Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think logistically lads would he really be currently in a Birmingham hotel awaiting a phone call if he wasn't about to sign for us ?

Think about it..

Milner, after the first loan season. I'm waiting for that fat lass to start warbling.

Almost crashed my car when I heard this on the radio. Just the kind of signing we need right now. The money may seem crazy but I honestly can't think of another player who would come to us that is proven in this league and puts up the numbers he does.

Turning 27 next month, will still have some great years left in him. Properly excited about this one

Think logistically lads would he really be currently in a Birmingham hotel awaiting a phone call if he wasn't about to sign for us ?

Think about it..

Is he definitely in Birmingham then?

very mixed reports but you and MM had all the info early.. is he in birmingham and has the bid been accepted?

Collymore on talksport has just rubbished this signing as a sign of desperation, and that we should be looking at getting someone in cheaper on a short term basis and also bring in another CB rather than putting all our eggs in one basket. This coming from a man that we paid over the odds for and never filled his potential. Jog on Stanley.

If thats the case hes talking shite.

How are people saying Luis Suarez is unproven?? Had a fantastic world cup and plays in the champions league!!!.For that $$ I would rather him .I think he is gettable for us to.He is class and a match winner and will make a statement.

Think about it..

Milner, after the first loan season. I'm waiting for that fat lass to start warbling.

But that was a very last minute thing i.e. they didn't need to let him go and they've publicly announced the fact that he's handed in a transfer request, they didn't have to - furthermore trying to spark a bidding war

Collymore on talksport has just rubbished this signing as a sign of desperation, and that we should be looking at getting someone in cheaper on a short term basis and also bring in another CB rather than putting all our eggs in one basket. This coming from a man that we paid over the odds for and never filled his potential. Jog on Stanley.

I completely agree with him.

But who says we haven't got more eggs??

also agree with Stan to an extent. I think our team could have benefitted from a more round improvement. I also thought that overpaid englishmen were a thing of the past? If 24m is all were spending then im not sure Darren Bent is the answer.

Think about it..

Is he definitely in Birmingham then?

very mixed reports but you and MM had all the info early.. is he in birmingham and has the bid been accepted?

yes and yes as far as I know..

Just been thinking about a factor in all this, and it's one which doesn't usually benefit Villa - the London draw.

Bent was born in Tooting, probably still has family there/in and around London, he's played for Charlton and Spurs (and no doubt has mates at both clubs) etc. He must be very isolated in the North East as he's miles away from everyone. He can't just jump in the car and be in London within an hour or two.

None of the London clubs are in for him, so a move to Villa makes sense (on a personal level).

It's blatant that he wants to play for us considering he's handed in a transfer request AND he's even taken the trouble to drive to the Midlands so he can be there ready to discuss personal terms.

Of course there is a club leading the league with aspirations for the title who need a goal scorer to convert their away draws into victories, who may now be alerted........

They might not actually have the cash as we do but, unlike most others, they can at least lay their hands on some when needed....