The General's thread - do not respond to other posts!

TrentVilla

General,

I will speak for myself and not try and speak for others and say you have still got my support. Thank you for getting rid of a player who doesn't wish to be here and earning a very quid in the process.

I do hope and believe we will see players in to replace the ones we have lost. Probably won't be the same quality but I hope a better fit for the team overall. Who knows though you guys may surprize us. I believe AM is accessing his squad at the moment and will buy players he deems fit to move us forward in the way he wishes us to play. A little over a week to our first pre-season game so get a move on. ;)

Oh, a question: How is the weather where you are? :)

General,

Yesterday I thought well at least we are at our lowest point that we could be and looking at my little nephew I need to continue to bring him into the Villa family. My sister-in-law family are all blue noses but between my mom and me, we are confident we will bring him to our side rather than the dark side as their club is a joke. I thus ordered him the full Villa away kit yesterday, so he could be proud to wear the Villa the colours......another day goes by and the Board have made me question them again. I never want to see him go to the Blose and that will never happen but part of me is thinking do I want to bring him into the Villa family to suffer what the board are doing to the club. As my previous post to you said, we are to not listen to the media but wait for your actions........so I re-iterate.....

Recent Actions:

1. Young gone (expected),

2. Alex appointed which only the board thought was a good idea and

3. Now Downing fee being agreed.......

the boards actions are speaking very loudly. I'm deeply embarrassed by the club.......what are your thoughts? I assume you will say wait and see or Randy always backs the manager but it is getting a little weary at the moment

General

I have to say that ive had enough and would like for you to ask Randy to sell up because clearly you all have no clue how to run this great club !

Selling all our best players , appointing our rivals "relegation " expert of a manager , I mean WOW you cant even do that on "football manager ! ??

Just a thought , what makes you think that if we did sign say, Nzogbia on a 4 year deal he does well , that he wont just be off in a couple seasons , because he wants to play champions league football ? HOW the hell is that any better than now ? TRY NOT ACCEPTING THE MONEY AND LETTING THEM SEE OUT THERE CONTRACTS !! Take A Bloody stand !

Very frustrated Villa Fan .

:cry:

Hi General

Can I offer my support...what can you do when a player wants to leave? His decision is indicative of his character rather than Randy's...

At least we can boast a world record from this sale...it has to be the highest fee on record paid for a snake!!

Good riddance and make us happy with some talent...I really don't think he's hard to replace, does AM think the same?

general, when are the villa board going to wake up and realise that this is a professional sport and not happy la la land? when are we going to get our hands dirty and act the same way everyone else does in order to get ahead? its all well and good saying "thats not how villa work" but lets be honest here, villa dont work full stop.

we turn down a top manager in mark hughes because he walked out on fulham, yet time and time again we let players and clubs walk all over us. you think we were hanging out for the best price for downing? we werent. that deal shouldve been on our terms, transfer request or not. if we arent getting all the young and downing money, plus money from randys pocket to spend then you shouldve been asking for £25m, or £30m. if we didnt want to sell, taking £20m is hardly showing that fact to the world. why not hold on to him for a year, and spend money elsewhere, then worry about his replacement next season when we cash in on him for £12m next summer?

this "randy will back his manager" stuff isnt going to cut it unless we see at least the £36m from young and downing PLUS a minimum of £10m put in from randy spent this summer. backing your manager is not selling on players and then not giving all the money back.

do we have the money from our sales to spend?

do we have to further cut the wage bill?

is randy going to put in money for transfers from his own pocket?

are we trying to do things on the cheap?

This whole sitution remids me of Halloween " General come out come out wherever you are "

Please general reassure us fans what the plan is because with the whole situation regarding the manager and now the sale of out best players we wont need VP anymore because im sure Walsall will let us share with them.

You stated action would happen and you didnt lie there it just not what we want.

Does Randy intend to sell up

I think its time to be honest with us now after all without us fans the club would sease to trade.

General,

Do you realise that the best indicator of the Boards ambitions and direction are shown by the fact that all the best players want to leave the club? If the players had confidence that this regime could deliver the goods then they would stay, end of!

Over the past twelve months we have seen our club be run into the ground with disaster after disaster and it is shown by our best players jumping overboard like rats on a sinking ship.

I just wonder how much the whole club was been run by MON as since he has left we have fallen apart!!

General we all know that if you ever have the balls to come back on here and face the music that we are likely to get loads of tantrums and retoric. Can you please just come on and provide us with straight and honest answers and refrain from the 'if you were a real fan' stuff etc. this would make a refreshing change on your recent posts!

Haha.

If I dont laugh general, Id Cry instead.

Complete and utter embarrassment. Shambles. Joke.

Its hard to portray such anger using a keyboard. 15,000 Villa fans tried to do it on Facebook opposing the appointment of a failed manager. That didnt work either.

By all accounts Lerner is hated by most Browns supporters for being a failure in America, Now he is hated in England as well. What will it take for the man to realise he can run a credit card company but he doesnt have any idea how to run a sports team.

The board are a disgrace.

and what was with the club statement. I appreciate being kept up to date with what the Villa are doing as we usually dont get told but the statement from the club was amateurish at best. Yes we have a agreed a fee for Downing.....but honestly everybody we are trying to get a keeper. The part also about the goalkeeper stengthening our squad...no shit sherlock seeing as we dont have a 1st choice keeper at the moment.

Honestly I just dont understand what is going on with the club.....aside from hiring Alex, i could almost accept that, and I will over time. The problem I have is that we have great attacking strength with Young and Downing, that attack with speed, create opportunities and I assume is one of the reasons Darren Bent came to our club and then not only did we sell Young, which we expected but we sold/are selling Downing....yes we argue he put a transfer request in but why didnt we lock him into a longer contract when he wanted one, why didnt we just say he cant go until next season like we did with Barry (he had a good season that season). Almost seems like we give in straight away........

What must Darren Bent be thinking now, where is his supply going to come from? Yeah he'll be all fine to everybody and positive about getting the number 9 shirt but he must be questioning things inside

What are our strengths now? our defence struggled last year and we have lost a goalkeeper since then, and yes we are trying to get another keeper. Obviously Kyle Walker has gone back to Spurs so we are another down in defence. Our midfield has lost the two attacking/flair players and NRC.....and then our squad is thin away with a number of fringe players being released which is fine but we are now at bare bones......

Just wondering what our strategy is because there seems a lot to do and players arent cheap even very average ones.......

you can understand why fans are nervous, so many excellent and fringe players leaving.....rumours (and yes only rumours) of not a lot of money and a wage bill that still needs to be cut (managed). I dont expect you to answer any of this but Randy must be aware of all this, I know that sounds obvious and I know he will but it just seems like he is unaware because otherwise why is this all happening, why is it all just unfolding infront of our eyes........

bit weird if you ask me. On page 116 you catagorically denied we were selling our best players. So with Barry, Milner, Young, Freidal, Downing and Carew gone can I ask a simple question.

Who are our best players then ?., it sure beats me.

Also, now call me cynical, oh, just the thought of this makes me cringe, isn't it a bit of a coincidence that the club announced this exactly one hour after the deadline for season ticket renewals.

Disgruntled. Do you not realise we have just sold the entire england midfield. I'll have a guess the forward goes next year !

General,

I don't mind selling Downing, he's an unloyal arse of the highest order, who unlike Ashley leaves with a whole heap of ill-wishes heading his way,

BUT

Jordan Henderson was bought by Liverpool for £20m. he had one year in the prem and one england cap. the same club also spent a laughable £35m on a player with minimal premier league experience and 1 cap last season.

So I can only assume, you should have made a demand that was relative to these prices with Liverpool rather than getting bowled over for a stupidly low fee.

Downing has a wealth of experience, is a guaranteed starter, you know what he delivers, and has established himself ( thanks to us no less! ) in the England squad.

It would seem crystal clear to me that a sum equal to that for Henderson would be nothing short of daylight robbery on Liverpools part and would signal some rather poor negotiating on the part of the board. I hope that the fee was at the minimum in the £25-30m bracket.

I'm not going to be judging the board until the players do start coming in, of course, but I think given the current mood of the fans, certainly the sooner that starts happening the better,

Regards

Rod