Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Makoun deserves a chance this season but if he doesn't pull up any trees then get rid!

He's more likely to scythe the trees down about 10 secs after the ball went passed it

Cough, "past", cough. Apart from that I completely disagree, although you and three or so notable others seem determined on this point, so who knows.

tbh I've rarely seen a player be so late in the tackle and genuinely actually mean not to foul. He's not in my book a dirty player, he was just so wildly off the pace of the game

That wouldn't be a problem of he is given time to adjust and get up to speed. I hope PL gives him that opportunity.

tbh I've rarely seen a player be so late in the tackle and genuinely actually mean not to foul. He's not in my book a dirty player, he was just so wildly off the pace of the game

Yep.

Not good enough IMO. Be interesting to see whether the Lamb gives him a go or not ...

Couldn't agree more, he could have been sent off in every game I saw him play.

Then again, Paul Scholes managed to have a pretty good career been wildely late in tackles so there could be hope yet.

am sure when Bouma joined people said he was off the pace and he would be a flop and he turned it around. its possible he can adapt

Then again, Paul Scholes managed to have a pretty good career been wildely late in tackles so there could be hope yet.

can thank Fergie he never got more cards ;)

Bicks, stop talking about Delphy, you do realise this is the Makoun thread? :winkold:

am sure when Bouma joined people said he was off the pace and he would be a flop and he turned it around. its possible he can adapt

This. Bouma was literally terrible, and for quite a long period as well. Give Makoun a chance, he joined half way through a season and joined a struggling side, it's mind boggling that he's been written off, esp with us so badly lacking in numbers.

I don't see Lambert being here for the long term let alone some of the players in my opinion.

Bizzare comment considering PL's team haven't even kicked a ball.

I can only see big things for Lambert and very good things for us getting better the longer he stays. He will comfortably out last the combined tenures of the previous two **** ups.

I am confident he'll be here for the next 4-5 years and then it being a case of us having to fight off others sniffing around him. If it pans out that way it will mean he has done an excellent job and that is something we will all want.

I'm confident in him but this is a big step up. Getting Villa into the top 8/7 and competing for Europe from where we are now is a lot different to getting Norwich up and then keeping them here. Not that he hasn't worked wonders this, but this is the next step.

I'm confident in him but this is a big step up. Getting Villa into the top 8/7 and competing for Europe from where we are now is a lot different to getting Norwich up and then keeping them here. Not that he hasn't worked wonders this, but this is the next step.
I think getting the Norwich team he took over to back-to-back promotions is a harder task than getting this squad to be in the fight for 6th. He's inherited a competitive squad and I suspect a competitive budget to do that. I also think he has the luxury of low expectations thanks to the incompetence of his predecessor.

Â