Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Back to back promotions with Norwich and then a comfortable mid table Prem finish is a remarkable achievement and I don't see getting us back into the top 8 as being as tough as that. It won't be easy but with decent backing he will get us into the top 8 with in two seasons and then I'd expect us to push on from there. He is the perfect fit for us and I'm confident he will prove to be an excellent appointment.

Back on topic as for Makoun if Lambert fancies him and thinks he can get something out of him then thats good enough for me. If he doesn't and lets him go then so be it.

To me Makoun, Delph, Gardner, maybe even Herd will start as fringe midfielders this season. They will need to convince Lambert thay are worthy of place in the team. IMO Makoun , Delph would be outsiders for a first team spot - and if any sort of reasonable offer came in - I think Lambo would take it.

SSN saying we are open to offers for J2M this morning. Looks like Lambert has ran the rule over him and found him lacking (for the prem) which I agree with.

Doubt we will see him in a Villa shirt again.

I would like us to keep makoun was really impressed with him last season couldnt understand why the ginger clearing in the woods let him go

How many games did he play for Villa last season; a few preseasons and then Hereford? And he was really impressive?

How has he ran the rule over him when he ain't seen him play, plus I'm pretty sure Sky Sports have picked this story from Mat Kendrick's comments last week in his article.

Haven't seen that article I'm afraid, just relaying what I heard on SSN and then crowbarring in my own interpretation of it. My term of expression comes from the 'guess' that he is doing this to his entire squad right now to see who will and won't fit into his plans and where he needs to fill gaps.

Obviously I have no real clue as to what is going on.

The less he plays for Villa the better he becomes on Villatalk

Delph and Cuéllar also became superstars via this route. It's tried and trusted. You could call it the Salifou Highway.

Can't see what all the fuss is about. The odds are heavily stacked against him staying at villa - even his supporters must acknowledhge that.

If he leaves us and goes on to be some CL superstar at Barcelona or Real Madrid - then yeah we missed a trick on a good player.

Most likley scenario he will play out his career in a minor league somewhere.

I would like us to keep makoun was really impressed with him last season couldnt understand why the ginger clearing in the woods let him go

How many games did he play for Villa last season; a few preseasons and then Hereford? And he was really impressive?

I think he means the season before, and fwiw I agree with him completely. I was really looking forward to seeing how he would do last season. I hope and think Lambert will have the sense to give him a go before deciding to get rid.

Makoun seems to have contracted the Reo-Coker syndrome.

The less he plays for Villa the better he becomes on Villatalk

NRC was one of our best players when played in the correct position in Houllier's team.

Â