Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

I think to be frank a lot of people are fantasising about this guy's potential, based on a very few and rather erratic performances for us. We have yet to see what he can really offer over a sustained campaign. I supopose for 5m Euros or whatever it was someone must have thought he had something to offer but he hasn't shown it to Villa fans yet.

He's shown it to me. Maybe he just doesn't like you Briny. And who can blame him - having a go at him for those yellow cards, tut tut. Every one of them was a miscarriage of justice. In each case he actually won the ball, then came up against a ref determined to show the newcomer how we do things in the Premier League.

For me the jury's out!

Has shown some potential but not enough yet!

Needs to work very hard over the summer!

I think people are going to be very disappointed if they think we have a world beater on our hands?

For me the jury's out!

I think people are going to be very disappointed if they think we have a world beater on our hands?

I think that's the first use of the term world-beater with regard to Makoun or any other members of our squad.

For me, Makoun has weaknesses (size, tackling, shooting), but also some major strengths (reading of the game, astonishingly quick, accurate and well-weighted one-touch passing, quick through-balls).

Sure it's possible that his weaknesses will limit his impact, but if we can get him making the passes that he's capable of, he will be one of our most important players.

The main problem with Makoun is that none of the players around him are on the same level in terms of seeing passes/runs early. Once our players can learn to read what hes gonna do, we'll see the best of Makoun.

Im convinced we have a quality player. Its the players around him who need to improve.

It is amazing how some people don't even seem to be able give players time, happened with Downing also.

And Milner, and Petrov, and Collins, and Cuellar

[

The guy has got an edge to him and letting Karl Henry know so isn't something I'd criticise him for.

In all fairness mate Karl Henry completely bullied him out of that game and Makoun couldn't handle him.

It seems he really struggles against players that get stuck in to him and if he is still here next season, which I have doubts about, then its something he needs to improve on quickly.

Thats exactly what didn't happen. The rest were bullied out of it and Makoun was the only one who returned the serve, I think he was booked for a challnge on Henry. (none had good games) . I think the red mist descends quickly when players nibble at him.

I'm not sure he's settled in at all though, have to wait and see.

For me the jury's out!

I think that's the first use of the term world-beater with regard to Makoun or any other members of our squad.

For me, Makoun has weaknesses (size, tackling, shooting), but also some major strengths (reading of the game, astonishingly quick, accurate and well-weighted one-touch passing, quick through-balls).

Sure it's possible that his weaknesses will limit his impact, but if we can get him making the passes that he's capable of, he will be one of our most important players.

I find it amazing that the slightest defense of a new player suddenly turns him into a world beater in the opinion of that fan.

I think to be frank a lot of people are fantasising about this guy's potential, based on a very few and rather erratic performances for us. We have yet to see what he can really offer over a sustained campaign. I supopose for 5m Euros or whatever it was someone must have thought he had something to offer but he hasn't shown it to Villa fans yet.

He's shown it to me.

Sorry, by definition he can't have done.
what he can really offer over a sustained campaign.
there is a lot of wishful thinking about Makoun but wiser owls will wait to see how things look by the end of next season.

I will be interersted to see how he gets on with a full pre-season behind him. Not expecting a lot though tbh, thought he was shit when he come and he has done nothing overall to change my mind. CM that cannot tackle, has no physical presence and so far has been nothing short of a liability. Has to get better as he couldn't get much worse for me.

Petrov constantly gets slated on these forums but has been 10 times the player of the likes of Makoun this season. I'd rather 65 mins of Petrov.

Obviously I genuinely hope he makes it for Villa but I just can't see it myself.

My opinion.

Anyone who watched the Man Utd game could see how good this guy can be on his day.

We need to play to his strengths because he could be an absolute beast of a player for us.

The game that started people saying he was this and that, that he would be off at the end of the season to Chelsea, Arsenal etc etc.

The sun even shines on a dogs ass some days!

People on here are too quick to make something out of nothing, like at the start of the season when people were claiming Albrighton was the best crosser of a ball in the league.

edit-Just to clarify Lex, my post is not aimed at you directly mate.

People on here are too quick to make something out of nothing, like at the start of the season when people were claiming Albrighton was the best crosser of a ball in the league.

To be fair he is up there with the best. When he gets decent game time he invariably gets an assist

I like the look of Makoun so far. Comfortable on the ball and able to do in one or two touches what much of the rest of the team do in three or four. I hope we move further towards this sort of player so we are able to retain the ball a little bit better.

To be fair he is up there with the best.

Like who? Petrov looked 10 times the player Makoun is the final games and I wouldn't put him as better than the best? People are making judgements on a player on one game for us and a couple for his previous side, madness? Berson had a couple of good games for us, didn't make him up there with the best.

Â