The Arab Spring and "the War on Terror"

legov

Why not just disagree with ideas, rather than hating them? Hate is a very strong word; it has justifiably negative associations.

Hate is subjective ... I usually hate most things I disagree with and that is just another of our species flaws ! I am sat in my pants hating shit.. I am not chopping the heads off of things I disagree with !

I get that, but neither are 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the world's Muslims. 

Why not just disagree with ideas, rather than hating them? Hate is a very strong word; it has justifiably negative associations.

Hate is subjective ... I usually hate most things I disagree with and that is just another of our species flaws ! I am sat in my pants hating shit.. I am not chopping the heads off of things I disagree with !

I get that, but neither are 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the world's Muslims. 

Maybe not ... But 50%  are treating women like shit or indoctrinating their poor kids into a perpetual circle of stupidity or being homophobic ... I could go on!

I hate that shit.

With a passion.

What exactly are the families of these british people who have gone over to fight for is doing about the current situation

Are they going to the authorities and telling them that they are doing this or are they keeping quiet to protect them

The butcher who is chopping peoples head's off must have family in britain and i'm sure they may have a hint that it is their son carrying out these atrocities

I don't understand why people give "moderate muslims" an easy ride . Their actions are just as dangerous to humanity as the violent clearings in the woods !

To be honest, it sounds like you really don't like Muslims. Maybe that's not what you're trying to say, but it's what it sounds like. I'm going to give up here, because there's no way either of us is going to end up changing our minds, and these sorts of conversation end up with hurt feelings and angry moderators. I will say though, that if you can't accept a moderate Islam, then I don't see why Muslims of either moderate or extremist persuasions should care what you think. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

What exactly are the families of these british people who have gone over to fight for is doing about the current situation

Are they going to the authorities and telling them that they are doing this or are they keeping quiet to protect them

The butcher who is chopping peoples head's off must have family in britain and i'm sure they may have a hint that it is their son carrying out these atrocities

hes probably from a muslim ghetto in london so the community wont care or he will even be a hero among many.

I don't understand why people give "moderate muslims" an easy ride . Their actions are just as dangerous to humanity as the violent clearings in the woods !

To be honest, it sounds like you really don't like Muslims. Maybe that's not what you're trying to say, but it's what it sounds like. I'm going to give up here, because there's no way either of us is going to end up changing our minds, and these sorts of conversation end up with hurt feelings and angry moderators. I will say though, that if you can't accept a moderate Islam, then I don't see why Muslims of either moderate or extremist persuasions should care what you think. 

I didn't even know you and I are in a debate ?

I hate Islam and like a lot of Muslims . I don't care what it sounds like to you !

I am pretty sure anyone who has been on VT for a period of time knows how I feel about religion ! 

Islam is an idea .

Muslims are humans .

There is a difference .

• Like 1

They are inhumane murdering scum.  Religion plays no part in my thinking of that.  Religion should not cloud your views.  These are humans with a sick twisted idealism who wish to impose their will on the world.  Much like Hitler.  Notice that I said humans. 

They have hijacked a race with hatred.  Please don't blame the race for that.

Call them the un-islamic state

(source is the Scottish Herald in the link)

Edited by trekka
  • Like 1

Yeah because I really plan on blowing up Villa Park in it's entirety whenever I go there....

Actions do not have to be violent to be dangerous. You are replying to sonething i havent said .tut tut !

Yeah because I really plan on blowing up Villa Park in it's entirety whenever I go there....

At least wait until our form dips again mate.

• Like 1

Either you don't go to many games or you are terrible at planning. ;)

• Like 1

story here about two Austrian girls that may have gone to fight with Isis

Police managed to track them to the Turkish border and believe that they went by car into the war zone where they were married to extremists and then sent out to fight.  They then regularly posted status updates on social media from Syria.

One of our friends in Hungary met a man in Tunisia and "fell in love "  came back to Hungary converted to Islam  , sorted a few things out and said to another friend can you tell work I'm sick and wont be in for a few days   .. and was last heard of in Istanbul where she got married to him  ... her last message said she was going with her husband to Syria

hard to get your head around these things really  ..

Last heard of catching a JDAMS from an F-18...

The US has been providing proper CAS to Kurdish and Iraqi Security Forces since Sunday night and also started to target IS military infrastructure in general.

IS numbers have swelled to 30,000, but of that how many are actually battlefield capable in the way that IS have been previously in their ability to function as something close to line infantry, I guess remains to be seen. It wouldn't surprise me if most of the foreigners, when not guarding prisoners are set up for rubber dingy rapids missions. That said, the problem we have is the old Saddam types and those that have survived ten years of insurgency have set up an effective command structure and you're not going to be able to easily degrade that from the air.

Â