Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

To be fair he is up there with the best.

Like who? Petrov looked 10 times the player Makoun is the final games and I wouldn't put him as better than the best? People are making judgements on a player on one game for us and a couple for his previous side, madness? Berson had a couple of good games for us, didn't make him up there with the best.

He was talking about Albrighton's crossing.

And fwiw I agree with him.

To be fair he is up there with the best.

Like who? Petrov looked 10 times the player Makoun is the final games and I wouldn't put him as better than the best? People are making judgements on a player on one game for us and a couple for his previous side, madness? Berson had a couple of good games for us, didn't make him up there with the best.

I think Stu was talking about Albrighton?

But i do agree with you in the sense that people are too quick to judge players and turn them into world beaters.

But i do agree with you in the sense that people are too quick to judge players and turn them into world beaters.

But exactly the same could be said the other way, people are too quick to write players off.

In reality, people are just too quick. We should just wait until he's had a full season and judge him then.

perhaps all new players should go and shag imogen west, get a super injunction taken out and then we wouldn't be allowed to mention their name unless it was on twitter....

i agree with stevo, how many of us on here got shot down when we suggested downing needed pre season before we'd see the best of him, pre season was debated at length iirc yet he came back our best player

ive certainly seen enough of makoun so far to think that theres something good there given a chance

perhaps all new players should go and shag imogen west, get a super injunction taken out and then we wouldn't be allowed to mention their name unless it was on twitter....

Or better still we can pile the praise and pressure on their shoulders and watch them crash and burn when they dont live up to the world class status given to them buy fans wearing claret and blue glasses...

ive certainly seen enough of makoun so far to think that theres something good there given a chance

Im not saying Makoun isnt great and wont be great. I actually agree with you that in the same vein as Downing, Makoun will benefit from a full pre-season and should only be judged at the end of next season. I was just saying that it is silly to make these judgements of him based on 1 decent performance against Utd, then blow him up to be some world class star like people tend to do.

i agree with stevo, how many of us on here got shot down when we suggested downing needed pre season before we'd see the best of him, pre season was debated at length iirc yet he came back our best player

I think that's a poor comparison. Downing, once he started playing, made an obvious and sustained difference to the way the team played and quite a lot of people were able to point to substantive examples of that when arguing against Downing's critics.

That just hasn't happened in Makoun's case. He hasn't established a role or presence in the first team. For people to cite the man U game - one we lost 1-3 - as a sign of his potential seems a bit far-fetched to me.

As I say, let's see how things look at the end of next season.

I think that's a poor comparison. Downing, once he started playing, made an obvious and sustained difference to the way the team played and quite a lot of people were able to point to substantive examples of that when arguing against Downing's critics.

That just hasn't happened in Makoun's case. He hasn't established a role or presence in the first team. For people to cite the man U game - one we lost 1-3 - as a sign of his potential seems a bit far-fetched to me.

i dont think so

last we said downing would be better once he was fully fit and up to speed

now we cant say the same? and i didnt just cite the utd game, i cited the through balls vs wolves and newcastle which were perfect and id go as far as saying we dont have any other CM in our squad that could do it, give him time let his confidence grow and he'll become very good for us

As ridiculous of people citing he won't make it based on a couple of games.

No-one is saying that tho are they!?

People like me are just reserving our judgement till such a time that it is fair to judge. ie. next season after a full pre-season.

People like me are just reserving our judgement till such a time that it is fair to judge. ie. next season after a full pre-season.

Amen-Brother.jpg

Some people are and I'm referring to them.

I have no opinion on Makoun myself right now, as I will give him time till I judge him too.

i dont think so

last we said downing would be better once he was fully fit and up to speed

now we cant say the same? and i didnt just cite the utd game, i cited the through balls vs wolves and newcastle which were perfect and id go as far as saying we dont have any other CM in our squad that could do it, give him time let his confidence grow and he'll become very good for us

Agree V4E! He has shown some moments of real class in his short time here. The Prem is played at such a higher tempo than Ligue 1 or the CL and it must be difficult to adjust to that. Given a full pre-season and hopefully playing alongside some fresh talent in the middle of the park he could be a real star for us.

I think if he played alongside a real stopper and a skillful No.10 type we'd see the best of his creativity.

............Capoue.......Makoun...........

Albrighton........Payet.........Downing

There is more to Makoun's latest injuries (no specifics given by club) and his early departure to Cameroon. Don't want to seem pessimistic, but something is being hidden by the club IMO. Someone posted back a few pages that he might be done at the Villa. It wouldn't surprise me. Something doesn't add up. Unfortunately I can't go into details as to why.

Â