won this game - we NEEDED to win this game.

Disgusted with Houllier for not being able to see it & now SHA are above us. Shit Shit Shit.

Â