The General's thread - do not respond to other posts!

TrentVilla

Hi General, your words were "imagine what McLeish can do if he is backed!!!!"

We have now recieved £35+ million from two transfers, so would it be fair to say that McLeish will be spending all of that and even more ......apparently the reason why he wasn't that successful with other club is because he wasn't backed .....so I really do worry about where we will go if he isn't backed like you claimed.

I'm not asking how much we're spending, just what 'being backed' means because to me that means at least spending the same/more as the money you are receiving from transfers.

General,

Is the ambition of the club to still get into the Champions League as mentioned by Lerner from 2006-2010, or to just "compete" in the league, as mentioned by the CEO of the club when we appointed McLeish?

Has Lerner's fingers been burned by trying to get Villa into the Champions League and is he now scaling back his investment for a possible sale?

I know you can't really comment on that but a lot of fans are starting to realise the above. This is being amplified by a lack of comment from Lerner on anything relating to AVFC for over 12 months. As they say, there is no smoke without fire.

Randy Lerner could be dead for all we know, he is that invisible.

General

If we are to have a fans' liaison person on here, any chance that you could ask somebody to do it who doesn't have a full time position elsewhere that is clearly stopping them from devoting as much time to the role as it requires to be useful? Your continued absence at a time such as this is rather stoking the fires I feel.

General,

On appointing Mr Mcleish you told fans to "imagine what he'd be like with the financial backing that Randy could give him".

Mr McLeish has recently been quoted as saying:

“I think we have to move forward with what we’ve got.

Looks like we'll have to imagine it as it's the best we'll get to knowing what it's like!

All we want is the truth.

P.S Is the Ashley Young money available to the manager to spend as well as the Stuart Downing fee or not?

General,

Would like to thank the board for making us a laughing stock!

There is a flag that i have seen on the away games i go to - "We did not choose, we were chosen" - Right now i was i did choose (someone else).

I recently moved up to Liverpool and everyone up here is laughing at us as a club at the moment, saying that we will be lucky to survive, we got Downing cheap, Only one side in birmingham and thats West Brom - These are just a few things that are being said and TBH i can agree to a certain extent!!

BTW - is there any chance that we can hurry up and get some signings in as these are taking too long!!

Regards

General,

Please look at the 3rd line of Mysteryman's comments in the first post of this link: http://tinyurl.com/Fans-Meeting-With-AM

If the "minutes" from the fans meeting are genuine (not calling you a liar Mysteryman!), how foolish does that make AM look to those who sat and witnessed those comments from him?

Can you tell us how happy AM is about this situation and what is thoughts are, please?

Hi General,

Any chance we can get a queuing system for the ticket office? I've been sitting for an hour redialing the number to relocate my season ticket and it is so frustrating!

Thanks,

Hi General

What was the thinking behind letting players leave before we find replacements?

Doesn't that put us at a disadvantage in that teams know we have lots of money to spend (or should have) and also we run the risk of not being able to get replacements in?

General,

Should we be very lucky and the youth team that you want to replace the Premiership players that we are selling perform half decently, these players will obviously want to be rewarded with a Premiership players wages.

Should this happen, will we have to sell these players too?

P.S Have you gone to the same place where the money has gone?

P.P.S What's the point in this thread if you going to hide when decisions the board have made go wrong?

general, can you tell us why the club have not acted on the information that two of our players have been illegally approached this summer?

not only that, but we actually went and agreed fees for those players with the clubs who tapped them up?

we know that ally mccoist was on the phone to carlos cuellar weeks ago without making anything even close to an official approach to the club to try and get him to manufacture a move, and the same thing happend with downing a long time before that. the latter was brought to the club's attention, but the club did nothing.

why is this?

and why is it now coming out that villa were the ones who pushed through the downing deal, as well as being the ones actively trying to get rid of carlos cuellar?

have the board got absolutely no balls? for all this talk of doing things right, we aren't half a pathetic bunch are we

General,

Is it that Villa do nothing about other clubs tapping up our better players because it suits Randy and the board to have them tapped up so that you can reduce the wage bill?

bored with selling our best players, bored with seeing us linked with poor players! Are we Blues in disguise?

Of course I have renewed but the difference is whether I feel that my love for Villa is being taken advantage on so we will see

Why do some people react too quickly. Cant you just wait and see who we sign before the end of the transfer window and then comment.

The trouble with some on here is they want everything yesterday, have some F***** patience!!!

Also 20 mil for Downing - we snapped there hand of a quite rightly so....payed wat over the top - good business.

And finally - thanks to Lerner for his investment in the club over the past 5 years apart from (one bad season) ive had some great times, which were few and far between under Ellis (people have short memories!!!)

SV. last time we waiting with patience to see what happened we got AMc.

General. I assume everything is still going to plan. Shame its a cunning one left over from Baldricks nightmare.