• A Young
    • Makoun
    • Reo-Coker
    • Agbonlahor
    • Bent
    • Collins (for Cuéllar 27)
    • Heskey (for Bent 57)
    • Bradley (for Agbonlahor 73)

I wasn't happy with the result but i think the negativity and over reactions on here are worse.

You all wanted Cuellar back, Houllier brought Cuellar back and in the middle - sadly he got injured but that is no-ones fault.

Most wanted NRC back and Petrov gone, it happened and NRC was MOM.

Makoun got red carded, yet to be honest we played no different without him.

There's been a Gabby witch hunt going on and the endless playing on the left bleating and yet he scored a brilliant goal.

Ash and Downing were in the thick of things and Downing should have scored and Ash prob should have had a penalty, it just didn't happen today but i don't think Houllier could have done much different.

We need a left back and we need a more solid formation at the back, but we didn't lose and at times looked pretty decent. People need to take a **** chill pill and stop wetting their panties every time we don't win.

Looked really good going forward first half but final ball was often shit. Gabby is not a left winger and Downing is not a right winger as we all know well apart from the **** that matters - Houllier. Week in week out we can't defend from set pieces and once again got found out. Again why Houllier can't sort this out is anyone's **** guess. Its basics for gods sake.

Second half we were shit and the sending off is no excuse as we were shit before that. Can't remember Kingston making a save second half. Looked like a two footed challenge from Makoun and a red at the time but would need to see it back. As an aside Bradley looked like a startled rabbit when he came on. Although having said that most of them were piss poor in the second half.

Overall really disappointed with our performance but under Houlllier not surprised. The surprise comes when we actually play well or on the very odd occasion we win.

Good support today but we deserve better than what's being served up.

Just got back from the game.

Brief run down of what I thought..

Rio MOTM by a mile.

Makoun = Missing.

Downing = Superb 1st half rubbish 2nd.

Gabby = Great finish still not a winger.

Bent = Did anyone actually pass to him ?

Ash = So much better when switched back to the wing.

I wasn't happy with the result but i think the negativity and over reactions on here are worse.

You all wanted Cuellar back, Houllier brought Cuellar back and in the middle - sadly he got injured but that is no-ones fault.

Most wanted NRC back and Petrov gone, it happened and NRC was MOM.

Makoun got red carded, yet to be honest we played no different without him.

There's been a Gabby witch hunt going on and the endless playing on the left bleating and yet he scored a brilliant goal.

Ash and Downing were in the thick of things and Downing should have scored and Ash prob should have had a penalty, it just didn't happen today but i don't think Houllier could have done much different.

We need a left back and we need a more solid formation at the back, but we didn't lose and at times looked pretty decent. People need to take a **** chill pill and stop wetting their panties every time we don't win.

Chill pills all gone and I have decided to stop wetting my panties every time we don't win because I am running out of panties.

Rio MOTM by a mile.

Makoun = The usual neat passing game and a rash challange

Pretty much this, plus my edit in bold

Friedel - 7 - Shit marking for the goal, didnt do anything wrong.

Clark - 5 - I appreciate he's not a LB, but I thought he was beaten too easily and final ball going forward was awful, was it his man who scored?

Culler - 6 - Shame he got hurt, looked good

Dunne - 7 - Did well,looked very solid with Collins, his 'type' of match

Walker - 6 - Amazing going forward, looked suspect positionally, but I like the lad, offers genuine 2vs1 threat with the right winger

Gabby - 7 - Thought he nearly muffed his goal! heres a revelation - HES NOT A LEFT WINGER!!!!

Makoun - 5 - Looked a bit off the pace todayh, and stupid tackle nearly hurt the team

NRC - 8 - MOM, without him, I think we would have lost this game

Downing - 6 -Just plain average

Young - 7 - Great work, and another relevation, LOOKED BETTER ON LEFT!!!!

Bent - 6 - Looked tired, but no real service

Subs:

Collins - 7 - Him and Dunne did great, threw himself at everything, his type of game.

Heskey - 6 - Fighting a losing battle after the sending off

Bradley - 5 - Looked a little lost, but be harsh to just judge him from being thrown into this specific game, with being a man down.

Notes:

Set peices!? we cant defend them, and we cant deliver a good ball off them, same with in play services, were awful!

Should have had the game wrapped up in the first half, we were brilliant, then second we were lucky to get out with a point.

Why was Stan not even in the squad? Im sure its been covered, but the commentator on my feed didnt know.

Play Ash on the lef, Gabby and Bent up top, NRC and Makoum in the middle, Alby out right.

Rio MOTM by a mile.

Makoun = The usual neat passing game and a rash challange

Pretty much this, plus my edit in bold

USUAL??

i'm sure there is people who will just say Downing is crap because others are, he is a LEFT winger of course his final balls aren't going to be as great on the right as on the left

We also lose momentum in our forward thrusts because he is constantly checking back onto his left rather than quickly whipping it in.

Decent game. Good point in the circumstances. Blackpool are notoriously hard to beat on their patch.

Pretty much how i feel.

Are you aware that Blackpool actually have the worst home record in the Premiership?

THat said... we weren't as bad as some are making out.

Explosive start, fizzled out towards the end, especially when Makoun walked. Still can't defend set-pieces but not catastrophic, I see the same people who are calling for GH's head earlier in the season, then were creaming over him after signing Bent, are now calling for him to go again...oh dear. Anyway, we have got some decent games coming up (although I said that after the ManUre game) that we really, really need to win, let's turn out in numbers and support the lads because we have got some cracking players who are capable of playing some electric attacking football, as demonstrated in the first half today. Trust me, we will be playing Premier League football next season, this is a transitional season and we will kick on next season without looking back.

UTV

Friedel - 7 - Shit marking for the goal, didnt do anything wrong.

Clark - 5 - I appreciate he's not a LB, but I thought he was beaten too easily and final ball going forward was awful, was it his man who scored?

Culler - 6 - Shame he got hurt, looked good

Dunne - 7 - Did well,looked very solid with Collins, his 'type' of match

Walker - 6 - Amazing going forward, looked suspect positionally, but I like the lad, offers genuine 2vs1 threat with the right winger

Gabby - 7 - Thought he nearly muffed his goal! heres a revelation - HES NOT A LEFT WINGER!!!!

Makoun - 5 - Looked a bit off the pace todayh, and stupid tackle nearly hurt the team

NRC - 8 - MOM, without him, I think we would have lost this game

Downing - 6 -Just plain average

Young - 7 - Great work, and another relevation, LOOKED BETTER ON LEFT!!!!

Bent - 6 - Looked tired, but no real service

Subs:

Collins - 7 - Him and Dunne did great, threw himself at everything, his type of game.

Heskey - 6 - Fighting a losing battle after the sending off

Bradley - 5 - Looked a little lost, but be harsh to just judge him from being thrown into this specific game, with being a man down.

Notes:

Set peices!? we cant defend them, and we cant deliver a good ball off them, same with in play services, were awful!

Should have had the game wrapped up in the first half, we were brilliant, then second we were lucky to get out with a point.

Why was Stan not even in the squad? Im sure its been covered, but the commentator on my feed didnt know.

Play Ash on the lef, Gabby and Bent up top, NRC and Makoum in the middle, Alby out right.

Dom - pretty much my view of the game too. Further comment below:

NRC - this was his sort of game as he is better than lower half of the prem, he just isn't good enough when we come up against better sides.

Downing - a true enigma because if he showed half the determination that Ash / Gabby / NRC or Mak showed yesterday on a regular basis he would be outstanding whereas at the moment he is a luxury we can ill afford on the pitch. His final ball was shocking with both feet, three times we had men over and free and he never found them.

Ash - really worked hard, didn't go over quite as easily as he has in other games and when on the left (his rightful place) looked at home and very dangerous. His partnership with Bent didn't work he twice played little round the corner balls for a give n go only for Bent to have already gone and missing the incoming ball.

Gabby should have stayed on the pitch, his overall game y'day was good he held the ball well and distributed it too. He should have stayed on with Bent going off and Gab going through the middle.

Bent - look a goalscorer and little else - GOOD. Though whne it isn't coming off or the service is too slow he looks misplaced. Playing on the half turn off the last man means he needs a partner to hold it up and feed him or feed the midfield for the ball on... see Gabby above.

Makoun - getting to terms with the English game it seems. Plays the ball intelligently on the ground and is prepared to put his foot in. A good work in progress who I feel will come good. Should possibly have scored too.

Defence - Quite simply frighten the life out of me on every set piece we concede. They need to get onto yesterdays AVTV commentator Ken McKnaught about how to man-mark. Quick not re Ciaran ... he was absolutely knackered and tat misplaced cross at the end came from him simply not having the energy to kick it!!!

Yesterday we were almost very good but too often we were almost very poor too. We should have been home and hosed after 20mins and yet were somewhat lucky to come away with a point.

Explosive start, fizzled out towards the end, especially when Makoun walked. Still can't defend set-pieces but not catastrophic, I see the same people who are calling for GH's head earlier in the season, then were creaming over him after signing Bent, are now calling for him to go again...oh dear. Anyway, we have got some decent games coming up (although I said that after the ManUre game) that we really, really need to win, let's turn out in numbers and support the lads because we have got some cracking players who are capable of playing some electric attacking football, as demonstrated in the first half today. Trust me, we will be playing Premier League football next season, this is a transitional season and we will kick on next season without looking back.

UTV

Totally agree

Poor that we couldnt beat the team with the worst home record this season but after going to 10 men a point it better than 0. I still feel that mr big time ashley young needs to be put back outwide as where he is playing he must be scoring and he simply isnt so therefore we need to go back to 442 and put him where he is best wide and running at fullbacks. Frustrating as thats 2 winnable games we have yet again drawn! And to make it worse the blushite could be well clear of us soon! They seem to win their home games more than us! Killer!

Decent game. Good point in the circumstances. Blackpool are notoriously hard to beat on their patch.

Pretty much how i feel.

Are you aware that Blackpool actually have the worst home record in the Premiership?

THat said... we weren't as bad as some are making out.

I feel glad that we did.t lose this game. Should pick up enough points at home to stay up and draws away from home are welcome.

Â