• A Young
    • Makoun
    • Reo-Coker
    • Agbonlahor
    • Bent
    • Collins (for Cuéllar 27)
    • Heskey (for Bent 57)
    • Bradley (for Agbonlahor 73)

We've got Bolton, Blackburn, Wolves, West Ham, West Brom and Wigan.

That'll be the Bolton that are very good at home and we only could draw against at home. Wolves who have beaten Man Utd, Arsenal and Man City. West Brom with a new manager. West Ham, who are much improved, gaining points and it's away so we are guarenteed to let in at least one goal. And Wigan, who have drawn where we got thrashed today.

Not looking good.

If we cant get minimum 12 pts from those games we deserve to go down

I'm not one of the doom merchants but this is the first time i've looked at the table and actually felt genuinely worried...

12 Fulham 26 0 30

13 Everton 25 -1 30

14 Birmingham 25 -8 30

15 Aston Villa 27 -15 30

16 Blackpool 26 -11 29

17 West Brom 26 -17 27

18 Wigan 27 -18 27

19 West Ham 27 -18 25

20 Wolves 26 -19 24

If viewed in isolation it looks ok - a draw with 10 men at team who do ok at home.

But it isn't isolation, and it isn't just thepoint that matters.

It is more of the same uninspired insipid rubbish, with people hopelessly wasted in wrong positions, with no motivation from the sidelines, having a bit more possession again and doing nothing with it - and it is another is a series of games where we have struggled, not just the odd game, but game after game.

Rather than a MOTM I'd like to nominate a "Poster of the Thread".

Award goes jointly to Stu_The_Villan and dodgyknees for "Grow up".

Could apply to a great many posters on here.

Good first half, bad second half.

I'm not going to put this one on GH, the team he put out had the opportunity to score plenty today. He really can not do anything about a poor final ball unless he gets out there and plays himself.

NRC MotM for me.

The penalty claim at the death was a foul IMO but might have been on the edge of the box. Last man should have been a red. Makoun's probably was a red but thought Webb was shite today. Ash didn't help the situation. Downing was crap. MOTM, Walker or Dunne maybe.

not good enough. We are in the shite.

Quote me on this all you want.... If we finish top half 10quid to VT. Because it won't happen.

Fair enough, and I can certainly see why you're confident in saying that - what I will say though is that we're currently three points from 8th. It's a madhouse table.

Downing was marginally the best of an uninspiring, uninspired bunch today. He combined well with Walker at times, playing positively and assuredly. It's just that being placed on the right means he can hardly ever cross first time.

Reo Coker broke up play well enough. Makoun looked useful for spells, until he was rightly sent off for that terrible tackle. I thought Collins had one of his better games, doing well to charge everything down when it looked like Blackpool were a shoe-in to take a late winner. Gutted about Carlos' hamstring though.

On the whole though, we lacked ideas and cutting edge. Young was really poor for most of the game, looked better towards the end when he was hugging the left more and challenging Baptiste, but a didn't achieve anything behind the striker. Gabby was a walking empty space apart from the goal, which was a lucky let-off for a bad finish.

Houllier's got the team set up wrong and made ineffective subs. We've forgotten how to defend set pieces again and for our own set pieces we may as well just hold our hands up and roll the ball to their keeper. Really not good. I think we were lucky to draw, and anyone trying to blame the ref really needs to look closer to home.

We're just poor.

The players are adapting to the passing game but at the same time they are not very good at it.

We never move forward as a team, there's never anyone in a central position when we are attacking or when a player is out wide it's a cross or a backwards pass, a square ball to midfeild is never possible.

Terrible second half, Ash Young would want to pull his finger out rather than swan diving and bitching to the referee every 5mins.

yeh he was back to his whining pre madonna best today

probably brought on by him thinking hes the balls after his goal for england

Coker was fantastic. He should be playing there every game. Shame Makoun got sent off for a stupid tackle, but no complaints about the red card, just a shame we're going to miss him for the next three matches.

It's not as bad as some people are making out

Hard to pick a MoM as nobody really stood out. Downing and Young both had good games but were VERY wastefull. They need to sort their final ball out BIG TIME. NRC had a good game as did Makoun until the sending off. Gabby was shite apart from the goal.

I voted Walker as MoM though, nothing spectacular but was a threat going forward and solid at the back

Thought we would get beat today - so a point is a good result under the circumstances. - Although not a defeat I get the feeling today will be the day when GH looses even more of the little support - he really is running out of excuses now - the euphoria of the new signings has passed - there is little evidence of progress on the field - hopefully we can limp home just above the relegation zone - but I certainly don't want this tosser in charge next season.

Â