The Arab Spring and "the War on Terror"

legov

The West has to let the Iranian religious leaders vent their rhetoric every so often while allowing the actual politicians (most of whom are Western educated) to run things without sanctions shackling them. Anyone who thinks Iran would actually start WW3 needs their head checked. 

North Korea is a bigger threat than Iran could even pretend to be.

Edited by maqroll

Iran is the perfect example of how religion retards development. Despite internal zealotry and external sanctions, they still have a massive, westward looking middle class who just want to join the modern world. 

• Like 3

Iran is the perfect example of how religion retards development. Despite internal zealotry and external sanctions, they still have a massive, westward looking middle class who just want to join the modern world.

Do me a favour please, print out your post and mail it to Congress. Someone forgot to tell them.

• Like 2

I'm sure if polled, a majority of Congress would say they think Iranians are Arabs, and that the entire country is populated by camel riding terrorists. I don't exaggerate. I despair.

I think the USA are finally copping on to the idea that Iran, sans the nutters in charge, are the more natural allies to the West than the Saudis and their medieval mates.

I'm sure Iranians will get rid of the nutters in due course, or rather I've more faith in Iran getting rid of their nutters than any other country in the region (and doing a good job in the aftermath rather than falling apart at the seams).

The problem with that is that it might lead to an independent, democratic Iran, made by and for the Iranian people. They might want to keep some of their own stuff, we'll blow them up and install a dictator before we'll let that happen. 

• Like 2

I have friend who is in the oil business and he travels alot to Iran, he told me that he party alot when he is in Iran.

I thought he was joking at first, but he was not, Alot of people there hate the government and their silly rules, and breaks them evry day.

I have friend who is in the oil business and he travels alot to Iran, he told me that he party alot when he is in Iran.

I thought he was joking at first, but he was not, Alot of people there hate the government and their silly rules, and breaks them evry day.

My guess is most of the government break the rules as well. It's the old men with long beards who have everyone hostage. 

• Like 1

My guess is most of the government break the rules as well. It's the old men with long beards who have everyone hostage. 

ZZ Top?

• Like 2

11133967_680136255425062_426152595726276

There were some Russian diplomats kidnapped and killed in Iraq in 2006, I gather.

And there are other articles out there about Russians being kidnapped and killed.

And there have been a few hostage crises, haven't there?

Edited by snowychap

But it's not for evrybody, a bottle of vodka (1 liter) on the black market in Teheran is $100.

Â